Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Extraordinary Girl

I set my dress in the back seat, gingerly, with Johnny eying me every now and then when I looked back at the car. He smiled, and he took my hand, leading me down the street to a little ice cream place. The fluorescent lights reflected of the clean polka dot linoleum floors, a bit inviting for me. I kissed Johnny's cheek, and he laughed.

"Need something?" he said.

"Can we get some ice cream, Johnny?" I asked. I flashed a puppy dog look at him, and he sighed.

"I suppose. If we have to...rocky road?"

"Ew, who likes that shit? Cookie Dough for me."

Johnny opened the door for me, and we were hit with a blast of cold air. I shivered a bit, looking envied at the small child by the window who was wearing a flannel shirt. He grinned at me, his mouth filled with chocolate ice cream, and I had to turn away to keep from laughing. Johnny ordered my cookie dough cup and got a strawberry shake for himself. We decided to sit outside, though, because he saw the goosebumps on my arms. I shivered again, and thanked him.

The sun was setting, and I wondered if Johnny had timed it that way again. The evening breeze was warm, and I settled into the small bench with Johnny. He put his arm around my shoulders. I giggled and stole a sip of his shake. He shook his head, but I knew he didn't mind too much. I offered him a bite of my ice cream, but he made a disgusted face.

"What's wrong with vanilla ice cream and cookie dough?" I snorted.

Johnny smiled, "It was sarcasm, my sweet." He leaned toward my spoon and took the bite of ice cream from me.

I stuck my bottom lip out in a weak attempt at a pouty face, but he laughed anyway.

"I can give it back, if you want me too," he suggested.

"Oh, god, please don't," I replied. I poked his nose, and he put his head on my shoulder.

"Where do you want to go next?" he asked.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I haven't read any books lately. Or ever. We should find a bookstore."

"Bookstore? Now that is a change."

I gently punched his arm, and he chuckled. "Not funny," I said. "I used to read a book once in awhile. Before I met you guys."

Johnny shrugged and said, "I know, I'm just giving you hell." He kissed my forehead.
-----------------------------------------------------
Johnny bought me a couple of books I had wanted to read during high school, but never got around to, and he bought a few books himself. Afterward he told me he probably wasn't going to read them until he was forty, and I laughed.

Huntington was eerily dark out when we left the bookstore, and Johnny instinctively pulled me closer. Most of the shops were closing, but we found a little bistro to have a quick bite to eat. I sat across from him on the patio, swinging my legs back and forth under the table like I was ten.

"You look adorable with your hair like that," said Johnny randomly.

I frowned. I hadn't done anything with my hair today. I reached up and pulled at a couple of tangles. "Thanks," I replied, "but I think it looks like shit today."

"If that's what you want to think, I can't stop you," said Johnny. "But I'm entitled to my own thoughts, and I think you look wonderful." He leaned across the table and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

I blushed, wondering if anyone had seen, but then I realized something. Johnny didn't care what anyone thought of us. It was just me and him, and nobody else mattered. I smiled, and I felt my face, for the first time in forever, crack a genuine smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know, but my internet is being dumb again. I'll attempt to update later. 3rd part to their date is next, so be ready ;)

Comments = awesome rewards! lol