Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Whispers in the Dark

After a much-too-small dinner, Johnny and I sat on the patio of the bistro. We split a large piece of cheesecake while everyone was leaving. The waitress looked like she was mad we were still there, but we ignored her.

"So tell me something about you I don't know," said Johnny.

"Oh, there's a lot," I replied. "I don't think you want to know."

"Of course I do," Johnny said. "I'll tell you something first, if you want me to."

"Sure. And then I'll think about it." I took a bite of cheesecake and smiled.

"Okay, how about something embarassing first? When we were playing a show in Germany, I lost my belt. So I decided to go on without one. Right before I walked out, my pants fell. Spongebob boxers showing a crowd of 40,000."

I choked on my cheesecake. He shook his head.

"Oh it gets worse," Johnny continued. "I took a step without knowing, tripped over my fallen pants, right out on stage and knocked over Shads."

I put my fork down and covered my mouth with my hands, choking and laughing at the same time. He blushed and laughed with me. I shook my head, and he slouched in his chair.

"Okay, that's pretty bad," I laughed. "I doubt mine can top that."

"They didn't let it go forever," agreed Johnny. "But go ahead and try."

"Well, when I was in my junior year of high school, I had this guy I liked. He was the star of the football team, wrestling team, and track team, so naturally I had no chance. One night, my dad was out with some friends, so I'd been drinking a little. Naomi and I were tipsy, definitely, and she convinced me to tell him how I felt. We drove to his house, and I stood outside what I thought was his window. So I started shouting, 'Mr. Lund! I love you!' over and over. Eventually, his dad came to the window and yelled that he was already married. By the next morning, everyone in the whole school knew."

"Wow...I think a small high school actually beats 40,000 Germans," laughed Johnny. "That's terrible!" He ran his hand over his face and let out another string of laughs. "Alright, I'm sorry, but that was funny."

"I know," I said. "Now tell me something...I could never guess."

He grinned at me and said, "I don't think you want to know."

"Of course I do."

"Okay. Well how about this? I cry every time I watch Titanic."

"No way..."

"Yep. Everytime Jack dies."

"That's sad."

"Isn't it? Now tell me something about you."

I bit my lip. Should I tell him now? I looked at him and said, "I can't have kids."

Johnny was silent. I sighed and set my napkin on the table as the waitress approached us. She set the bill beside Johnny.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but we're closing soon," she said.

He nodded and thanked her. I awkwardly sat there, not saying anything as he paid. He smiled at me.

"I'm sorry," he said.

I shrugged. Not his fault my dad had hit me with a crowbar until my ovaries stopped working right.
----------------------------------------------------------
The house was silent when we got home. The relatives had gone to their hotel, and everyone else was in bed. I went to my room and shut the door. I leaned against the wall, sighing like a girl with a crush. A moment later there was a knock on my door. Already?

I opened it, and Johnny smiled at me.

"There's a Craig in my bed," he chuckled.

"What?"

"I don't know why, but Naomi's brother is sleeping in my bed."

I shook my head. "You wanna stay in here?"

"If it please you, milady," he said with a smile. I kissed him and let him in."

When we had both snuggled into the bed, he looked at me. I saw his eyes light up, and I kissed him. He gently put his hand in my hair.

"You get more beautiful every time I see you," he whispered.

I blushed and rested my head against his chest. I closed my eyes. How could I respond to that without sounding stupid? He was perfect in every way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my Internet has stopped cooperating, but I shall attempt to update as often as possible!

Comment! Close to 90 subscribers! Holy crap on a cracker!

XD