Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Modern Day Delilah

I smiled at the package in my mom's hands. She wouldn't tell me what it was, but I figured I would find out soon enough. Christmas at the very latest. Naomi was walking as close to me as possible, thus distancing herself from her own mother. I didn't mind. I knew how Jennifer could be, and Naomi was my best friend. We stopped outside another store, and it looked like we were just window shopping. But I saw a pair of black and blue high top Nikes, and I had to have them.

"Let's go in here," I said, pulling Naomi by the wrist.

"You girls go on without us," said Mom. "I have another stop I want to visit. Jen?"

"Sounds like a good idea," Jennifer shrugged. "Don't spend too much, dear."

Naomi ignored her and followed me into the shoe store. The clerk looked up, and he smiled at us. I leaned against the counter, using a bit of my feminine charm, and smiled at him. Naomi stood off to the side looking at a pair of gold and black pumps.

"How much are those over there?" I asked. I pointed to the window shoes.

"The specialties?" the clerk replied. "$89.99."

"That much?" I said. I bit my lip and put on the saddest look I could muster up. He scratched his head.

"Perhaps I can offer a small discount," he suggested.

"Oh, could you? I would be ever so grateful."

"Even though I shouldn't..."

I dug my toe into the soft carpet and sighed, "I'll just get them cheaper online, then."

The clerk looked around and said, "Alright, 15% but that's it."

I grinned at him. "Size 8."

He walked over to the window and pulled a box from the shelf. I looked back at Naomi, and she shook her head. I giggled a bit, but I collected myself as the clerk reapproached me. I sat down and took off my shoe. Much to the dismay of Naomi, I let the clerk slip my foot into the shoe, rather than just leaning over and doing it myself. The shoes fit great, and I stood up. They looked pretty good too. Naomi tilted her head and looked at my shoes.

"I like them," she said.

"I think they look good on you," said the clerk. "They're the perfect shoes for a date."

Naomi snorted, but she attempted to cover it up with a cough. She knew as well as I did that he was attempting to hit on me. Attempting and failing miserably. I nodded.

"They are the perfect shoes for dates," I agreed. "My boyfriend will love them."

I swear he almost burst into tears. I tried not to laugh, but Naomi did not attempt to hide her joy, and she nearly knocked over a rack of Converse. I smiled.

"I'll take them," I chuckled. "With 15% off."
----------------------------------------------------------
The day was shorter than I would have liked, but I knew Naomi was growing tired of her mother. So we headed back to the house at around five that evening. I didn't want to, knowing my dad was there, but Johnny was there too. I patted my box of new shoes, and Naomi silently laughed at me.

The guys had already ordered a pizza, and it was currently on its way. Johnny was sitting on the couch next to Brian. This time, Zacky was showing Craig a few guitar things, and Jimmy was talking to his future father-in-law. But there was no sign of my dad. I set down my bag of new clothes and laid down on the couch on top of Brian and Johnny. They looked down at me, and I smiled.

"To what do we owe this surprise?" Brian asked.

"I'm tired," I sighed.

"Well, we could go upstairs if you want," Johnny said.

"That won't be necessary," said a grim voice. We all turned to see my father in the doorway holding a bottle of Jim Bean. I tensed and sat up.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating at school again. Haha.

Comment? Thanks to everyone- I now have 100 SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!

Yay!