We Gamble With Desire

013.

Alex POV.

I sat in the basement with everyone, getting situated. It was the first time I'd ever used one of the big queen sized beds we kept down there. I'd never brought a girlfriend up with me before. I was excited, though it was slightly lame.

All the excitement in the world, however, wasn't enough to avoid how nervous I was about Spencer. I'd heard from Kara that she'd taken Spencer on a walk with Sebastian, alone. I knew my mom wasn't going to be mean to her, I knew she would do anything to make her feel uncomfortable, it was just Spencer; she was so unpredictable when it came to this. I mean, she was so sure of herself in every other aspect! Why was this so hard for her?

"Earth to Alex!" Jack yelled waving his hand in front of my.

"What?" I asked, confused and annoyed.

"You're spacing dude." He said, sounding slightly angry. "We're going to watch a movie."

"Oh, okay…sorry." I added at the end worried I'd actually pissed him off; Jack wasn't the type to actually get mad very often.

We all sat down around the TV; there were three large comfortable sofas surrounding it. I vaguely realized we were watching one of the Harry Potter movies. I was back to the thought of Spencer. I was worried about her.

I was lost in my thoughts when Rian started talking to me. "Dude what are you thinking so much about?"

I jumped slightly. "What?" I demanded, I was on edge.

"Alex, be nice." Spencer chastised.

"Well I'm sorry, I'm sitting here worrying about my fucking girlfriend. Why can't you all just leave me be?" I snapped paying no attention to what was going on around me.

"Why exactly are you worried about her…?" Kara questioned.

"I just am." I stated looking forward. I didn't know how much Kara knew about her problems with my parents. I didn't want to say something she didn't want everyone to know.

"Lex…" I heard her voice and looked over surprised.

"When the hell did you get here?" I asked finally smiling.

"I've been here, talking to Kara for like twenty minutes now." She said laughing at me, I sighed contently. She stood up, Jack moved to join Kara and Rain's couch, and she moved to sit next to me. She pulled her feet up and tucked them under her as I wrapped one of my arms around her. I again sighed in relief, I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. "You looked so focused I didn't want to interrupt." She whispered as she leaned her head on my chest.

"I was worried about you." I admitted shyly.

"What would you have to be worried about?" She asked puzzled, looking up at me with wide eyes.

"I didn't know if you were going to be okay with going alone. I didn't know she was going to do that, I never would've let her had I known." I was whispering quickly. "H-how was it?"

"It was fine, we just talked for a little bit." She said smiling. She seemed fine with the whole thing.

"And she was nice? Nothing happened?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes, and it will be the only time I admit to you being right, she was really nice and I actually enjoyed myself." She smiled up at me and pursed her lips in search of a kiss. I leaned forward and gave her one before we laid back and watched the movie with our friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the late update! Writers block has been plaguing
me as of late X.X But hopefully I'm back...I'll cross my fingers,
I think I know where I'm going with this...so that's good, lol.
Comment and tell me what you like/hate/want to see. I looove
all of you!