Status: In memory of James Owen Sullivan, RIP. Finished.

She Lives in a Fairytale

This Animal I Have Become

Finally I had lost the two in my desperate chase. I huffed and crossed my arms, thinking of what to do. I shrugged and just continued in the direction I was heading, just walking now. Suddenly I stumbled into a small pond. The same one as before I realized with amazement. I quickly found the patch of grass Johnny and I sat in before dashing that way.

“No way! I can’t believe it. I have to bury Lilly!” I vowed to myself. Soon I was in the backyard of what was my home for only two days. I slowly walked up the backdoor. I opened it to see everything still the same, including Lilly’s dead body on the floor. I took a deep breath before putting her head back to how it should be and closing her eyes.

“I’m sorry Lilly,” I whispered. I went to the basement where I knew a shovel was. I came back up and didn’t look at my sister’s corpse. I went straight back outside and began to dig a hole. After who knows how long, the hole was finally big enough. I went inside and picked her up with strength I didn’t know I had. I carefully placed her in before covering her body with dirt. Once done, I walked inside the house again.

“I need out of these clothes,” I muttered. I walked into my old room. My anger flared as I looked at it. Everything was tossed around, boxes ripped apart. Some of my clothes were shredded along with my mattress. Whatever they thought they were doing is crossing the line. I tossed off Johnny’s clothes and my shoes. I yanked on black capris, my low top converse, a purple v-neck, and some black and purple striped fingerless gloves. Suddenly it clicked to me that they had gone into the attic.

“Oh hell no!” I slammed the cord down so fast that a huge bang echoed through the house. I ran up the steps and quickly turned on the light. The things under the sheets had been smashed to pieces and scattered across the small room. I whipped around and saw all the old books ripped apart. My heart stopped as I saw the remains of what looked like Charlie squished to death. I let out a scream that sounded like a wolf howling. Suddenly I could feel a burning in my stomach and extending throughout my body.

|| Johnny’s P.O.V. ||

“What do you mean you can’t find her?!” I heard Zacky scream. I ran into the kitchen where Zacky was yelling at Jimmy and Brian. They both looked like two ten years olds caught stealing cookies behind their mother’s backs. Suddenly something clicked in my head. No Shiloh.

“Where’s Shiloh?” I asked quickly. All three of them looked over. Jimmy and Brian both looked down.

“These two idiots lost her!” Zacky exclaimed. My eyes widened before narrowing into a glare at the two.

“What were you thinking?!”

“Hey! It was his fault! He told me to run faster,” Jimmy defended, pointing at Brian.

“Hey now! You were the one encouraging it!” Brian argued.

“I don’t care! Have you tried to find her mentally?” Zacky asked Brian. He shut his eyes as we all anxiously waited. His eyes snapped open with disbelief on his face.

“No.”

“What do you mean no?!” Zacky, Jimmy, and I exploded in unison.

“I mean I can’t find her. Anywhere. So unless she disappeared off the face of the Earth, I can’t find her.”

“But there has to be some way that’s wrong,” I cried.

“The only other way is if you are also telepathic. They can block out other people. Besides that, it’s only animals I can’t read,” Brian replied. Suddenly a howl was heard throughout the house. Zacky cursed and sent one last glare at the two.

“You are so dead when I get back. Johnny! You come with me, now!” I quickly followed him out the backdoor and into the forest. “Is there anywhere she would go?”

“My only ideas would be that pond or her old home.” Another howl made my head twitch to the left. “And by that howl I would think she won’t be that way.”

“Let’s go,” Zacky interrupted, going straight to the left. My mouth fell open, but I followed him either way. After a few moments we came to a halt in the backyard of the very familiar house. Looks quite different when I wasn’t a wolf. I noticed a big patch of freshly moved dirt. I heard a smash and defensively stiffened.

