Status: updating slowly but surely :) of course, depends on the comments i receive!

Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 8

“Well, Alana. So glad that you’ve finally know our secret!” Jacob, already in his human form, crossed his arms, grinning madly. “Welcome, welcome,” he sang.

Fidgeting against the wet ground, I looked up to him, “Did you just--” my eyes travel then immediately I decided shutting them both tightly is a great idea, “Oh god, Jacob”

“I know, I know,” he said in a sing-song voice and I could hear faint laughter from several wolves, but it’s not coming from the grey one beside me, it lays completely still and tense. “But it’s good right, no more secrets between me and my bestfriend.”

“Jacob”

I could sense him pouting, my eyes still shut. “Aw come on, Al. Am I such a terrible monster that you won’t open your eyes for me?” He walked forward trying to get my eyes open, “come on, open them,”

Jake” I warned in a threating voice.

“What?”

“WHY ARE YOU NAKED????”

Now the wolves are hilariously laughing, sounding like happy dogs, rolling on the ground. The grey wolf beside me stood up, growling and barking at Jacob, not liking what he has to offer. “What –ohhhhhh” Jacob realizes, a blush crept on his face. “my mistake,”.

***

“Hey Al, whoa whoa, completely clothed. Sorry you have to see um, what’s down under, heh heh” Jacob approached me, he stood by a tree, looking down at me sitting on the ground, confused as hell. “So, terrible headache?”

“Yes,” I rubbed my head, “What is going on, really?”

“Well, we’re letting Paul explain it to you, he’s preparing himself,” Jacob snickered. “You know, you should go easy at him, ok? He already phased back two times to his wolf form out of anxiety, bugging the hell out of Quil and Jared because their jeans are ripped completely off. Oh, and Sam’s Nikes. Now they’re going to walk home in their wolf forms, from the lack of clothing. Ha, sucks to be them!”

I smirked at his laughing figure, at least I know I’m not losing anyone as a friend. Looking at Jacob’s condition, he’s still perfectly healthy, looking perfectly fine, and I could guarantee you that he’s still the Jacob I know and is annoyed of. “You should warn him though,” I narrowed my eyes, “I’m angry at him.”

Jacob’s mouth formed an ‘o’, “ooooooh, so it’s safe to say that I’m unwanted here, I’ll just run along and call him, ok? Remember, Al… go easy,” he gave me a pat on the shoulder and howled as a joke. “Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?”

“Even a 5 year old wouldn’t be scared of you, Black!”. I could hear his roar of laughter getting far and far away. And then I find myself alone again. Hugging my knees, desperate for warmness.

“Hey,” a soft voice greeted me from behind, I rolled my eyes, feeling the person shifting uncomfortably, sitting beside me on the ground. “So…” Paul started, chuckling, “this has got to be your weirdest date ever, huh?”

I gave him a look, that automatically shut him off, his hand up for defense. “Yeah,” I agreed eventually, getting my attention elsewhere, taking a strand of hair away from my forehead, sighing, “it is a bit much to take in, actually.”.

I could feel Paul’s stare, so I ducked my head down, hiding. Looking up, the moon’s shining ever so bright. And since it’s early April, it reveals its full sight, leaving the creatures on earth stun in awe at the beauty. Without noticing, I smiled a bit. Even in a crazy time like this, the moon is still on duty, doing its job. Sometimes, life just feels too easy, a few illusions makes it better, though, disguising what really lies beneath. Darkness.

“Lana,” Paul took my hand, grabbing my attention. He exhales and spoke softly, “Look, I know you’re mad and I know this myth stuff is really confusing for you. I just… I want to explain everything but it’s just too complicated. You don’t know what’s it like to be in a situation like mine, and—“ he sighed, an arm flowing up, failed to find some more words to say.

“Then why don’t you just tell me?” I pursed my lips, “maybe… it’ll be easier to us both?”

“It’s harder than that, there are rules in the, ‘wolf’ world,” he made air quote marks.

“So,” I chuckled, “instead of being complicated, why don’t you tell me about it? You know, the ‘wolf’ world,” I laughed, imitating his previous expression. “But go easy on it, no pressure,”.

He offered me a smile which I returned, “Right, so… my dad is also a shape-shifter, a creature like me. Sam, as you can see is the leader of our pack, I’m actually the third person who phased as—“

“Wait,” I cut him off, “so you weren’t a ‘shape-shifter’ since birth?”

