Status: updating slowly but surely :) of course, depends on the comments i receive!

Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 3

So I let Jacob drag me along to meet his buddies on his back. Whoops, stop getting your panties up in a bunch, it is very uncomfortable with him being all wet from the rain and his muscle-y body… (am I making things worse? I’ll stop, I’ll stop.)

I took a peek at my adidas plastic digital watch, 4 PM. I sighed, since we moved here my dad hasn’t spoke to me at all about curfews, maybe he was looking at Jacob’s huge body and had a conclusion that he’d be my personal bodyguard if I got into some trouble. Personally, I don’t mind him wanting me to go home at 9 o’clock, I am always just so worried about him being all alone at the house after a long day of work. That’s why I always ask Jacob to walk me home at nine.

Yknow, since he’s my ‘Personal Bodyguard’ and all.

I tried blocking Jacob’s blabbers along the way. He doesn’t really notice me doing this, and I’ve been doing this a few times, TEE HEE. Seriously! This kid and his raging hormones put his talkative mode on from sunrise to sunset. And don’t get me wrong, sometimes he did talk about interesting stuff, but some other times he talked about boring stuffs like different types of photocopy papers and how dolphins sleep with one eye open, in detail.

“We’re here!” Jacob said a little louder that startled me and I almost fell but Jacob grabbed me hard and I got back in place, “Whoa,” he joked, “Bumpy ride there, cowboy?”. I look up to see a few boys laughing and stretching their bodies near the cliff. And you know what they had in common? They’re all shirtless. Wow! Nice thing to know that La Push guys has such a great sense of style! -.-‘

“Hmh,” I ignore his remark, and it didn’t take too long when I realized the thing he ‘grabbed was my butt. And his hand is still staying there comfortably, “Black, touch my ass once again and it will be your neck,”. Although he’s not facing me I could sense him blushing, his hands on me loosened.

“Oh, right, my bad. Hey Embry! Quil!” He called to his friends, and two boys who stood nearest to us glanced up and grinned at us, walking to our direction right on cue. Jacob lets me down on my feet, greeting them with man-hugs for each. They seem to be engulfed in such an interesting conversation that they forget about me standing here awkwardly, fidgeting with my fingers.

“You saw that tv show last night, dude?”

“You kidding me man? Of course I did, it was awesome!”

“Hell yeah Jake! And when the girl walks in the scene and she almost slipped her bikini top off???”

AWESOME!” the three of them high fived.

I blinked. So this is the world where I will be included in. A world of perverted immature boys. Joy.

One of Jacob’s friends noticed me just standing here and scooted Jacob on his rib, “Dude, who’s the girl?”, he grinned at me. I waved back.

“Guys,” Jacob, also grinning, pulled my hand so I could stand beside him, he gave me another side hug, this one not that wet because the rain had stopped for a few minutes, and it is strange that he warms up so quickly, but I choose to ignore the weird fact. “This is Alana, Alana Andrews. She just moved here 5 days ago, she’s Mr Andrews’ daughter, you should’ve known that by now? And Alana? This is Quil,” He pointed at the guy on my left, “and this is Embry,” he pointed at the guy on my right. “They’re my friends!”

“Hello, I’m Quil!”

“Hello, I’m Embry!”

“You look nice,”

“You look pretty,”

“Your name is boring,”

“Can we call you Lana?”

“Your hair smells good,”

“Do you use pantene??”

“Embry uses Clear anti-dandruff”

“Quil uses head and shoulders,”

“They made my hair looks bright and shiny, EEEEE”

“And mine –“

“Hi! I’m Alana Andrews and I’m about to turn seventeen next month, I personally hate cats but I love dogs, my dad has one Labrador and its name is Zach. My favorite color is light grey and I hate the color shocking pink. I like dinner dates and walks on the beach, I dislike hiking. Any more questions??” I cut them off, batting my eyelashes at them, trying to act cute.

Jacob bursts out laughing, while his two friends had their jaws open, eyes bulging out. “Guys, she totally got you!”

I laughed too when the two guys who Jake claims to be the ‘Funny bunch’ gave me tight hugs, so tight that Jacob has to pull them off me. Quil said that my scent smells sweet and flowery, while Embry is still obsessing over my hair. “Hey boys,” I nudged Quil on the ribs, “Who are those other guys?”

I pointed at the three guys who stood closer to the woods, not paying attention to any of us. They took my interest when two guys approached the older looking, bigger guy and started talking. But the two of them are both shirtless too, so yeah, maybe they’re also part of the gang. Yadda yadda yadda.

“Ooh,” Embry joined Jacob and I and sits on the log we’re sitting on, “you see that guy? The scary looking big buff guy?” Embry paused for a second, realizing that to normal people, they all look scary looking, and big, and buff. “Nevermind, the one who looked older?” he pointed.

“That’s Sam,” Quil started to explain, “he’s like the leader of our group, he’s the oldest one, you see. Mess with him, you’ll be dead by morning.”

I cringe at his smirking face, and Jacob soothed me by rubbing my arm, “Yeah, like he would ever kick a girl’s butt.”

“And those other two?” I nodded my head at their direction.

“The one who’s standing on the left side and talking to Sam? That’s Jared. He’s an ok guy once you get to know him.” Quil grinned, then added with a whisper, “But don’t get him near your sugar cookies, he’ll eat ‘em right up the cookie jar!”

I laughed, and looked at Embry, “And that taller guy? With his hair a lot spiky-er, and the arrogant sexy look, (Jacob: what are ya? Gay?) is Paul. He’s never to be messing with,” he said with a horror expression.

“Really? And what is the price to pay if I did mess with him?” I teased, “I’ll be dead by morning too?”

