‹ Prequel: Random Thoughts
Sequel: Adjustments

Obsticles

Tired

Police and the CSI’s surrounded the storage building, the owners waited patiently as they felt guilty about letting the whole possibility of Emily being locked in a storage room without them knowing.

They broke the lock, Nick and Warrick looked at each other for a moment, nodding to each other to open the door.

The storage room was opened, it was dark.

Nick grabbed his flashlight and turned it on, there was blood everywhere along the floor. Warrick held his breathe as Nick walked into the room and looked around for a moment.

It was silent as Nick looked around, Warrick was his back-up as he turned on his flashlight and looked around with Nick.

“…oh, shit! WE NEED AN MEDIC!” Nick yelled, Warrick turned in his direction to see Emily, bound to a chair with her eyes and both covered with torn rags. She was covered in blood and was barely breathing.

The ambulance rushed in, Nick and Warrick unbound Emily from the chair where she immediately fell forward into Warrick’s arms.

“Emily, it’s us…you’re okay, baby. You’re okay!” Warrick said, getting assistance from Nick getting her on the gurney.

The paramedics strapped Emily in before taking her to the ambulance where the crowd had grown bigger. Grissom ran to Emily and walked with her gurney to the ambulance as they loaded her up.

Warrick and Nick stood by Greg, who watched in panic.

“…you should go with Grissom, she’s your girl.” Warrick said softly.

Greg shook his head “No, Nick should go…he saved her. You get dibs on the seat.” Greg said, looking at Nick “I’ll catch up.” He said, taking in a deep breathe and walking away.

Catherine watched Greg go, worried as she followed Greg to the car.

Nick thought for a moment “…maybe it should be just Grissom, it seems appropriate.” He said, walking to the car with Greg and Catherine.

Warrick stood alone, he knew that this was FAR from over since they hadn’t found Aaron yet, but he’d probably be back soon.

_______________________________________________________________

Grissom sat with Emily in the ICU, she had lost a lot of blood from several sources and was in a transit of being out and in a coma.

Emily slept for two days, no interruptions or visitors. Just the sounds of a Carly Simon album on repeat and Grissom planting himself in a chair next to her, reading another bug book.

She had been beaten, stabbed, raped, and tortured for the days she had been missing. Her kidnapping even cost Emily the pregnancy, she had miscarried which was a large source of the blood stains on her skin.

Emily had a broken right leg and a fractured collar bone, Grissom just KNEW she had to be in pain.

The nurse had checked Emily’s stats one more time, Grissom was tired of the book and just watched his daughter sleep.

Grissom looked at his watch, 3:35 A.M. It had been a long two days and Grissom was about to lose his mind. He was lost in his thoughts for a long time, not even noticing that Emily was moving, and turning towards him.

“…dad?” Emily whispered.

Grissom turned to see Emily, her eyes barely opened as she looked at him. She looked miserable but Grissom managed to keep himself together as he smiled at her.

“Are you alright?” he asked, scooting closer to her.

Emily shook her head slowly, looking away from Grissom “Did you find him?” she asked, letting her eyes close slowly.

Grissom shook his head “No, not yet…but we’re looking.” He said.

“…where is everybody?” Emily asked.

Grissom smiled “They’re in the lobby, waiting for you to wake up.” He said, stroking her hair softly.

Emily moaned “…where’s Greg?” she asked.

“…I’ll get him.” Grissom said, getting up from his seat and walking out into the lobby where everyone slowly stood up.

Grissom looked at Greg “…she wants to see you.” He said, Greg slowly got up from his seat and walked into Emily’s room where she laid.

Greg didn’t know what to say as he walked closer to her, his eyes gazed over her body as she moved for a moment.

“If you don’t want to look at me, that’s ok.” Emily whispered.

Greg shook his head “That’s not true. I just…god, I want to kill him so badly.” He said, walking up to Emily, he helped her sit up slowly as she slowly opened her eyes.

They still couldn’t open all the way. That made Greg feel even worse as he sat next to her, holding her hand tightly.

Emily sighed “I know this is not the time or the place to talk about it, but I was hoping maybe we could move in together once I graduated.” She said, trying to keep the tension away from the both of them.

Greg smiled “Yeah…that’d me great. Maybe we’ll get married after Grissom settles with ‘us’ for awhile.” He said, squeezing her hand.

“Yeah. That would be nice.” Emily muttered, lying back down and closing her eyes. “If I fall asleep, don’t go.” She pleaded.

Greg nodded “I won’t…” he said, it was silent for a moment before he couldn’t deal with it any longer “Emily?” he asked.

Emily answered with a faint noise.

“…call me the name, please?” he asked her.

Emily smiled weakly, she opened her eyes “…Greggy-Poo…” she muttered, all of her strength had been taken for the day, she closed her eyes again.

“…I love you.” He whispered to her, scooting the chair closer to the bed.

Emily was asleep, Greg just watched her as he thought about everything when Nick walked into the room.

Greg still had a hold on her small hand as Nick smiled “Her doctors said she’s gonna stay for another day or two…then move her to another ward.” He said.

“That’s good.” Greg managed to get out.

Nick nodded “…they also said that the miscarriage might have done damage to her body…” he went on to say, implying a rather upsetting mind track for Greg.

“Don’t say that…” Greg pleaded.

Nick shrugged his shoulders “Just what I’ve been told.” He said before walking out of the room.

Greg went back to looking at Emily, he didn’t want anything to go wrong anymore, but he was so emotionally tired he wanted to give up so badly.