Status: Complete.

Seasons Change

IX

(Winter.)

The doctor gave us an estimated time for when we should expect Daily to get “worse”.

3 months and 1 week. That was it.

“Ok Daily. How about we go to…Disney World.”

“Sure thing. Can Jordan come?” I smiled and nodded. Jordan was there every step of the way.

We decided to go to Florida and spend a week there.

Jordan was the best friend Daily could have had.

***

“OK guys. What next?” I asked Daily and Jordan.

“Tunnel of Love.” Daily suggested.

Alex and I exchanged glances.

“O…kay?” I stumbled.

“Come on Jordan,” Daily dragged Jordan by the wrist to the tunnel of love.

Alex leaned towards me and whispered. “Why do they want to go on the tunnel of love?” he wagged his eyebrows.

“Alex. They’re only ten years old.” I stated as we followed them.

“So?”

“Just…leave them alone. They’ve been friends most of their lives. It’s gonna be hard once Daily’s gone.” I felt my eyes brimming.

“Hey. Don’t do that. Think happy thoughts.” he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

I smiled and nodded.

***

“Ok guys. What do you want to eat?”

“BURGER KING!” Alex, Daily and Jordan yell.

“Burger King it is.” I state.

***

The line was really long. And it was hot. Ohio heat is nothing compared to Florida heat.

The children, including Alex, were starting to get antsy. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Daily start to sway unevenly. He was sweating profusely and his eyes were completely unfocused.

“Daily? You ok?” I asked.

He nodded his head with a little “Mhmm”

He was acting really strange.

The line finally got to us and we ordered before taking a seat by the window.

"This week was so much fun. Thank you for bringing me along.” Jordan said.

“No problemo kid.” Alex said and ruffled Jordan’s hair.

Looked to Daily noticed his has was getting a little green.

“Daily you ok, hun? You really don’t look so good.” I said as I felt Daily’s forehead.

He was very feverish but his skin was clammy and moist.

“No. My tummy hurts.” he whined.

“Ok. Well I think maybe it’s time to go home guys. It’s getting a little late.” I suggested.

“Yea yea.” Alex agreed.

Alex decided to give Daily a piggy back ride seeing as how we didn’t think Daily had the strength to walk. I hoisted Jordan up my back as he giggle mad and we went on our way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Daily's getting sick. *pout*