Quil shrugged, “No, you’ll probably be dead 5 minutes after,”

I cringe again, and Jacob sighed, “Okay, there is a thing about Paul that you should know and understand. Paul has a bad temper, so as my two good friends had said, never mess with him. And the second thing, he’s a goddamn womanizer, even tried to hook up with my ole’ sister once,”

“Yeah, that was bad”, Embry chuckled.

“So you must toughen up if he tries to jump on you or… charm you or… sweeps you off your feet or… whatever it is Prince Charmings are doing these days,” he patted my head, like a teacher to his student, “So listen clearly, Alana dearest. You should really stay away,”

“Get it!” I gave him a thumbs up, “I’ll stay away”

“My, my, what do we have here,” once we all look up Sam’s already there, his arms folded in front of his chest, “Jacob Black late again? What excuse do you have now? We’ve agreed that brothers come first!”. Jacob only grinned, knowing Sam’s joking, then Sam’s eye made contact with mine, “Hey, who’s the girl?”

“I’m Alana, just moved here with my dad,” I explained, giving my hand for him to shake, and Sam’s face warms into a smile. Once you take a good look, Sam has a real older-brother figure, the type I want but never gets to have.

“Mr Andrews’ daughter huh? Well miss, welcome to La Push!” He spreads out his arms in a welcoming gesture, making Quil and Embry stiffen some laughs, “you just make sure these two dweebs show you around,” Sam ruffled their hair, laughing. Then he looked to the sky, “Hey, I’ve gotta run. Paul and Jared are already on their way, got some… business but I’ll talk to you later okay? Jacob, Embry, Quil,” he nodded once and ran to the woods.

I stretched my neck to look to his direction, sure thing is, Paul and Jared are already gone. I try to hide my frown, there’s something interesting about this ‘Paul’ guy. You know, girls always go for the bad boys indeed.

“Hey, don’t you two have somewhere to go? Something along the lines of the Clearwaters’ furniture?” Jacob shot his head up at Embry and Quil. They both slapped their heads at once, forgetting about the ruined desk of Mr Clearwater, and their promise to repair it, because it is their fault it’s broken in half. They said their goodbyes and ran.

Jacob sighed, and I could see the worry lines on his forehead, “what’s the matter, tiger? Something’s sure messing out with your head.” I ask, leaning my head against his shoulder.

He pouted, “I have girl problems,”.

Trying not to burst out laughing at his choice of words and expression, I coughed and looked at him, telling him to continue. Jacob looked at me waiting and exhaled, “You see, I have this stubborn best friend. I… I… really love her, and I’ve been there when her world comes crashing down, but she still looks at me as if I’m trash. Well, I did get the feeling I was wrong when I made her choose between me and her boyfriend. Of course Bella chooses him over me! Stupid, stupid.”

I froze, realizing Jacob’s not noticing my sudden stiffness, I started slowly, “Hey Jake? This… this Bella girl, her name doesn’t go with Swan right?”

Jacob looked at me quizzically, “Yeah, it does. Why? Do you know her or something?”
Seeing me grinning, he glared at me, “Well, um… remember when I told you I went to the ice cream shop this morning? I didn’t go alone.”

He lets out a frustrated growl under his breath, and we sat in silence for a couple of minutes. After I thought we are going to die in silence, he clears his throat and start speaking, “well then… does, does she say anything about me?”

“Oh I don’t know……”

“ALANA COME ONNNNN!”

“OKAY OKAY! Aren’t you one gossip-boy, sheesh. So it kinda goes like this…”

Paul’s POV

Jared and I ran as fast as a wolf can, only with our strength and power, we ran twice as fast. Sam had called us about the Cullens and we have to be there on his watch ASAP.

As soon as we get to the field, we changed back into our human figure, Jared morphing back earlier than me. “Gentlemen,” Sam walked towards us, explaining about the current situation. We nodded, we’ve talked about this since the last week, and Sam is confirming what we knew was right, and we have to make a plan for the coming ‘vampire war’.

“Hey, who’s that?” Jared pointed out at Jacob, Quil, and Embry. They seem to have brought someone, and looking at the way the person dresses, and the length of the person’s hair, it’s a girl.

Sam scoffed, “I don’t think she knows about any of this yet. Maybe it’s best for us not to spill the information to her, and also not to mess with her”

I smirk, a new girl? Well, no girls are welcome here except being welcomed by the one and only, me. I’ll deal with her later.

“Paul?” Sam called.

I shot my head up, “Yeah?”

“That means you,” he gave me a stern look, then ushered the both of us to do what we’ve been told to do.

If that’s what Sam wants, I can’t really assure him it is what he will get. After all, I’ve always loved challenges.
♠ ♠ ♠
One thing; i'm in love with my readers, especially those who comment!

SO! have you guys seen the Taylor Lautner episode on SNL? :D if don't, i'll be an angel and post the link here >> http://tinyurl.com/tlautner1 :) shortened it just for you! Just ignore the fact that it is all chinese -_-

And and and i have a candidate to portray as Alana, and that would be miss Liv Tyler herself! Ofcourse, with brown hair. I debated the thought at first but when i first saw this picture i decided i wouldn't have it any other way. :) thoughts?

thanks for reading!

xx, A

Ps: You know what? I am definitely going to name my future son alongside the lines of Ateara ☺ the name is just so, too, majorly cool and awesome!! Ateara, Ateara, Ateara woot woot just can’t get enough! Have another majorly cool and awesome name? tell me via comment comment comment!

pps: i think this one's too long :( 2000 words!!! i'll shorten up the next chapters for ya!

Comments required: 5 (And that's for you NOT to post 5 comments at once, Sam Shadows ;p)