Status: updating slowly but surely :) of course, depends on the comments i receive!

Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 5

Paul’s POV

I ran into the house, panting, wanting to find that one person. I want to know if that person is safe. My vision blurred, I started to panic, and I called the person’s name out loud. Footsteps begun approaching, sweat is dropping from my forehead as I walked into the kitchen, still calling the person’s name.

And in the middle of panic, I calmed down to see the person’s concerned face. I couldn’t fight it and I took the person in my arms instantly, hugging her close never wanting to let her go out of my sight. “You’re safe, you’re safe,” I could hear myself mutter over and over, relieved. That person laughed softly in my ear, pushing me backwards so she could look into my eyes.

She smiled, her face shining like a thousand suns. I took a strand of her hair away from her confused face, blocking its beauty. “Of course,” she rolled her eyes, “I am now”. I laughed and gave her the deepest kiss that ever existed, “You know why? Because I am here, with you,” Alana said giving me small kisses on the cheek, “Now wake up, Paul.”

“Wake up, doofus,”


“Huh?” I groggily looked up from my pillow to see a blurry looking Sam, his face blank with disinterest, “Sammy, what are you doing here?”. Wiping my face with the back of my hand, I realized something. I just dreamt something about Alana Andrews. I groaned, this is bad.

“Nothing, really”, Sam played with my rugby ball, throwing it from one hand to another, “just want to check on you, you left kinda early at the bonfire, and people are worried,”. I did left the bonfire in short notice, just after I ate some barbeque, I excused myself home with a sick excuse. Looks like everyone were buying it, seeing their concerned faces. Except Alana. I don’t know how her face was, I didn’t dare look up at her the rest of the night, even when she sat beside me to ask again if I’m feeling okay.

I sighed, “What are they saying?”

“Well,” Sam thought for a moment, “Emily said to get you some of the leftover baked potatoes you liked so much, which is inside the fridge by the way, and she said congrats. Jared just shook his head when I told him about the imprinting, and Embry just stood there stunned. Seth and Leah laughed their asses off but well… everyone’s happy for you,”.

“Huh,” I sat up, “so you’ve told everyone?” This doesn’t surprise me, Sam’s the alpha after all. I feel like a weight’s been lifted off my chest, at least I don’t have to tell Mr Bestfriend.

“Oh wait, no,” Sam grinned, “Quil told me not to tell Jacob, and that should be your responsibility”. He grinned wider when he heard me groan, “Can’t wait to see how that one goes.”

“Well aren’t you going to give me some privacy then??? I need a plan, a really good plan,” I huffed angrily and Sam left the room laughing. Jake, Jake, Jake. What should I tell Jake? I looked to my right, at my digital clock. 9:34 AM. I’ll tell him at the afternoon, for now, let’s just hope I’ll find a way to get back to that dream.

***
“What are we here for again?” Jacob asked me the third time, which made me roll my eyes. We’re inside the forest, I had asked him to go hiking with me with the excuse of ‘Planning future wolf stuff’, and he’s still as confused as hell with the idea. “You know, no offense, but why does it have to be you? Sam’s the leader then why shouldn’t he be telling me about this kinda stuff? And I promised Alana to run to her house in an hour, so mind making this quick?”

Alana, I sighed, that name again. I fidgeted with my fingers, I will make this nice and easy. “Yeah Jake, it’ll be quick and easy. Well, depends on how well you are taking it anyway.”

“What are you talking about?”

Nervously, I rocked my body front and backwards, “It has to do with someone that you’ll be running to after this,”

“Who, Alana?” Jacob cocked his eyebrows, smiling a side smile, “What about her?”

I took a deep breath and exhaled, “Well, you did told me last night about me not getting close to her, and not to mess with her.” Jacob nodded, his eyebrows furrowed. “So, I’m terribly sorry to say that I might not be able to keep that promise,”

Jacob gave me a low throaty laugh, “That, I cannot allow, bro. She’s a nice girl, and I’m not letting you break her pretty little heart. Besides, she’s not the only girl in town you can play around with, say… you can get along with Hannah, or Serena from Forks, or… anyone, in fact. But you can’t touch my Alana,” Jacob gave me a firm look, a look that told me that his decision is final.

