Status: Complete.

Seasons Change

II

(Winter.)

“Grams. I can’t.” we were sitting at the kitchen table in my grandmother’s home.

“Yes you can. Daily keeps talking about how he wants to spend some time at Jordan’s house. And Alex is a big boy. He can take care of himself. Please. I just want to spend some time with you. It’s only a week.”

Grams wanted me and Summer to go to Maui with her for a whole week.

“Look. I’ll think about it. I’ll have a talk with Alex.”

“You know he’ll say yes. He always sides with me.” she huffed.

“Yea cause you scare him.”

“Whatever. Just go. And you better come back with a yes mister.”

I rolled my eyes and left for home.

***

“Honey I’m home!” I yelled as I stepped in the door.

I got knocked over as Alex ran into me.

“Hi sweetie. I missed you.” Alex kissed me and helped my off the ground.

“Hey so grams wants me to spend the week with her. Just me, her, and summer.” he nodded. “Why are you nodding? You’re supposed to say no.”

“Honey. Grams just needs someone to hang with her. I mean the last five years we’ve been so busy with each other that we hardly ever see each other anymore. Plus seventeen years was taken from her time with you and Sum. She just needs someone after your grandfather passed. Just go it’ll be over before you know it.”

“Yea I guess you’re right.”

“No. I know I am.”

“Oh hey did you hear that Sum and Abby are back together?”

“Again? Jesus. They need to hang it up already.”

Abby and Summer had been off and on more than Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson. Eww…

“Yea I know. But 20 bucks says they’ll break up right after we get back from this trip.”

“Yea.” Alex scoffed.

“Hey Maybe Daily could spend the week at Jordan’s and you could go off and do…well whatever you want. Be a teenager again.”

“I’m 24. I don’t need to be a teen again.” I sighed.

“Ok well do whatever then.”

“Yea. Sounds like a plan. Shall we inform Daily now?”

“Sure sure.”

“DAILY!”

Daily came running into the living room full speed.

“Yes?” he asked as he sat on the loveseat.

“How would you like to spend the week with Jordan?”

His face visibly brightened.

“YES!”

“Ok well I’m going to spend some time with Grams and Alex is going to be with some friends and we figured that you’d want to hang with Jordan.”

“Oh sweet. I’m gonna call him.”

This week should be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
......