Paul shook his head, expression stern, “No, and I’m getting to the whole process so you better not cut me off,”. I ducked my head, embarrassed at him for making him feel annoyed but then he ruffled my hair laughing, “it’s okay. Um, so there are, as you can see there are seven of us, me, Sam, Jacob, Jared, Quil, Embry, Seth, and Leah. Oh yeah she is one of us, don’t look too surprised, you’ll be freaked at how feisty she really is,” Paul chuckled. “And we are here to protect La Push, from our enemies such as the blood-suckers.”

“Bloodsuckers?”

“Vampires,”

“wait, what the—oh! Vampires exist?” I covered my mouth with my hands.

He nodded, anger in his eyes, “have you ever wondered what Bella Swan is dating?”

“Edward’s a vampire?” I asked incredulously.

“Yes, and he has a family as well, living at Forks. But Jacob told us not to worry since they claim to eat animals only, and there are rules that say they couldn’t go to La Push, in any cost, if they did we can hunt them,” Paul took some hair away from my face when they fall back, his hand lingering a bit longer than it should have and I let him do so.

I could only cringe at him, imagining what would happen if they ‘hunt’ vampires. “Wow, I’d have to guess that there’s a lot more huh?”

Paul laughed, pulling me to him so I could lay on his chest. “Depends. You want the book or movie version?”

I whistled low, noticing that I’m not cold anymore. The heat is radiating from his body and it felt good on my skin. “Is it really that many?”

“Well, I exaggerate,” he nodded, caressing my cheek. A minute later I found him looking at me nervously. “Al-Alana?” he hesitated, “are you still mad?”

I blinked, realizing. Quickly, I yelped and yanked his hands away, making a distance by scooting away from him, “As a matter of fact, yes! I still am angry at you,”

Paul frowns, noticing my poker face, “I… I’m sorry.” He sighs when I looked away, “I, I thought that when you knew every—ok, maybe only some of it, but still those were the important parts… I, I thought you’d understand.”

“What is it that I know again?”

He took in a frustrated groan, “what is it that you know? The whole shape-shifting thing I just told you about!”

“Huh?” turning my head to him, I asked, “What the hell makes you think I’m angry about that?”

“W-well,” he stuttered, unsure of the situation, “You did freak out when I phased, so…”

I rolled my eyes, this guy has a lot to learn about women, “honey, if I told you I’m a freaking mermaid, how will you react?”

Paul laughed nervously, “Well, I’d say I’ll be really freaked out too, but… what’s a myth these days, huh?” he shook his head, “so… what is it that you’re angry about?”

Huffing, I gave him a death glare, “Uh huh, well, mind telling me what kind of a date runs off into the woods leaving the girl alone in the sidewalk? Not to mention that it was cold, dark, and mostly it could have been dangerous out there!” I pulled my hair, frustrated at his gaping expression, “an absolute loser, that’s what!”

Out of nowhere, he laughed. Loudly. Paul had found me rolling my eyes a hilarious joke to him, since now he’s laughing a lot louder at my reaction. “Seriously? That’s what you’re mad about?”

“Mad my foot!” I exhaled angrily, “I was furious! Hey, stop hugging me. I’m supposed to be angry at you still.”

Paul’s laughter quiets down, him still holding me in a tight hug, rocking me side to side, “Well then I’m sorry. That was stupid of me and I promise you not to do such things like that ever again,”

“Who says I’m giving you a second chance?”

“I am,” he kissed my cheek, “so, dinner tomorrow night?”

“HA!” I exclaimed, “You wish! Now kindly let go of me, please. The human needs oxygen.”

“But no, seriously though,” he seems amused, “you’re not angry for me being… what I am?”

“No Paul, I swear, I may have freaked out at first, but since you’ve explained it to me, it’s cool.” I gave him a smile, shrugging the cold shoulder off, “there is one thing I haven’t yet told you, though,”

“And what’s that?” he smiled back, scooting closer.

I leaned against his ear, “grey’s actually my favorite color”
♠ ♠ ♠
:D sorry for the long wait, folks! And you know what, I am actually sick right now, and am skipping school! :D :D that means I’m awesome and am having a major headache. *cough cough*

Thanks for those who commented! You guys absolutely made my days wonderful, and oh, I love you silent subscribers too ☺ hey, we’ve reached 10 stars, right? Woot woot!

Fingers crossed on me getting better, prepare for another chapter!

Adios!

And a happy new year!