I realized that this is going to be harder that I expected, I took long, deep breaths. It kind of bugs me when he calls her to be his “I’m not going to ‘mess’ around with her Jake. I’m not going to play around with her and toy with her heart. Hell, I’m not going to have her for sex, alright? I care about her, I care about Alana,”

“What?” he looked at me like I was crazy, “Oh no, don’t give me that crap. But,” he let out a whistle, “why are you even saying this, huh? You’ve said yourself you don’t want a ‘real relationship’, and the only excuse I could thought of if you’re being like this is…” he searched for the right word, “is as if you’ve imprinted on her, HA!” Jacob laughed, acting like this is just a big joke to him.

I kept my face straight and serious, waiting for him to calm down. He eventually did, and when he studied the look on my face for a minute, his face goes white, his jaw clenched, and he let out short anxious breaths. “You, You didn’t…”

Exhaling, I nodded slowly, “I’m sorry that I cannot control it, Jake. But I did.”

NO!!!” Jacob bursts out in anger, rage burned in his eyes. “WHY MUST IT BE YOU??

“I’ve told you before,” My jaw is also clenched, I can’t help but feeling insulted. But for the best, I tried to be calm and in control, hoping my temper will stay low, “It’s not something that I can control.”

Jacob let out a sarcastic laugh, both of our bodies already shaking “Really? Have you tried controlling it? Again, Alana is a really great girl who doesn’t deserve a guy like you, who will end up breaking her heart and stomping it. Face it, Paul! You’re not good enough for her. I promised Alana a great life here in La Push, and now she’s going to find out that she won’t, because she’ll be stuck with you!”

That does it. Fuck being in control.

In a mere second, out of rage and fury, I exploded to my werewolf form, attacking Jake. He did the same thing, baring his teeth at me. Myself, not liking small talks aimed for his neck, biting it. His paws found my face, he plunged it near my ear, making me wail in pain. I pushed him down, getting my fangs into the flesh of the back of his shoulder.

We fought dirty like that for half an hour, and we positioned ourselves far from each other, both panting out of breath. Our bodies are both hurt, bleeding, and tired. But Jacob is still giving me hard, hating looks. But I could see the look on his face, it’s slowly understanding the whole fact. And a sad look clouded the anger. I sighed and sat up, wanting to have a conversation than a fight.

“I’m sorry,” I stated.

He cut me shortly, “Why her?”

“I don’t know, Jake. It’s a new feeling for me and I don’t know for sure what it is I’m feeling. All I know is that she is the person I should be with.”

“You’re really not going to hurt her, would you?” He gave me a taunting glare, which I had to accept.

“No, I swear upon my life on that.”

Jacob lets out a frustrated growl. ”Guess I don’t have any other options, there, do I?”

”Wow.” My ears shot up in surprise, ”Seriously? That easy? I thought you might want to broke a rib or two,

”You broke two of mine, I think I broke one of yours” I examined my body, it does hurt when you pay attention to it. “And it seems like I can’t do anything about it.”

Listen Jake, you don’t have to worry about anything. I’ll take care of her with all the power I have. I’ll keep her protected, I will keep her safe. I promise you that,

Jacob nodded, agreeing, “Sure, sure. Just know that if something happens it’s going to be on you.

”Gotcha” I howled, “I know perfectly that it is going to be my butt,”

”No,”Jacob laid himself on the ground, “it’s going to be your pretty face,

“Oh, cool.” I grinned, already back in my human form. “But hey, one thing? Don’t call her yours ok? No more ‘my Alana, my Alana’ it bugs the hell out of me,”

Jacob stood up, looking at me with a disgusted smirk, but i could tell that we're cool already, since he lend me a hand to help me stand up, “Here comes the commitment issues,”
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GUYS&GALS! :D how’d ya think about the chapter?

Sooooo Paul told Jacob! Any comments about Jacob’s reaction? Or have you found an awesome name almost as awesome as Ateara that you wanna tell me about? ☺
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!

Going to expect a LOT this time!

Comments Required: 7-10* ☺
*comments by the same users not included ;)