‹ Prequel: Random Thoughts
Sequel: Adjustments

Obsticles

Aaron Johnson

The pictures explained everything, the living room of the victim’s house was covered in blood and writing on the wall with the blood of the victim.

“Where is Emily Grissom?” the wall read, Emily was shocked and scared as she read the comment, she knew who it was. She knew who was looking for you.

Emily looked at Brass, then at Grissom who was concerned as a tear fell from her eye, she looked at Grissom and sighed. “Can you give us a minute, dad?” she asked.

Grissom sighed as he looked at Emily while painfully getting up from his chair and walking out into the hallway Brass sat across from Emily and sighed.

“You wanna tell ME what’s going on?” he asked.

Emily nodded slowly “There’s this guy at school, madly in love with me…stalks me. Dad doesn’t know about it.” she said.

Brass nodded “Okay…” he said.

“…he found out and me and Greg…” Emily muttered, looking down at the table while Brass’s eyes widened, he turned to Grissom, then back to Emily.

Brass cleared his throat “You and Greg?” he asked.

Emily nodded “Please don’t tell my dad…” she begged in a low mutter, looking down at the table again.

“Okay, so he found out and you and Greg…and then,” Brass said.

Emily sighed “He went crazy, he was mad because ‘I was his’…and I put a restraining order on him…but that just made it worse.” she said.

Brass nodded “What’s his name?” he asked.

“Aaron Johnson…” Emily said.

The name echoed in the room almost, Brass stood up from his chair and walked out of the interrogation room with Grissom following him, Brass turned to the closest officer and pointed at him.

“I want you to watch her at all times!” Brass told the officer, walking with Grissom.

Grissom looked at Brass “So?” he asked.

Brass looked at Grissom, not sure what to tell Grissom since a lot of secrets had been spilled out of Emily.

“Some stalker boyfriend-wannabe, she put a restraining order on him but she said it just made his aggression towards her worse.” Brass said, walking into the lab where Archie, the new guy, was sitting.

Archie looked at Grissom and smiled “What can I do for you guys today?” he asked.

Brass smirked “Look up Aaron Johnson…tell us what you find.” he said.

Archie nodded as he looked up the name, but he shook his head in disappointed “Nothing…” he said.

Grissom sighed heavily, fearing for Emily that Aaron Johnson might actually get a hold of her before they found him.

“Call Warrick, I want Emily with somebody she can trust, somebody who knows her well enough to read her.” Grissom said, walking out of the lab and towards the interrogation room where Emily sat with the cop.

Emily bit her nails as Grissom sat next to her, his expression blank as he looked at his daughter.

“I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want you to worry.” Emily said, trying to avoid his glance.

Grissom sighed as he took her hand “I worry about you every moment, of every day…don’t ever think I can’t handle it.” he told her, looking at Emily.

Emily nodded as she tried to calm herself down, she opened her mouth to say something when Grissom’s phone went off. They both sighed as Grissom grabbed his cell phone and answered it, by the look on his face it was bad news.

“Right, okay…” Grissom said before hanging up the phone and looking at Emily. “…he barged into another house…they’re going to see if maybe he’s still there.” he said, getting up from his seat.

Grissom sighed “Warrick will be here in a few minutes, so just sit tight for now. I’ll be back soon.” he said before walking out of the room.

Emily sat at the chair, the officer watching her closely as she got up slowly from the chair, the officer walked up to her “…ma’am?” he asked.

“…I’m going to the bathroom, and then I’m going to get a coke…” Emily said, walking out of the interrogation room and into the bathroom.

Emily looked herself in the mirror closely, she looked tired and worn out while looking desperate for a solution of calmness when there came a knock at the door.

“Emily?” she heard a voice ask, it was Warrick.

Emily sighed as she opened the door and smiled at Warrick, who looked at her sympathetically “You look so tired, doll…” he said.

Warrick pulled her in for a hug as Emily slowly fell asleep on him, Warrick cleared his throat to wake up her, Emily flinched as Warrick looked at his watch, it was almost midnight.

Emily could never really stay up past midnight, it just wasn’t her thing.

“I feel terrible, I didn’t know this was going to get out of hand.” Emily said as she walked back to the interrogation room, Warrick followed closely.

Warrick nodded “Well, I’m here…I’m gonna go get you some coffee, and maybe something to eat, okay?” he said, walking out of the room.

Emily sighed as she sat at the table again, bored as hell as she tried not to pass out on the table. She opened her eyes wide and saw Detective Cavaliere standing in front of her.

“…you look like you could use a drink.” he told her, smirking as he did.

Emily didn’t like him, she wanted to pounce on him like a Tiger and eat his heart out that was how much she hated him.

“You have a reason to be here?” she asked, using her snarky tone even if she was tired.

Cavaliere shook his head at Emily “Just making sure to see if you were okay…” he said.

Emily rolled her eyes as she got up from her seat and walked out of the room “We both know that’s a lie…we hate each other with a passion, just ask my father.” she said, walking down the hallway.

“You know, Emily…I wouldn’t be on such a high horse. Anybody can tell your daddy about your beloved Greg.” Cavaliere said, thinking he had won the battle.

Emily stopped and turned towards the detective, she had pissed him off and she had a sudden burst of energy as she flew towards him, grabbed him by the neck, and pushed him into the closest wall, putting a dent in it.

Cavaliere was surprised as Emily looked him dead in the eye “…who do you think you are?” she asked.

Warrick ran towards Emily with the cops getting to the both of them and pulling Emily off of Cavaliere who was still surprised.

“EMILY!” Warrick yelled, yanking Emily away from the cops “What the hell are you doing!?” he asked, tugging her towards the interrogation room. Emily looked at Cavaliere intensely like a Lion hunting prey, the detective was scared, and he learned his lesson well.