Status: Complete.

Seasons Change

XII

(Winter.)

Four hours. That’s all I got.

Four hours and Daily started to groan again. “I think this is it.” he whimpered.

I nodded and Alex left to find the doctor. They came back in a few moments later.

“Have you all said goodbye?” he asked.

We all nodded.

The doctor looked at Daily and held un a needle. He walked to the IV drip and started talking “Ok. I’m going to put this in the IV. This will stop the pain and you can go peacefully. Is that ok?”

Daily nodded and the doc put the clear serum in the IV.

“We love you Daily. Say hello to your grandparents.” I whispered. He once again nodded.

A small smile adorned his features. And a small cry erupted from Jordan who clung to Daily now.

Jordan leaned up and gave Daily the sweetest loving kiss a 10 year old mind could comprehend in a situation like this. And I knew that if Daily were to live to see his teens they would be together for the long haul.

Daily smiled wide. “I love you Jordan”

Jordan whimpered “I love you too.”

Daily laid back smiling as his eyes slowly slipped closed.

The heart monitor slowly slipped to a constant whine.

Alex cradled my almost limp body. His tears collided with mine and slipped down our faces.

“Time of Death. 11:02 P.M.”

***

(Alex.)

The funeral was three days later Winter got the plot right next to his mother. His father was on the other side of his mother. I hoped that they would keep him safe up there.

Both of our families were there. Some of our friends. And even some of Daily’s friends, including Jordan who was on my hip in between Winter and I. I think Jordan really did love Daily. Even though they were young, I could just tell.

The day came and went just like any other would except for the fact that our son wasn’t there to tuck in and say goodnight to. When we left the cemetery, Friends and family came to visit us and bid us there condolences.

I soon had to make them leave because I just couldn’t handle the people. Winter was hardly there. In spirit that is. He didn’t speak but to his grandmother or I or Jordan. This would be hard on both of us and I knew it, but we had to cope. We had to stick together. I don’t even want to think about how disappointed Daily would be if we let this break us apart. Ourselves or each other as a couple.

That night I led Winter to Daily’s room and we sat on the bed, not speaking. Winter leaned on me and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

The silence last for awhile until Winter broke it. “You won’t leave me right?”

“Absolutely not”

“I love you Alex.”

“I love you too baby. I love you too.”

I sat back into a laying position , pulling him with me.

“We’ll make it. I promise.” I said.

He nodded.

We fell asleep with the last piece of our baby that night.

Daily is still part of me to this day. I’ll never forget him.

I’ll always love him and Winter. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shitty ending.
I'm thinking about making a sequel.
Jordan's POV?
Comment your thoughts.