Status: Sequellllllllllll! :)

My Words Are a Matter of Pride

The Start of Something New

"Okay guys, here are your tickets," Jake said loudly. The group of seven were standing in the middle of the crowded airport, getting ready for their flight to California. Jake handed everyone their boarding passes, and their passports.

"What class are we in?" Avara asked, picking at her fingernails.

"Not first class, we're not cool enough for first class."

"Damn." While Avara argued with Jake about their seating, Tadem, Holly and Travis took their luggage over to the baggage claim, and Harlee and Vanesse went to get coffee from the DOME coffee shop.

"What do you think we'll have to do for Pete?" Holly asked Travis and Tadem. They both thought about it for a moment, before Tadem started to speak.

"I think we'll do a few demos, record some shit, you know how it is." Holly and Travis laughed.

"... No, no I don't know how it is..." The three of them laughed for a few moments, until three hot chocolates with marshmallows, a mocha, two cuppachino's and a latte were set down in front of them. "Holly picked up the three hot chocolates, Tadem picked up her mocha and Vanesse's latte and Travis picked up his and Jake's cuppachino's.

They walked back to where they had left Avara and Jake, to find that they were now arguing about rubber ducks and toy boats for bathtubs.

"Jake, I'd rather play with rubber ducks, they squeak for gods sake!" Jake rolled his eyes and took his cuppachino from Travis and took a sip from it. Holly handed Avara her hot chocolate and laughed when she got a high-pitched squeal in return. "Ooooh! A hot chololotizzle! Thanks Holly."

"It's cool."

Forty five minutes later, they were all seated in the plane. Avara and Holly sat together. Holly had mostly forgiven Avara for meddling, and Avara had mostly forgiven Holly for her whining, They were now back to their old joking ways, and were currently devising a plan to pull a prank on Andy because Andy is a bitch.

Tadem, Harlee and Vanesse were sitting in the seats behind them, talking about things involving movies in theatres. And lastly, Jake and Travis were sitting behind them, talking about music videos and CDs.

"I think, we should secretly, dye his eyebrows, pink," Holly whispered. Avara covered her mouth with her hand and let out a quiet giggle. "And, we could dye his not really there moustache, orange..."

"I... Really think this could be really cool..." Avara whispered back. Holly nodded her head and scribbled down their plan. "And we'll dye his hair bright yellow."

"And his beard green."

"Andy has a beard?" Avara asked.

"He should do. I stole all of his razors so he had nothing to shave with," Holly replied.

"Don't you think he'd just go out and buy more?"

"No, I also stole all of his money so he couldn't."

"Holly!"

"Shh," Holly whispered, "I needed it for when I went out with John."

"What was wrong with your money?" Avara asked.

"I thought I'd spend it on better things."

"Better things than John O'Callaghan?" Holly frowned.

"Touche my friend."

"So are you going to pay Andy back?" Avara asked.

"No." Avara laughed.

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to dye his eyebrows pink and his not-really-there mustache orange."

"And his hair yellow and his beard green," Avara added.

"Yes Avara, yes."

"I still think our plan is missing something," Avara said.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Something to take it over the line from being awesome, to epic win."

"Something like, blue in colour."

"Good start. Maybe in the eye region. Some kind of drawn-on accessory..."

"Hmmm." The girls thought for a minute before Holly clicked her fingers.

"Got it!" She said.

"Glasses?" Avara asked.

"Glasses." Holly nodded. "So what about that douche bag lead singer that's in his band. What's his name? Lawn, Prawn?"

"Shaun?"

"That's the one! Haven't seen that kid in ages." Avara went silent as she thought back to Short Stack's last in store in Perth. "Avara?" Holly asked, noticing Avara's silence. "Oh no, that's your 'Boy Face'."

"Boy Face?" Avara said, turning on Holly.

"It's short for 'Holly I'm having boy trouble, help!"

"It's awkward." Avara mumbled.

"Tell me," Holly ordered.

"I was at Short Stack's in store after taking John to your place."

"Go on."

"Shaun said he wrote Planets about me." Holly opened her mouth and then held up her finger.

"Let's put this conversation on hold while I google the lyrics." Holly pulled her MAC book out of her backpack, opened it up and turned it on. She tapped her fingers on the arm rest while she waited for the home screen to open up. When the page was fully loaded, she got into the internet and went straight to google to google the lyrics to Short Stacks newest song.

