Status: Complete.

Seasons Change

IV

(Winter.)

“Winny! Come on. You’re being such a party pooper. Look I know you miss Alex, I miss Abby too, but you gotta have a little bit of fun.” summer said as she dragged me, kicking and screaming, to the beach.

“NO! I can’t have fun without him.”

“Get over it,”

***

After a few hours Grams decided to take Summer and I out to dinner.

It was quite beautiful, but not as beautiful as a sleeping Alex. Or Daily.

It was a quiet beachside restaurant.

The waiter approached the table.

“Winter?” I looked up and saw Gage.

“Gage? What are you doing here?”

“I live here now. Moved right after graduation. What about you?”

“Vacation.”

“Wow you actually left Alex’s side long enough to go on vacation?”

“Yeah.” Gage was a little upset when I told him Alex and I were together. We really weren’t friends after that.

“So can I get you something to drink?”

This is gonna be a long night.

***

“So did you actually have fun today? Even a little bit?” Summer asked as we lay in our beds.

“Umm…yea. I guess.”

“Well hey. Only two more days.”

Thank God.

***

(Alex.)

Oh God. I can’t believe I did it. The next morning I woke up naked with a pounding headache and a stripper in bed next to me.

“What the f*ck?!”

“Good morning Alex. Last night was fun.”

“What exactly happened last night?”

“Umm…we had sex. Duh! What, can you not remember?”

“NO! OH MY GOD!! Get out!” I scrambled out of bed and threw her clothes at her.

“Whatever. You’ll come crawling back. You know where to find me.” with a wink she left my room.

‘oh god. What am I gonna tell Winter? He’s gonna hate me. But I know that he’ll be less mad if I just say it instead of lying.’

I had to do it. Just tell him. As soon as he gets home. That’s the shittiest welcome home I’ve ever heard of.

“Alex. Who the hell was that chick leaving your room? What-Are you crying?”

By this time I was slumped against the side of my bed bawling my eyes out.

“I-I cheated. Oh God I cheated on Winter.”

“Hey. Shh…tell me what happened.” she sat next to me and rocked my body back and forth.

“Last night at the club. She w-was the stripper giving me a lap dance and she came on to me, b-but I told her I have a boyfriend. Sh-She got mad and walked away. And I got the d-drink. After that I don’t re-remember anything. Something m-mu-must have happened cause we both woke up naked in my bed. Winter is gonna hate me!”

“Well it sounds like she drugged you. Winter will understand.” she cooed.

“Yea right. He’s gonna break up with me. What am I gonna do? I can’t live without him!”

“Tell him that. Tell him exactly what you’re telling me. If he doesn’t understand then it’s his loss.”

“Yea maybe.”

“Well I’ll leave you to think about it.” she kissed my forehead and left me to my misery.