Sleigh Bells Ring, Are You Listenin'?

Snow Is Glistenin'

Wynter sat in Borders, waiting for Ava. She pulled her gaze from the book she held in her hands to look outside. The soft snow fell from the sky in small flakes. Wynter smiled, returning her focus on her reading. Taking a sip from her chai tea, she shuddered from the cold let in by the door. She looked up, seeing Ava's smiling face.

"Hey, Ava. Good job being late." Wynter laughed quietly and pulled out the chair for her girlfriend.

"Oh, hush. It's not my fault it takes me about an hour to get here without traffic." She grabbed the chai tea from the table and took a long sip. "So, what are you reading?" Ava leaned over towards Wynter to try and read a portion of the text.

"Just a book on publishing. I think I finally want to send in a few poems to publishers." Wynter closed the book and turned to Ava. She placed her hand on Ava's leg and leaned forward, kissing her delicate lips.

"Thanks for that. I was hoping you'd finally give me a kiss. I mean, it's Christmas Eve, for goodness sakes. I was getting worried there!" Ava laughed quietly and looked out the window. "The snow looks so soft. Hurry up and finish your drink. I want to go for a walk."

Wynter groaned. "A walk? Are you serious, Ava? It's like, 10 degrees out!" She looked over at Ava, who was flashing her best smile.

"Oh, quit being such a party pooper. It'll be fun, I promise." She kissed Wynter's cheek gently before taking a long chug of the now room temperature tea. "Here, I left you a drop. Now, go put that book back while I look for a Fangoria magazine."

Wynter rolled her eyes. "Her and her gory magazines," she thought to herself. She trudged down the aisles until she found the publishing section. Slipping the book back in its place, she walked back over to the magazine section to see Ava devouring an article about Halloween 2. Wynter grabbed her arm and tugged. "Come on, Ava. You're the one that wants to go on a walk. Let's go!"

"Okay, okay! Hold your hors-...I mean. Hold on. Let me just put the magazine back.'" Ava blushed, putting the Fangoria magazine back, before skipping over to Wynter.

"So, where are we going, Ava?" Wynter slipped on her black beanie before lacing her fingers with Ava's.

Ava smirked, squeezing Wynter's hand. "Oh, you'll see soon." She pulled Wynter farther down the road and took a left, beginning to walk on an old deserted road.

Wynter stopped in her tracks. "Wait; you aren't taking me to some creepy old house with dead things everywhere, are you?"

Ava fell down in the middle of the road, laughing hysterically. "Holy shit, Wynter! You make me sound like a serial killer!"

"Well, I don't know! You're always reading the Fangoria magazines, so Buddha only knows what you're going to do!" Wynter cracked a smile, before helping Ava off of the snow covered road. "Look, now you're all covered in white stuff. Good job, babe."

Ava winked and gave Wynter a seductive smile. Wynter gasped and smacked Ava's arm. "You, Ava, are a disgusting person! Now, hurry up and show me what you have to. I'm cold." Wynter frowned and continued to follow Ava down the road.

"We're almost there," Ava said quietly. She reached back to grab Wynter's hand and pull her close.

Within 5 minutes, the road opened up into a culdesac, revealing a festive sleigh, with a large white horse hooked up to it. Wynter gasped and her eyes began to water.

"Oh, Ava. Is this for me?"

"Of course, babe. Merry Christmas." Ava kissed her girlfriend's cheek gently as she lead her over. Helping Wynter into the sleigh, she noticed tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey. What are you crying about?"

Wynter sniffled and wiped away the tears. "I just never knew I could find someone as sweet as you. Someone who would do such a nice thing for me." She sat down and scooted over to make room for Ava.

Ava sat down next to Wynter and curled her arm around Wynter's shoulders. She pulled her close and rested her head on top of her girlfriend's.

"I love you, Wynter," she whispered quietly. Wynter snuggled closer to Ava and smiled.

"I love you, too, Ava."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it :]

xxTamsin