After going through the lyrics over and over again, Holly started laughing. She laughed so hard that she cried. Passengers from all around were staring at her as she was insane. Avara was also staring at her like she was insane.

"Why the hell are you laughing?"

"Well," she started to laugh again, but stopped herself just before she burst into another loud fit of giggles. "He's reaching out for you Avara, this song seems a little creepy. I knew Prawn was a creeper!" Avara gave Holly a blank look.

"Um, wow."

"Yeah."

- † -


By the time the girls got to California, and then to New York, Holly had teased Avara a lot more than she should have about Shaun and his song; Planets. Even Harlee and Tadem had gotten into the teasing. Avara was getting so annoyed, that she was ignoring everyone, including Jake, Vanesse and Travis.

The group left the plane and were greeted by a big burly security guard who introduced himself as Max. Jake introduced himself to the Max, and then introduced the girls and Travis and Vanesse.

"Mr. Reynolds I've spoken to Mr. Wentz this morning and he's sent a limo to get you, the crew and the girls to the studio safely," Max said quietly. "What I'm going to do, is get you all to follow me through the room to the door. There's a car waiting for you right out front." The girls and Jake nodded at Max, and followed when he turned and walked briskly through the airport.

Upon leaving the safety of the doors, people were everywhere screaming the girls' names. someone grabbed Harlee's wrist and tried to pull her into the crowd. Max saw this, and lightly pushed the girl behind the hand away from Harlee. Harlee scrambled into the middle of the other three girls and Jake.

Once everyone minus Travis and Vanesse, who were still trying to get the luggage. Max left the limo and went in search of the missing crew members. He came back five minutes later followed by Travis and Vanesse.

"Took your time," Tadem teased.

- † -


An hour and a half later, the girls found themselves walking into the head office of Decaydance Records and heading up to a huge front desk. Travis stayed back at the hotel room with Vanesse. She was going to show him around New York while we worked.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" The girl at the huge wooden desk asked nicely. Jake came to a stop in front of her and smiled.

"Hello, we spoke on the phone," he said to her, "My name's Jake Reynolds. I'm Kill Barbie's tour manager. This is Holly Burming, Avara Law, Harlee Anchor and Tadem Cefni." The woman smiled brightly.

"Oh, yes, I should known. My name is Alice Ryan." The four girls smiled politely at Alice. "Well Pete's waiting for you," she said getting up from her chair. "Right this way please." She let the group of five down the hallway to the right, and stopped right outside a huge office with a plaque on the door reading; Peter Wentz. Right underneath it, someone had stuck a sticky note saying; sucks hairy balls. Alice laughed when she read it. "Hey Monday were in this morning. Mike likes to patronize Pete." She rapped her knuckled gently on the door and waited.

"Come in," a familiar voice called. Holly put her hand on her stomach, trying to calm the butterflies down. Alice opened the door and beckoned the four girls and Jake inside. "Hey!" Pete beamed as soon as he realised who they were. He got up out of his chair, came around his desk and went towards them.

"Hey Pete," Jake said with a smile.

"Hey Jake, long time, no see!" They did a man-hug thing, and then Pete turned to the girls. "Hey girls, I'm finally meeting the beautiful Kill Barbie girls hey!" Tadem was the most confident. She stuck her hand out.

"Hey, I'm Tadem." Pete ignored her hand and hugged her.

"Drums right?"

"Yeah," Tadem laughed.

"Awesome. After our meeting and the finalization of your contract, I've got your drum tech lined up for you to meet." Pete turned to the other girls.

"I'm Holly," Holly grinned, stepping forward. Pete enveloped her into a hug too.

"Vocals, amazing ones at that." Holly blushed. "So you already have Vanesse for your vocal coaching, right?" Holly nodded her head. "And how are you finding her?" Holly shrugged.

"I like her, and she's helping me lesson the strain I put on my voice with the higher songs. I think she's great."

"Awesome. Right, which ones Harlee and which ones Avara?" He asked, turning to the last two. "I know, Avara is you," he pointed at Avara and smiled.

"Yup," Avara replied.

"And Harlee."

"Correct."

"Great," Pete smiled. "Well, let's get this show on the road, shall w
♠ ♠ ♠
WHO LOVES SHORT STACK'S NEW ALBUM?

I don't. What the hell happened to them?!?!?!?!!?

Thoughts???

[EDIT: Huge apologies for the random underlining and boldness. For some ungodly reason, it was in there. I've tried to fix it, but if it isn't fixed, then my computer is a slow-mo. <3 Kayla.]