Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Enough

I backed away from the table, excusing myself from the conversation. Naomi's eyes pleaded to me, and I felt sorry I was leaving her with both her family and mine. I blew her a kiss, and she slumped over in her chair. Johnny followed me out the door.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked, shutting the front door behind him.

"Anywhere," I sighed. "I just want to get away from here." I touched the growing lump on my head.

Johnny noticed my discomfort, and he kissed my forehead. I tried to smile, but my head was throbbing. He took my hand and led me to his car. I climbed in and leaned against the window. He started the car, but we didn't move.

"Why does he do it, Liss?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said. "It's always been this way. Like I'm not good enough."

Johnny took my hands and looked me in the eyes. "You are good enough. Don't you ever let anyone tell you different."

I nodded, and we left. He drove into the city, the shops all getting ready to light their signs for the evening. We stopped and parked outside a little dress shop. He grinned at me, but I wasn't quite sure why.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"For a later date," said Johnny.

"A later date?"

"Yeah, like maybe I want to take you somewhere nice sometime."

I smiled. "You're so sweet."

"I try," Johnny said.

He got out of the car, and he came around and opened my car door. I stepped out, and he took my hand. I blushed a bit. Johnny really was a sweetheart. He pulled me into the store, and I followed, mostly enthusiastic.

The lady at the counter smiled as Johnny and I entered. Her horned glasses slipped from her nose and hung around her neck. We came up to the counter, and she stood up.

"Can I help you folks?" she said. She eyed Johnny's tattoos, but said nothing.

"She needs a dress," he said.

"What kind?" She turned to me.

"I don't know," I muttered. "I didn't even know we were coming here."

"Something she can wear to a place like... Cafè Joli Peon."

The lady's eyes widened, and I giggled. Johnny's voice was sexy in French. I liked it. The woman shrugged and led me to a rack of dresses. Johnny sat down on a chair by the door, smiling to himself. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he chuckled. The lady held a dress up to me, comparing the color with my eyes and hair.

"What size are you?" she asked.

"Umm...last time I checked, I was a 4," I replied.

She nodded and handed me a strapless turquoise dress and a dark red halter dress. She shooed me off to the dressing room. She helped me tie the halter on one, but eventually I discovered it didn't fit right. She rested her hand on her hip and spun me around.

"What is the point of this?" I asked.

"Don't ask," snapped the woman. "I try to find the perfect dress for everyone, and you, my dear, are no exception. How does it fit?"

"Terrible," I sighed. "I hate halters."

"Try this one then," she said, handing me the turquoise dress.

I pulled it on, and she zipped it up for me. When I turned around, I swear the breath left her lungs. She tapped the mirror, indicating for me to look. I stepped in front of the mirror, and I hardly recognized myself. I never realized how nice I looked in a dress. I smiled and turned back to her.

"I'll take it," I said. "Got anything to go with it?"

"Change back, and I'll find you some stuff," she replied.

When I walked back out to Johnny, my items covered, and I smiled.

"Don't I get to see it before I pay for it?" he asked.

I just smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me awhile to write this, but there are more parts to their date.

Comment!