Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Lost In You

Naomi nodded to me, and I stood up. The whole place was looking at me, including the people still talking to each other. I attempted to ignore their stares as I walked to Johnny. I looked back at Naomi, and she smiled sympathetically at me. I turned back to Johnny, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he took my hand and led me away from the reception to a small room.

He sat down in one of the chairs on the far wall, but I stood in the center of the room. He rested his elbows on his knees, and his chin on his fists. I knew he was thinking of what to say, so I began instead.

"If you wanna leave, just go," I said. "I'm not stopping you."

"I don't want to leave," Johnny replied.

I was a bit taken aback by this. If he didn't want to leave, then what was earlier all about? I smoothed out a fold in my dress, looking for an excuse not to speak.

"I know you're probably confused, and I can't imagine what's going through your head," Johnny began. "But I wanna be there for you. I do."

He stood up and put his arms around my waist. He rested his lips against my neck, and I felt him breathing. His heart beat against me, and I felt whole again. I closed my eyes as a tear rolled down my cheek. I took a shaky breath, knowing I couldn't keep the tears in for long. He looked up and kissed my cheek.

"I love you," he said. "You're the most wonderful person I know, and I've never felt this strongly about anyone."

I wrapped my fingers through his, and I smiled. "I love you, Johnny," I replied. "If that even begins to describe it."

Johnny reached into his pocket and pulled a little box into view. My heart skipped a few beats, and I suddenly knew why he'd left. He looked me in the eyes, and he held me there with his beautiful eyes and loving smile. I knew nobody would ever make me feel like Johnny did. He was so kindhearted and gentle with me, and he always thought of me in the best way possible- even on my worst of days.

"I didn't know what to do when you told me you were pregnant," he continued. "I just kept thinking of you telling me you couldn't have kids. It didn't make sense. And then I realized that it didn't matter how. It just mattered that I make you happy. I want you to be happy, and I hope that means you'll be happy with me."

He knelt down, and I felt my eyes swell with tears. I squeezed his hand, and he smiled, opening the box. The ring was silver with three rows of diamonds. I gasped a bit, trying not to die right there. I shook my head in disbelief.

And my thoughts drifted back to freshman year...

I looked at the poster Naomi had given me for my birthday. Naomi stood beside me, also looking at it. She leaned on my shoulder and smiled. She pointed to the bottom right corner at the man behind the drumset.

"That's who I'm gonna marry," she said. "Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan. Yessiree."

"Yeah, and I'm the pope," I laughed. "They would never go for simple Iowa girls like us."

"Oh, come on, Lissa. Don't tell me you don't wanna marry one of them. You're a bigger fan than I am."

"I want to. That doesn't mean it'll happen."

I looked over the faces of the musicians I cared so much for. Their music had saved me, and for that, I was grateful. Naomi pointed to the bass player.

"You're gonna marry him," she said. "Johnny Christ. I just know it. It's cuz you're both short." She giggled and poked me in the side.

"Nah, I at least get Brian," I said.

"Nope. Johnny."


I let out a small half-sob, half-laugh, remembering what Naomi had told me. If I could go back in time and tell her she was right, I'd do it. I looked down at Johnny. He kissed the back of my hand.

"Lissa Christine Turner," he said in a quiet voice. "I love you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I closed my eyes and squeezed my lips together, trying not to cry. I nodded slowly at first, then I smiled.

"Johnathan Lewis Seward," I said. "Nothing would make me happier. Of course I'll marry you."

He stood up and swept me up. He held me tightly around my waist, and I put my arms around his neck. I pressed my lips to his, and at that moment- I was complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
Note: I've had this planned for a long time, so please don't think I'm stealing anybody's ideas.

The next chapter I write of this will be the last. If you want me to keep writing, I might have a sequel to it sometime in the future. Just keep checking back for it.

Comment!