“Why are we going here?” I whispered as Zacky and I tip toed to the door. Zacky pushed it open to reveal light streaming in through the windows of the kitchen. Zacky didn’t reply and hurried through the kitchen to the main hall. Another thud, upstairs. I could actually feel my skin crawl at the idea of what could be waiting for us. Zacky, however, made no sign of any worry if he had any ounce of it. As soon as we reached the top stair I saw movement in Shiloh’s room.

Zacky slowly pushed open the door, taking a step back. The sight shocked me. The boxes and mattress were torn and ripped apart. The stairs to the attic were broken on every other step. Pillow stuffing, shredded blankets, and glass was all over the room. It looked as if everything possible in the room came alive and started a war. In the center was a reddish blond colored wolf. It’s eyes flickered to us and snarled angrily.

“Zacky! What are you doing?!” I hissed as he slowly approached the wolf. It continued to snarl, snapping at him with it’s sharp teeth. Zacky still walked until it was just out of arm’s reach.

“Shiloh, it’s me. Calm down Shy. We’re friends,” Zacky cooed. The wolf showed it’s teeth menacingly, eyes flaming with anger.

“Shiloh?” I whispered in disbelief. It’s eyes flickered to me, it’s snarls lessening a tiny bit. Suddenly I saw it’s eyes change from their gold to blue before it was back to gold. “It is Shiloh. How?”

“Calm first, explanation later.” Zacky didn’t even spare me a glance. He tried to take a step but Shiloh snarled and bit at his extended hand. I took a step and her eyes flicked to me. I took two more to where my hand was hovering right in front of her nose. To my amazement her snarls and growls stopped. She simply sniffed my hand and looked at my eyes.

“Tell her to change back,” Zacky whispered. I peeked to my right to see him kneeling a few feet away.

“How do I do that?”

“Talk her through it. Tell her how you first changed back when you transformed. Explain to her how to do it,” Zacky replied quietly. I thought about it before finally looking into Shiloh’s eyes.

“Shiloh, I need you to relax. Completely, no stiffen muscles or thinking.” I could see Shiloh physically relax all over. “Good. Now I want you to picture yourself in your favorite memories, the ones that you were the happiest in. Family, friends, crazy party, concert, anything. Just let it consume you, I know you can do it.”

Shiloh blinked, her eyes slowly turning back to blue. A bright light made me look away. By the time I looked back Shiloh was human again, dressed in a new wardrobe. I quickly caught her before she fell to the ground. I laid her head in my lap as she quickly passed out. I brushed her hair off her forehead and watched as her chest rose and fell. Looking closer, I notice dirt all over her arms, hands, and face. No doubt from digging that hole. What made me feel sick was the blood over her arms and hands too. Had to of been from touching her own sister.

“What happened Zacky?” I demanded as he walked around the room.

“Damn. I remember this room. I can’t believe they did this. My attic is ruined,” he muttered to himself.

“Zacky!” He quickly looked over and his eyes softened at my face. He sighed before plopping down in the middle of the room. He watch Shiloh for a second before looking at me again.

“Shiloh is of the prophecy as we’ve known. She is the only one of her species that has an amazing power. Any mutant she comes into contact with she can use their powers. She might not know them yet but she does have them. The only people who knew were me and Nixon. Me because I researched this and Nixon I guess just has his ways. That’s why he wants her so much, that’s why we must protect her. If she were to fall under his trickery and he had control over her, it would be catastrophic,” Zacky explained.

“How could that much power be in one young girl?” I asked in wonder.

“I don’t know. But she’s in our care now. I just hope we’re what’s best.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! This was just a really big explanation chapter. (:
There's still a few tricks up my sleeve,
just wait patiently.
So comment please<3

I have big news;
Due to financial problems, my sister and her fiance will be moving in for a little less than a month. Because we only have one good working computer, four of us will have to us one computer. I don't know how much I'll be able to be on so I'm not sure how fast updates will come. I'll get them out as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding<3
Xoxo,
Tina.