‹ Prequel: Random Thoughts
Sequel: Adjustments

Obsticles

Bombshell

It was almost 1 in the morning when Grissom walked through the door, the house was dark with just the TV’s blue screen lighting the living room. Warrick, Nick, Emily, and Greg were asleep on the couch.

Grissom got a closer look at the four friends. Greg was on the end with his head up against the couch with his arm around Emily as she cuddled with him. Nick was asleep on Greg and Emily’s lap with his legs on Warrick as he was in the same position as Greg, except he was snoring.

They looked peaceful as Grissom sighed, he turned off the TV and slowly walked into his bedroom.

In the darkness, Emily opened her eyes as she listened for the door to close. She sighed as she looked at Greg as he slept peacefully, undisturbed by Grissom’s return.

Emily sighed, getting comfortable again to fall back asleep. She couldn’t go back to sleep though, she just sat there with her eyes closed and her arm around Greg’s waist. She remembered the first time she’d met Greg.

The lab was empty, Emily had just stopped by from school and she heard from Sara that the new lab rat was adorable. The printer spit out some results as Emily put her bags down, she walked towards the printer and read the results.

“…latex…” Emily muttered, putting the paper down and looking into the microscope that had nothing in it at the time.

Emily went ahead and took all the samples that were categorized as ‘not yet’ and began to take care of everything.

It was about 5 minutes of work when she heard a voice behind her “Uhhh, can I help you?” she heard behind her.

Emily turned around to him, the cutest thing she had ever seen. He had spikey blonde hair with a Hawaiian shirt on, and black Nike’s that looked loved.

“Right…” Emily said, getting off the stool and smiling at Greg who took a step closer to her.

Greg looked at her closely “How’d you get in here?” he asked, looking over her shoulder to see ‘how much damage’ she did to his lab.

Emily smiled “…Grissom…I have my own key.” she said, showing Greg her I.D card.

“What do you got with Grissom? Does he donate to your science club or something?” Greg asked, snatching her I.D out from her hand and looking at it closely.

Emily snatched it back “…GRISSOM, is my father.” she said.

Greg looked at her confused “…Emily Grissom?” he asked. “Grissom has a kid?” he asked Emily, who put her hand on her hip.

“I’m adopted, but I guess since your social skills are shit, you wouldn’t know WHAT adoption means or is…” Emily said, grabbing her backpack and walking out of the lab.

Emily opened her eyes, the sun was out and peeking in through the windows. She looked around the living room to see that she was the only one on the couch as her head laid on the cushion.

She could hear Grissom in the kitchen, she didn’t want to get up and let Grissom know that she was awake…”wasn’t he supposed to go to work soon, anyway?” she thought to herself.

She could feel Grissom’s presence nearby as he reached out to pull a strand away from her hair “…it’s time to wake up, Emily.” he whispered to her.

Emily slowly opened her eyes, she was still jealous and angry with him as a tear fell down her cheek and onto the cushion. She quietly brushed the forming tear away against the cushion.

“…did you have a good night?” he asked her.

Emily sighed “Yeah…until you called and Greg threw the popcorn over his shoulder and onto the carpet.” she muttered as she buried her face into her arm.

Grissom smiled “Oh, so that’s what that mess was!” he said, sitting on the edge of the couch “…look, I know you’re very livid with me. Quite frankly, I honestly have to say there’s always been *something* there. But I never knew what it was…”

“Dad…just, shut up.” Emily said.

Grissom sighed “…okay…you coming in today?” he asked.

Emily shrugged her shoulders as she looked out the window, she just couldn’t look at her father anymore as the sun nearly blinded her “I don’t know…” she said, letting her face sink into the couch.

Grissom had gone to work, Emily slowly got off the couch and walked into the kitchen to get something to eat before she made any decisions…unfortunately, she didn’t have a choice.

Catherine called, a man with a bomb at the shopping mall, and Emily was probably the best negotiator-in-training they had.

Emily walked into the mall, she was escorted to the scene as a distressed man said that swore he would press the button in his hand. Emily said as she put her stuff down and walked up to the front.

“…hey, man…” Emily said calmly, letting the man look at her. And so it began, they talked for a few hours, things began to settle down until he made a wrong move.

A police officer had moved, cocked his gun towards him…the battle that had almost won had been lost. The button had been pressed, fire and body parts flew everywhere. People had ducked for cover as they were covered in blood. Emily had gotten the worst of it.

Emily screamed as she was covered in blood and guts as she attempted to cover her face. Once things had settled, everybody looked at the 25-year old girl who was covered in red, who was in despair and in a desperate need for clothes.

Catherine walked towards Emily and took a good look at her before turning to the rest of the scene “ALRIGHT, I want this area scanned, close off all entrances and exits, nobody leaves…except for Emily and Greg. Greg, take Emily back to the lab…get her clothes for evidence.” she said, walking away.

Greg somehow managed to get Emily into the lab without getting blood anywhere as he walked her into the lab where he had to cover up all the windows so nobody would see Emily getting undressed.

“Some morning, huh?” Greg said, grabbing towels and bags and putting them on the counter. Greg grabbed a pair of gloves and put them on and smiled at Emily “Stay still, I have to take your clothes off…” he said.

Emily whined “That’s not the first time you’ve told me that,” she said, Greg could tell she was still under stress as he took her shirt off, then her belt and jeans. There was a serious problem…the blood has splattered on her bra as well.

Greg looked at the bra, then at Emily “You wanna…?” he asked.

Emily asked as Greg put on another pair of gloves for Emily as she slowly took off her bra. It felt uncomfortable for the both of them when Greg let an awkward laugh out “Can you imagine your dad walking in…” he said, talking her bra as she covered her chest.

There Emily stood, naked in the lab with no spare clothes and just her underwear with Greg in front of her. It made matters worse when the door opened, Greg quickly shielded Emily as Nick walked into the lab.

“Jesus! Look at you! Ems, you should really hit the showers!” Nick said, looking at her bloody body with particles in her hair.

The door opened again, it was Sara with a collective evidence pack “Wow, some orgy. Get out.” Sara said, looking at Nick and Greg who ran out of the lab.

Sara handed a towel to Emily who quickly wrapped it around her as she sat on stool. Sara smiled “This won’t be awkward, I promise…” Sara said, getting out tweezers and looking at Emily’s hair.

Oh, sure! This wasn’t awkward at all. Emily’s dad’s girlfriend looking her over to evidence to a crime.