Status: updating slowly but surely :) of course, depends on the comments i receive!

Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 6

(Normal POV)

“So that’s all she said,” I murmured to Jacob walking along the paths to the cliff. I know you’re probably bored to death about the current setting, but La Push isn’t technically Los Angeles material, and after weeks of moaning and whining, I got over the fact. I was telling Jacob about his situation with Bella in her point of view. Jacob told me that I was ‘helping’ both of them to look for an answer but still, I feel guilty for spilling the secrets.

“See? I am a not good enough monster” He let out a soft sarcastic laugh, kicking some pebbles.

I looked at his bothered expression and frowned, “Aw Jake, first of all; you are not a monster. An second; don’t let these kinda things ruin your mood. From the first time I met you, you’ve been PMSing over this!” I nudged him on the shoulder, “and being the Jedi of the situation, I’d say she’s wrong, but she surely did made her point by choosing Edward and not you. And that’s that, why can’t you just let it go?”

Jacob bit his bottom lip, eyes forward and looking like he’s in deep thought, but then, like the Jacob I know, he grinned at me like a five year old who just found out his friends’ hiding place after just a minute, “She loves me,” he shrugged his shoulders frrely, “just wait and see,”.

“Oh, you” I sighed hard, it is already bad when your guy friend is having love problems, especially when you’ve got a stubborn guy friend having love problems. That only makes it ten times worse. “So, are you joining the guys again?”

“Uh, which is why I’m walking you to Emily’s right now, yeah!” He said, his face forming a sort of sinister smile. “Say hi to both of them for me,”

“Both?” I echoed, “Sam will probably be with you, right?”

He stopped mid-track, “Uh, yeah. That’s what I was forgetting. Whatever, ifthere is someone else there, tell him I said hi,” again, that infamous smile.

God knows what Billy fed him for breakfast.

***

When I pulled my hand to knock on Emily’s back door, I hesitated hearing arguing noises. And both voices sound familiar, a female and a male. The female one must be Emily, but it’s hard to recognize the male’s, since it’s sounding like it’s stuffed. I decided to wait 5 more minutes until the arguing halted into a stop and turned my attention to the wood and the insect crawling on it to get to the top.

5 minutes passed, and the insect fell down and rises up again for a couple of times. The arguing had become a murmur. I exhaled, “Maybe it’s over now!”

Opening the door, I realized what a mistake I made only to hear a loud bang on the table. Gasping, I looked to my left only to see Emily looked back and forth between me and the other person with an amused expression, and the person causing the bang is Paul himself, wearing avery alluring Gray V Neck, his face red and huffed, a blush crept into his cheeks noticing me entering the room.

“Hi,” I waved, “I’m not interrupting anything, right?”.

“No! No!” Emily cheerfully welcomed me, half of her face shows me warmness, “Come inside! I’ve got fresh baked muffins! Why don’t you… sit by Paul there? I’ll go grab you some,” She ushered me to sit.

“You know I could’ve prepared myself for this, right Ems?” Paul took deep, uneasy breaths.

I cocked my head to the side, sitting down, trying to figure out what it is they're talking about and failed, “You ok there tiger?”. Paul flinched and looked at me with the same expression, but his eyes softened a second after, “it’s just… you look tired,”. I gave him a look of sympathy, but my eyes got out of control and started wandering around his body. From his sculpted jaw, his long lean neck, his broad shoulders, his toned abs, and those muscles. Those distracting muscles that are wrapped tightly from his t-shirt.

Paul noticed me looking and smirked, “Like what you see, Lana?”, he said in a cocky tone.

Cursing myself, I maintained my dignity and try to flirt back, “You tell me, you’re looking good Paulie, you been working out?”

He chuckled and eyed Emily, “You could say so. I mean, these gang made me work up a sweat every single fucking day,”.

“Language, children.”

“Sorry Ems.”

“Uh-huh, why are you guys so big anyways?” I cupped my chin with my right hand, “Are you secretly taking medicines that could instantly pop out muscles or something?”

Paul laughed, “Looks like that, huh? Well the answer is no, but… try to do anything to impress a girl like you,”

“Oh really?” I raised both of my eyebrows, this boy’s got game. I could hear Emily chuckling, “No wonder Jacob said you’re a charmer.”

“Yeah he would say that, wouldn’t he?” he studied my eyes, something about the look in his makes me feel warm inside, and sort of embarrassed, like an urge to look away from the intensity, but instead of doing that, I looked back into his eyes. “Tell you what,” he breathed, “how about I show you how much of a ‘charmer’ I could be?

I smiled, “I’m listening, what are you up to?”

“Cesario’s, an Italian place around the corner of Dale’s Tools? Have you ever heard about that?”, I nodded, telling him to continue, “They make the best pizzas in the reservation so… up for a bite?” Paul grinned.

“Oh I don’t know,” I played hard-to-get, making circles on the table with my finger, “Maybe you should persuade me into going out with you a little bit more, make it convincing”.

“My god it is getting hot in here!”

Paul narrowed his eyes into slits at Emily, then turned his attention back to me, biting his lower lip, “Well, I’ve got certain stories to tell. Have you ever heard about our history? The Quilluete history?”

“Yeah, I have,” I nodded, “My dad told me about it, not much, really.”

“Then you’re welcome to a full session of story telling with the one and only!” he opened his arms expectedly, “So whaddya say?”

I laughed at his gesture, “I’ll say yes.”

Paul moved forward to the table, “I’ll pick you up at 7 later tonight then?”

“7 it is”

“Dress pretty,”

“Impress me,”

“God you two are already so adorable,”

“Emily,” Paul growled, “Shut the hell up”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, a childhood friend of mine died this Monday. I’ve spent my days randomly thinking, and most of them is about life & death. It’s really a mysterious thing huh? She’s younger than me, which only makes it worse. Dying at 14 because of heart complications? Honey, that’s just super sad ☹ Really hope her parents and her younger brother could make it through!

By the way, is everybody having a great Christmas? ☺ Wishing that you are and that you’ve got lotsa presents to prove it! :D

Ps: sorry sorry sorry that I won’t be updating the next 4 days, going on a family road trip! :p comments? And sorry it’s a goddamn filler :p