Sequel: Arizona Skyline

She Won't Kiss and Tell

14

Garrett

“God, it’s freezing!”, John said through his teeth while he rubbed his hands together. “I know it’s almost winter, but for God’s sake, it’s still early in November!”

“And that brings me to this question, ‘Why’s there a tour date in New York and on winter!?’”, I rolled my eyes and hugged my jacket tighter onto my body.

We were sitting around the backstage and we just got informed that the heater broke down. Pat, Jared, and Kennedy were seating on the couch altogether, trying to get warm.

I decided to stood up and walked out from the venue. When I stepped outside, the wind blew harshly, but I walked out instead. It was almost 6 PM; the streetlights were already lit up.

The sidewalks were filled with people, and some little kids smiled at me when they passed me by. I decided to go to Starbucks and get some coffee to warm me up.

As I walked into the coffee shop, the smell of nutmeg, hazelnut, and brewed coffee filled my nostrils. I ordered a cup of hot vanilla latte to the barista. The barista kind of surprised who she was serving, and I only could smile awkwardly to her.

When I waited for my coffee, the door of the shop was opened and a girl walked in. She was looking down to her shoes for a second, and when she looked up, the piercing green eyes shot up.

“Oh my God, Garrett?!”, she exclaimed and tackled me into a hug. “What are you doing here?!”

“Hey, Mandy.”, I chuckled and hugged her back.

She pulled away and took a second look of my face. “Seriously, what are you doing here?”

“Well—“, I took the cup of coffee from the counter and gave the barista the money. “We have a show here.”

“So, John’s here too?”, she asked after she ordered cup of Hazelnut hot chocolate to the barista.

I nodded as I took a sip of the coffee. When the liquid touched my tongue, it burned, but felt really good. “Yep. And so does the others.”

“Can I meet them?”, she asked excitedly as she paid for her drink.

“Yeah, come on.”

Her smiled lit up and I led her out from the coffee shop. We exchanged news about ourselves and I missed how her laughter would sound like in my ears. When we walked into the venue from the backdoor, the fans that were waiting for us, screamed.

“Okay, this could need some adjustment.”, she laughed as we walked in.

“I know right? It’s weird for me, why the girls are screaming my name.”

“Oh really?”, she smirked. “But you like it, huh, Gary?”

I rolled my eyes playfully and she laughed at it. We walked to the dressing room, and when Amanda jumped out from her hiding, which was my back, the guys shot up and ran to her.

“Amanda!”, Pat chirped as he wrapped his arms around Amanda’s waist.

“Patty cakes!”, she giggled as she hugged him back. “I missed you.”

“Little sister, what’re you doing here?”, John pulled her out and lifted her to his shoulders.

“John, if you drop me, I would kill you.”, she laughed as she ruffled John’s hair in affection.

“Hey guys, show time.”, Tim poked in his head to the room. “Hey Amanda.”, he smiled to her.

She waved her hands wildly to him like a little kid. “Hi, Timmy!”

John walked out from the room with Amanda on his shoulder. I laughed and followed them out. Her laughter echoed on the hallways, and in my ears. I only smiled at them. She looked back to me, and waved a little.

When we were already on the side of the stage, John put her down and she kissed his cheek before he ran out to the stage. She gave a kiss on the cheek to the others, and when it was my turn, she looked at me with a meaningful look.

“Break a leg, Gary.”, she smiled and kissed my cheek quickly.

I nodded and ran out to the stage, soaked in the screams.

Amanda

I waited for them till’ the end of their show. When they were done, I waited as they showered and changed. It was really fun to united with my friends and my brother.

“Great show, bro.”, I told John when he sat next to me with his head leaned on my shoulder.

“Thanks, Mandy cakes.”, he muttered.

I kissed the top of his head and leaned my head on his. When Garrett stepped out from the bathroom, he motioned me to follow him out. I peeked from the corner of my eyes and John fell asleep. Carefully, I placed his head on the pillow and stood up.

I snatched my bag and put on my coat as I walked out from the room. Garrett led me out from the venue. I wanted to ask him where he was taking me, but I kept quiet instead.

When we walked through the gate of Central Park, I tapped his shoulder. “Garrett, what are we doing here?”

“Come on.”, he smiled and lend in his hand. I took it and he led me to one of the hill. We sat under the big tree and in silent.

“Garrett, what are we doing here?”

He shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t know. I just wanted to spend some quality time with you.”

“You have Angela. This feels kind of wrong.”

“We’re friends, right? And she knows that.”
“But, still.”

“Okay, I have a reason. I wanted to ask you what’s your winter plan and New Year’s Eve plan are.”

I laughed and covered my mouth with my hand. “That’s it?”

“That’s it. So, I guess you already have plans, huh?”

“Yeah.”, I nodded. “I’m actually going to Europe. With Nate.”

His eyes widened on my answer. “Oh, really?”

“Yes. Actually, with his whole band. They’re going on vacation, and they asked me to go with them. I agreed.”

“Does John know?”

“No.”, she raised a brow. “I bet you guys are going to be busy on New Year’s Eve, so there won’t be any chance I could hang with you guys.”

“How about Christmas?”

“I’ll be at home. Mom and John would kill me if I’m not home for O’Callaghan’s Christmas dinner.”

“Well, can’t wait for Christmas then. To friendship?”, he curled his pinky.

I smiled and hooked my pinky with his. “To friendship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
good thing Garrett and Amanda are now friends:3