"I love you, Adrienne..." "I love you too, Mike"

The burning house, and the kiss.

Later that day...

I was driving to Tre's because I wanted to thank him for giving me the opportunity to talk to Adie.

When I got right in front of his house, I saw firemen running in every direction in Tre's driveway. I stopped the engine and walked out, looking at the horrible sight that was in front of my eyes.

The first thing I saw, was Tre, on his knees, silently crying his heart out.

"Oh my God, Tre!" I shouted, throwing myself next to him.
"What the fuck happened, mate?"
No reply. He was just crying.
I looked up at the burning house. No way, this couldn't be happening. His drum sets... gone. Five drum sets were burning. Just the one in the studio was left.
And then there were also...
"Hey man, where are Claudia and Frankito?"
He looked up at me with red puffy eyes, raising his shaking hand, pointing at the house.
"... Are you serious?"

As to answer me, we heard a high scream. It was a kid's voice. Frankito's.
I stood up and ran towards the front door.
"Frankito!"
"Stay right where you are!"
I heard Claudia's voice coming from who knows where.
"Claudia! Where the fuck are you?"
"I'm right behind the front door! I can't open it!"
"Watch out, I'm coming!"
"NO!" This time was Tre.
"What the... "
"You can't do it."
He was crying but his voice was firm. "She can't move from there, if you're gonna smash the door you'll probably kill her."
"She's gonna die anyway if no one helps her."
"Look."

Two firemen were trying to open the door. But they couldn't. after 30 seconds or so, the door collapsed when the unconscious Claudia, falling, hit it. Tre went pale. He fell on his knees again. He couldn't even cry, he was petrified. I felt him shaking next to me, when Claudia slowly opened her eyes.
"Tre... " she said softly.
The firemen brought her next to him, before bringing her in the ambulance.
"Claudia! Tell me she's not gonna die," he asked a doctor, "tell me she's gonna be alright, please".
"We don't know, I'm sorry sir."
"Tre... I... " Claudia spoke, in low voice. Her body was covered in burns, bruises, cuts and she had inhaled a lot of smoke. She was in a really bad state.
"Claudia, don't leave me." Begged Tre.
"I won't... I love you, Tre... even if... even... if we... divorced... I... still love... you." and her eyes closed.
"NOOOOOOO!!!" Tre's scream reached the sky.
The doctors took her out of his arms.
"Tell me she's not dead, please, tell me she's not dead!" He asked between tears.
The doctors checked her vital signs. "No sir, she's not dead, but I'm afraid she's in a coma."
"Thank God," I said to myself. Tre didn't seem able to stop crying.
A firemen came to us with something in his arms.
"Frankito... " I whispered.
"We found him in the swimming pool," a fireman said, "he threw himself there from the window on second floor."
"He's alive, isn't he?" I asked, almost hoped. It seemed Tre had lost his voice.
"Yes, but he needs to be taken at the hospital."

A month later

Frankito was doing great, the only thing was that he had a broken wrist, a broken leg and a scar on his left shoulder.

Claudia was still in a coma and Tre went to visit her everyday. He moved in with Mike, since the house was being rebuild. He bought a couple of drum sets, too. Mike and Adie didn't have the chance to talk, 'cause Billie was always with her and Tre always with Mike.

But one day...

- MIKE'S P.O.V. -

Tre was asleep on the chair next to Claudia's bed and I was standing in front of the window. I was looking at the rain outside. It had been raining a lot for the last few days, but it seemed it was going to stop soon. Right then I heard the door opened.
"Hey Mike," I heard Billie Joe saying.
"Hey mate, how's it going?" I asked.
"Quite good, thanks. What about you?"
"Same here."
"She hasn't moved yet, has she?" he asked looking at Claudia.
"You're right. And Tre is really depressed.”

Right then the door opened again and the most beautiful creature stepped in. Her amazing tied up hair were a bit messy, her deep eyes took a look around the room and spotted Billie Joe. She walked towards him, though she looked like she was flying, to me. Her smooth lips met Billie's cheek. My insides were clenching, it seemed like they have been removed from there. Oh, how I wanted to be Billie's cheek. Then the angel say me, and I heard her wonderful voice saying "Hello."
Tre woke up and saw her and Bill.
"Hey Bill, hey Adie."
"Hey dude, you ok?" asked Billie.
"Yeah, I think so. I just need a coffee," he answered.
Adie said "There's a new bar downstairs. I've just drank my coffee there, it's quite good."
"Great," said Billie Joe, "come on, then, Tre, I'll pay you one."
"Thanks Billie, let's go."
"Mike, you wanna come with us?" Billie asked me.
"No thank you, I drank it half an hour ago."
"Weird, Mike Dirnt says no to a coffee. Bill, write it down on today's date, this is gonna go into History books.

The angel laughed, as well as everyone else.
"We'll be back in about... an hour?" Billie looked at Tre, who nodded.
"See you later guys."
"Bye," they answered, and they went out.

I walked over to the window again, thinking. We hadn't been alone for a whole fucking month and now...

"Mike... " Adie called me, as thought she knew what I was thinking.
I turned around and she was standing right in front of me. We hadn't been so close in years, apart from that night, a month before.
We just stared at each other for ages, we weren't even talking, it was enough for me just being with her, watching every little detail of her face.
We hugged tight and stayed there for ages. When I looked in her eyes again I could see a spark. This time no one was gonna stop us.

We leaned in, closer and closer. Seconds were passing by slowly and every inch, every breath we took made my heart beat faster every time. I slowly put my arm around her and with a hand I moved her hair out of her face. I smiled as she closed her eyes while putting her hand behind my neck and hugged me. After a long minute, finally her soft lips met mine, and finally, after 13 damn long years, I felt complete.

Anastasia wasn't the same. Yes, she made me happy but it was nothing compared to Adie. We were about to deepen the kiss when we heard a voice behind us.

"Ahem."
We jumped and turned around, afraid of who could have stepped in.