Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Bulletproof

"Come on, Greg," said Mom. "She's nineteen now. She doesn't need our approval anymore. She's grown up."

"I'll be damned if I let my daughter get away with this," Dad snapped. "And when I get my hands on that tattooed monkey-"

"Greg. Calm yourself, really. Have you seen the size of these guys? There's no way you'd get past them. If you even get past me."

"Christine, stay out of this."

"She's my daughter too. Now you just come downstairs before you do something you'll regret."

There was a moment of silence, and I looked at Johnny. He put his finger to his lips and nodded toward the door. I nodded in reply, hoping my mom was convincing him well enough for him to leave the hallway.

"Greg, why don't you go with John and Craig and the guys to go shopping for...whatever guys shop for," Mom suggested.

I looked sympathetically at Johnny.

"I'll take Lissa Christmas shopping with Naomi and Jen."

There was another silence, but my dad answered, "Fine. But I will have a talk with her later."

He seemed to be speaking more to me than my mother, and I shivered at the ice in his voice. I pulled my towel tighter around me and leaned into Johnny. He kissed the top of my head, my hair still soaked. Soon, we heard footsteps, and I breathed out loudly.

"Lissa, honey," said my mom. "You can come out now." She chuckled a bit and added, "And your friend."

I blushed as I opened the door. My mom stood against the wall, her arms crossed, smiling. I smiled a little and hugged her. She patted my arm, and she looked over at Johnny. She raised her eyebrows, expecting him to say something. He scrunched his nose up, and I grinned at how adorable it made him look.

"Sorry, Mrs. Turner," he said. "I don't mean to step into your family business."

"You're dating my daughter, aren't you?" Mom asked.

"If it pleases you."

"You're a sweet boy, Johnny. Treat her well."

"I do my best."

He nodded to each of us and walked to his room. I looked up at my mom, who was frowning at me. I smiled, trying to soften her look.

"You're really gonna let Dad be in the same room as Johnny?" I said.

"I believe that's what I said," Mom replied.

"Nothing better happen to him then," I warned.

She chuckled a bit and said, "You really like him?"

I looked in the direction of Johnny's room. I nodded and answered, "More than I thought I ever could."
--------------------------------------------------------------
"How about this one?" asked Jennifer. She pulled a strapless white dress off the rack and held it up for her daughter to see. Naomi shrugged and continued looking at the halter top dress she had in her hands.

"I like this one, Mom," she sighed.

"Oh, Naomi," Jennifer laughed. "No offense, dear, but halters make you look fat."

Naomi clenched her hands into fists, and she wrinkled the dress she was holding. Her face turned deep red, and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Jennifer put the dress back on the rack and looked at her daughter. I smoothed out the dress in her hands and held it up against her.

"I think it looks wonderful," I said in her ear.

She smiled and said, "Thanks, Liss."

"Jen, don't you think you should let Naomi pick out her own dress," said my mom.

"Let me handle this," Jennifer replied. "She's my daughter-"

"I'm going to go try this on," said Naomi. She stood up and walked away with the dress.

I looked after her, and I said, "I'll go with her." I didn't like fighting.

Naomi pulled the dress on, and I zipped up the back. I looked at her. She didn't look fat at all. Her mom was just being a bitch to her. I saw her eyes light up, and I smiled.

"You look beautiful," I said. "Jimmy is a lucky guy."

"So I've been told," Naomi said quietly. She turned an faced me. She wrapped her arms around me, and I returned the hug. "You're the best friend I could ever ask for." She sniffed, and I heard her beginning to cry.

I, too, choked up, and we stood in the dressing room crying and laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
More later. I'm writing this in spanish class.

Hope you like it anyway. Comments are the best thing since Avenged Sevenfold was born.

XD XD XD