‹ Prequel: Random Thoughts
Sequel: Adjustments

Obsticles

Show-Down

“Put that monster on a leash, Grissom!” Detective Cavaliere said, Grissom had walked into the interrogation room where Warrick and Emily just glared at each other.

Grissom looked at Emily, this had to be one of the worst days of her life, and Grissom couldn’t give her any good news.

Mr. Johnson had left the house soon after Brass and Grissom got there, the homeowners were not home but the house was trashed.

Emily sipped on her coffee while Warrick looked at Grissom and sighed “Anything?” he asked.

Grissom shook his head “No…we can’t find him. Does anybody want to explain to me why there’s a big dent in the wall?” he asked.

Warrick looked at Emily, who looked down at the table.

“…what happened this time?” Grissom asked, walking to the table and sat down next to Emily as she shrugged her shoulders.

“We just…had a few words.” Emily said, looking at Grissom.

Warrick’s cell phone went off, he cleared his throat as he answered it “Hello?...Greg, what are you--? She’s fine…of course I’m sure, I’m looking right at her! She’s not in the mood to…yeah, bye.” Warrick looked at Emily smiled “…Greggo says ‘hi’…” he muttered.

Grissom looked at Warrick confused “…how’d he find out? He’s in California!” he said.

“Nick, probably…” Warrick said, looking at Emily as she began to yawn “…coffee wearing off?” he asked.

Emily nodded as she looked at Grissom “I’m tired…I just wanna go home.” she told him, Grissom smiled as he held Emily closely.

“I know…but we can’t leave just yet.” Grissom told her, looking at Warrick who sighed as he sipped on his coffee.

Emily sighed “I’m going to the bathroom…” getting up from the table and walking out of the room.

Grissom sighed as he looked down at Emily’s bag and sighed “Maybe I should get her some clean clothes…” he said, reaching for her bag.

Warrick sighed “…What a way to end her college career, getting stalked by some nut.” he said, watching Grissom unzip Emily’s bag and notice the letter.

Grissom pulled the letter out of the bag and unfolded it, reading it closely.

Emily walked into the lobby, it was freezing out there which was why she had wished she just stayed in the interrogation room.

“Is Emily Grissom here?” she heard somebody ask, Emily turned to the receptionist and gasped, it was Aaron.

Emily turned around and walked into the ladies bathroom where she locked the door and thought for a moment.

Her thoughts had been scrambled with screams and officers yelling ‘FREEZE!’, Emily walked away from the door, and sat on the floor.

Grissom heard the voices and yells, he put the letter down and walked out to the lobby where officers where having a stand-off with a young man, hands with blood on them.

“I just want to see Emily…” the young man said, Warrick pulled his gun and backed up Grissom as he walked towards the stand off.

Catherine had her gun as did Brass. Harvey, the new lab tech, was hiding behind a table while watching the whole thing.

“You can’t see Emily, Aaron…you’re scaring her. You don’t wanna scare her, do you?” Brass asked Aaron.

Aaron turned to Grissom, he smirked as he pointed at him “I want to see your daughter, Mr. Grissom…tell Warrick to put the gun down.” Aaron said.

Warrick was surprised, how’d he know who he was? Warrick didn’t put the gun down, he got it ready to shoot as Aaron sighed “…fine then.” he said, pulling out his own gun and shot at the officer in front of him.

Brass and Catherine took Aaron down in a rush, they couldn’t believe just how easy it was. Grissom helped up the officer who had been shot, but he had a bullet proof vest.

Sara walked out from the back of the lab “What’s going on?” she asked, watching the college student get arrested and carried to a room.

Grissom looked around the room and couldn’t find Emily “…where’s Emily?” he asked everybody.

Warrick walked towards the bathroom and knocked on the door “Emily, honey…it’s over with. You can unlock the door now.” he told her, but he didn’t hear anything and Emily didn’t make a noise.

Sara sighed as she knocked on the door “Emily, c’mon honey…we’re gonna get you out of here.” she said.

Emily slowly unlocked the door, tears streaming down her face as Warrick took her hand and walked her out of the bathroom. Sara held onto Emily tightly as she turned to Warrick “Go get her bag…” she told him.

Grissom walked up to Emily and hugged her tightly “You okay?” he asked.

Emily nodded, wiping away tears while Brass came up behind them “…Sara, go and take Emily to your place. Don’t take her home just yet…” he said, walking away from them.

Sara smiled “Alright…girls night!” Sara said, trying to cheer up Emily who didn’t even let a smile break from her lips.

“I just wanna go to bed.” Emily said, looking at Grissom who stroked her cheek, Sara sighed as Warrick showed up with the bag and the letter that Grissom had pulled out to read.

Emily took the bag and looked at Warrick “Thank you…” she whispered.

Warrick smiled “I’m a call away if you need anything, okay?” he said, hugging Emily tightly as she hugged him back.

Sara smiled “Alright…lets go.” she said, walking Emily out of the lab and towards her car. It started to rain as Sara drove away from the parking lot and towards her house, Emily was silent the whole way.

“…I wish Greg was here,” Emily said, turning to Sara who pouted a little bit. The understanding was hard for Sara to get, the man she loved and his daughter that meant more to him than life itself.

Sara took Emily’s hand and stroked it “It’s okay…he’ll be here soon.” she said, turning into her neighborhood and driving up to her house.

The rain had gotten harder, Emily made a mad dash to Sara’s front porch as did she, Emily was shaking from the coldness of the air as Sara unlocked her front door.

“You wanna take a hot bath or something?” Sara asked as Emily walked into the house.

Emily shook her head and turned to Sara “I just wanna go to bed…” she whispered.