Somewhere Out There

Back to Wonderland

After I got dressed in some jeans, knee high black boots, and a black Cobra Starship tank top, I headed back to Riley's room to make sure he was finding clothes and not just packing toys or something.

"Riley," I mentioned as I walked towards his room, "Riley, don't forget you do need some clothes as you stay with-- Riley?"

I walked towards the door to find that Riley's room was empty, no sign of him was no anywhere.

"Riley," My heart raced but I tried not to panic too quickly, "Riley, come on this isn't funny."

I looked around the room then the rest of the first floor but couldn't find Riley as my heart wouldn't stop racing now. I ran back down stairs as Hatter noticed me.

"What?"
"Is Riley down here?"
"No, why?" Hatter asked as I fidgeted.
"I can't find him anywhere."
"That's impossible," Hatter smiled as he turned off the burner, "He couldn't have gotten far."
"Hatter, I've got a bad feeling about this."
"Come on, let's check his room again," Hatter took my hand as I followed him up the stairs as we looked around the room, "Riley?"
"See," I caught my breath.
"Riley, come on, we've got to get going."
"Hatter."
"Ready to go guys?" We heard behind us as I turned to see Dutchess as she met my paniced eyes.
"Riley's missing."
"What?" She questioned as she looked at me.
"I told him to get some clothes for his "trip" but when I came to check on him he was missing."
"Don't panic," She looked around the room with us, "Maybe he's just playing a game."

As we searched his room, Dutchess came across a piece of paper on the nightstand that somehow me and Hatter missed.

"Alex," She read the paper as I looked at her, "Look at this."
"Wha?" I questioned as I took the paper, "It says: Give us the ring and we'll keep the boy safe."
"They have Riley," I mumbled as I looked at Hatter whose anger was starting to grow.
"Alex, I'm so sorry," Dutchess placed on a hand on my shoulder.
"No, this stops right now," I glared at her, "We need to find Jack and we need to find Riley."
"We'll get Riley first," Hatter looked at me.
"Hatter, I know he's our son but if Jack can get out of there before Riley does, he can help us get him quicker."
"Jack-"
"Hatter, I can't think of what'll happen to Riley if we don't save him. We need all the help we can get."
"I won't let anything happen to him," Hatter hugged me lightly as I nodded.

"Come on," Dutchess looked at the both of us, "We need to get going now."

A few minutes, we faced the looking glass again in which I used the ring to get us back in then we ended up in some castle room thing.

"Where are we?" I asked as I looked at the bare yet royal room.
"It's Jack's safe room," Dutchess walked to the dressar drawer to pull out a piece of paper, "No one knows about this place, it was where I was to bring Riley."
"You swear no one knows."
"No one," She handed me a piece of paper, "Jack wanted you to have this. It explains things."
"Why didn't you give it to me sooner?" I asked as Hatter walked up behind me.
"I was only here before I came to get you. I didn't know he wrote it."
"Did you read it?" I questioned her as I slowly opened the piece of paper.
"No," She shook her head.

Dear sister;
I know this isn't the right time or place.
I didn't want you to bring Riley back this way.
But things have changed.
Our uncle has taken control of Wonderland, taking our mother with him.
He revived Carpenter whom we thought was dead.
And now he's after Riley.
If he has taken him before you get here, I'm sorry.
I'm making my escape from him.
You'll know where I'll be, just remember.
Jack.


"What?" Hatter asked as I looked around the room at them.
"I know where Jack is," I mentioned as I folded up the piece of paper.
"What about Riley?" Hatter looked at me as my heart stopped.
"He knows," I nodded, "Jack knows where he's at."
"Great, then why don't we just go find him."
"Because I don't know where Riley is," I shot a glance at Hatter, "And I'd rather not just barge into some place where my supposed uncle and you know the story with my mom, without someone who knows something."
"She's got a point," Dutchess jumped in as Hatter put a hand up to silence her.
"I trusted you when I was thrown into this world, this time you've got to trust me. Please," I looked into his eyes as I seen tears but he nodded.
"I trust you."
"We can't just give them the ring," I looked at him, "Then they'll have no reason to keep him alive or even letting us see him again."
"Do you have a plan?" Hatter asked as I shook my head.
"No, but Jack does."
"Can we trust him?" Hatter questioned as I nodded.
"What reason do we not?"
"How could he just give up the throne that easily?"
"It's not that simple," Dutchess jumped in as we both looked at her, "They overtook him, formed an army, Jack sent me to find you. I thought he was caught but he's smarter than them."
"Mutiny," I smirked sarcastically, "Not just for pirates anymore."