Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

You're The One

I sat, cradled in Johnny's arms, until the beach cleared and the sun began to sink behind the hills. I dug my toes into the sand. I couldn't have been happier, not moving from Cloud Nine. The only thought that ever crossed my mind was that I was spending time with someone I wouldn't end up sleeping with all the time like Brian.

I rested my chin on his chest. I touched his arm, and I heard his heart flutter. I smiled because he was crazy about me without wanting me for sex. No way I could think of anything else but him when we were in the same room.

"It's getting late," whispered Johnny. "C'mon, there's somewhere else I want to take you before we go home."

I stood up, and he did the same. He took my hands, looking into my eyes. I felt my cheeks grow warm, and I knew I was blushing. He brought his lips down to mine. I closed my eyes, letting my instinct take over. It wasn't like any other kisses I had had before. It was soft, not forced, and it didn't feel like we would end up in bed. I smiled, and he pulled away.

"We'd better hurry," said Johnny.

"Where might we be going?" I inquired.

"You'll see," he replied, leading me back to the car.

We headed south away from Huntington, and now I was really confused. What could possibly be this far away from home? We drove up into the hills, going higher and higher above the rest of the world.

Finally, we stopped at the peak of a hill. It was a bit breezier up here, and I was terrified of heights already without the wind swaying me this way and that. Johnny helped me from the car, and I clutched his arm for dear life. He chuckled a bit, but I didn't find it the least bit funny. He took me over to a crevice in the side of the hill, and we sat down.

"Wait for it," whispered Johnny, more to himself than to me.

I followed his eyes to where the horizon met the ocean. I stared there for a few seconds before looking back at him and saying, "What am I waiting for?"

"This," he said, pointing.

I looked back out to sea. I saw the rays of the sun hit the water in a magnificent display, and I gasped. It was the most gorgeous thing I'd ever seen.

"Oh my god," I breathed. "It's...I mean...wow..."

Johnny looked over to me and said, "It's the second most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"What's the first?" I asked.

"You."

I looked at him. He smiled at me, and he kissed my cheek.

"I'll take you here anytime you want," he said. "This is your spot now."

I kissed him, but I stood up. "We should go before they think you kidnapped me." Before I got in the car, I added, "Johnny. Today's been the best day of my life."

"Mine too, Liss," Johnny replied.
-----------------------------------------------------
Naomi was running out the front door as soon as she saw us pull up to the house.

"Lissa!" she screamed. "Look!"

She was holding her hand out, and I caught a glimpse of gold and diamond.

He didn't.

"Jimmy proposed to me!" she yelled as she picked me up in a huge hug.

He did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last for today.

Comment!

Happy holidays, everyone!