Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Faker

I traced Matt's abs silently. He lay on the couch with me, watching "V for Vendetta". It wasn't a movie I was too fond of, but I knew my fun was coming later. Johnny came in the room and eyed us.

"Matt, don't you ever wear a shirt?" he asked.

Matt shook his head and said, "No. And if you weren't in the house, I wouldn't wear pants either."

I giggled, picturing Matt completely naked just wandering about the house. Hmmm... I smiled. Johnny handed me a root beer.

"What's so funny?" he asked with a grin. He poked me in the side and made me sqeak.

"None of your business, Mr. Nosey Pants," I replied.

I put my feet up on the table. Johnny rested a hand on my knee, and I looked over at him. He smiled a bit, and I wondered if he was actually coming onto me this time. Little Johnny was growing up. Isn't that sweet?

No. It was something else. I raised one of my eyebrows at him. He turned his attention to the movie. I shook my head in disbelief. Johnny was confusing me.

Brian entered the room a second later, and I stood up. He hugged me, picking me up off the floor a bit as he did so. I kissed him, and he kissed me back. I inhaled a strong scent of...perfume? No, it couldn't be.

"Dude, eh," said Matt, scrunching up his nose. "What the fuck is that? Smells like my grandma."

Apparently it was perfume. I'm just lucky Matt's the one who said it and not me.

"Nothing to worry about, fellas," Brian said. "I was just picking up a few things at our local department store. Might I say you look lovely today, my dear Lissa."

I bit my lip. "What's going on, Brian?" I asked.

"Close your eyes and follow me upstairs," he instructed.

I shrugged and followed his command. I tripped on a couple of steps, but I felt his hand leading me back into place. I reached my arms out in front of me, slowly feeling my way up the steps toward him.

"Okay," he said finally. I opened my eyes. We were in my room. "Here you are, Madamoiselle." He kissed my cheek and handed me a box.

I laughed, "What's this for?"

"Just open it."

I untied the bright pink bow and lifted the lid. Inside, was a much smaller, black velvet box. My smile left my face. If it was what I thought it was...

I dropped the larger box, holding the smaller one. Brian looked at me with anticipation. I pulled the lid of the smaller box, and inside was a silver necklace. So it wasn't what I thought it was, but it did look expensive. I didn't want expensive gifts, but I took it from the box. It was an engraved necklace that had the three symbols that saved my life- A7X. I smiled wide, and I threw my arms around him.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"I love it," I said. "But why'd you do it?"

"You've been with us for a long time, and I wanted you to know that we're never going to leave you, Liss. We're all right here for you."

I kissed him, and he smiled. But something didn't feel right. I smiled anyway, and said, "I'm gonna go show Naomi."

Brian nodded, and I left him. Naomi was sitting on the back of the couch, her knees on either side of Jimmy's shoulders. She was lightly massaging him, and his head rested on her leg. I leaned against the couch and cleared my throat. They both looked at me and smiled.

"Sorry, Jimbo, but do you mind if I borrow 'I moan' for a sec?" I asked.

"Go ahead, Lissa-Lu," replied Jimmy.

Naomi followed me to the foyer. It was quiet there, and I was sure no one would hear us. I pulled out my necklace and showed it to Naomi. She gasped and all but ripped it from my hands.

"Holy shit, woman!" she hissed. "Where did you get this?"

"Syn- Brian," I said. I wrung my hands together. "I can't accept it, though. I don't feel right. I haven't been faithful to him, and he knows it. But I can't pretend like it isn't real."

"He bought it for you," said Naomi. "I think it's his way of thanking you. Maybe?"

"No, he thanks me in...other ways. But you know I can't accept nice things. I'm a small town girl"-

"Livin in a lonely world!" sang Naomi. I smacked her arm.

"Will you shut up?" I snapped. "This is serious. I don't want to hurt him."

Naomi shrugged. "I don't know," she sighed. "He obviously accepts your lifestyle."

"No, it's not right. I don't feel right with"-

I stopped. He hadn't said I would always be there for you. He'd said we would always be there for you. Not Brian. Avenged Sevenfold. That's what the necklace meant. That's why it felt weird. Brian wasn't going to be there, but the whole group would be. My jaw dropped to the floor.

"What?" asked Naomi. "Lissa? What's wrong?"

I couldn't say anything.

"Liss?!"

I shrunk down to the floor. I was right. Brian didn't love me. He loved the sex. And I knew it. So why was I so hurt?

"Lissa Turner!"

I looked up at Naomi and whispered, "Get Johnny."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruh-roh.
What will happen next? :O
Comment!