Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)

Naomi did a doubletake. "Johnny?" she echoed.

I nodded. Her eyes were as big as plates, but she stood up straight and left the foyer. I put my head in my hands. It was my own fault for picking the least likely to love me. I grew too attached to him, perhaps. He was the one who had picked me up at the bar, though, and maybe I felt I had to repay him for not letting me wander the streets of LA alone at night.

Maybe it wasn't my fault, on the other hand. He didn't have to buy me a drink. He did it of his own accord. But then again- I was a teenage girl, vulnerable and alone, in an LA bar. My head spun in circles in three different directions.

I felt someone sit down by me. I looked up and saw Johnny. He smiled and looked at me with his big, innocent, brown eyes. My heart skipped a couple beats.

"Naomi said you wanted to talk to me?" he said.

I looked down at my hands and nodded. "I don't think Brian loves me," I said, choking a bit on my words.

"Oh," was all he said in reply. He took my hand in his. "I don't really think that's entirely true."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, we all love you, in our own ways, I guess. And none of us could imagine living without you."

"There goes that 'we' again."

"What? It's true. You've found a spot in all of our hearts, Lissa."

"I just...I didn't want it to be true. Brian doesn't love me, just what I give him. That's why I'm still here, isn't it?"

Johnny touched my cheek and looked me straight in the eyes. "Don't you ever think that," he said. "We would never throw you out, no matter what. I wouldn't let them."

I felt a tear slide down my cheek, and Johnny brushed it away. I smiled a little. He kissed my forehead, making my heart flutter slightly.

"Stay with him, Liss," he said. "Give him another chance."

I nodded. Johnny had made me feel a bit better, as he always did. He stood, and he helped me to my feet as well. I wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "Thank you."

"I'm always here if you need me," he replied.

Naomi was waiting for me in the adjoining hall. She was chewing on one of her fingernails, but she stopped when she saw me. I hugged her, making her feel less worried.

"So?" she inquired. "What?"

"It's nothing," I said. "Let's just go back and finish up that horrid movie. I hope it's almost over."

Naomi draped a shoulder around my arm, and we went back into the living room. I took my place between Matt and Johnny again, this time leaning more toward Johnny. Brian joined us a while later, but I didn't say anything.

I merely kissed him, and he simply kissed me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
More coming later tonight!
Also read Seize the Day, if you haven't already!
Comment, comment, comment!