Status: Sequellllllllllll! :)

My Words Are a Matter of Pride

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

At five past five the next morning, Holly found herself sitting in one of four chairs in a make-up caravan in the parking lot of an old castle-esk building in Adelaide, South Australia. Tadem was in a chair to her left, Harlee to her right, and Avara was on Harlee's right.

"He could of let us have a later photoshoot," Harlee muttered under her breath. Jake, who was sitting on a seat behind them heard and laughed. "Your jet-lagged, it's like the middle of the day or something for you." Holly sighed and closed her eyes for the girl doing her make-up.

"Okay," Jake said, clearing his thoat, "Avara and Holly voted on a fairytale sort of photoshoot, and because you two," he said, motioning to Harlee and Tadem, "didn't get back to me, so it's Avara and Holly's theme. Although, Tadem, you came to me yesterday about the Album art work you thought of, right?"

"Yeah."

"What was it?"

"I don't remember anymore." Jake sighed and rubbed at his eyes.

"I missed you girls like crazy, but I didn't miss your non-existant organization skills." Holly snorted and got a weird look shot at her from the girl working on her eyes. "Jane, would you like to explain to the girls what your doing to their faces?" A girl who was writing something down on a notepad nodded her head and cleared her throat.

"Okay, so seeing as you've decided on a fairytale themed photoshoot we've given you all earthy colours. Greens, browns, light pinks you know, those sorts of colours. Holly, because your not changing your hair from the black that it is, we'll put browns on you, it'll also bring out the blue in your eyes."

"What about my hair?" Holly asked.

"We're going to curl it, pin it up with clips, and add some tiny white flowers. Your all getting the smae hair do's." Holly nodded and smiled when the girl doing her make up informed her that she was finished. "Holly your free to do what you want until the others are ready." Holly stood up and then left the caravan.

HollyBurmingKB Just got my make up done. Waiting to see Avara, Tadem and Harlee's new hurrs.

After tweeting, Holly wondered over to the fours vans filled with fairytale-esk dresses. A man looked up when she wondered over. She, along with the other three girls, was still in her pajamas.

"Wanna see what we have picked out for you miss Burming?" He asked. Holly grinned and nodded her head.

"Yes please." The man stood up and lead her over to a blue van. It's doors were opened wide, and there were four clothing bags, three shoe boxes and a small make up bag filled with jewelery. The first bag held a beautiful yellow gown. The second bag held a pair of dark blue skinny legged jeans and a grey shirt with a picture of a pair of glasses, and the words: Smarty scrawled across it. The third bag held a very elegant looking red cocktail dress. and the last bag, held an off white, lacy pencil skirt and a plain grey singlet.

The shoe boxes held a pair of shiny black burlesque heels which were heels that Holly absolutely adored, a pair of beige thongs and lastly, a pair of green, white, black and blue nikes.

After she had seen all of the clothes, Holly thanked the man and wondered back over towards the caravan where the rest of her band were still getting their hairs done. She was just getting to the steps when she heard Avara yelling for her.

"H-Bomb, check out my hair!" Avara exclaimed excitedly. Holly climbed over the last three steps, grinned at herself for being so cool, and walked over to where Avara was sitting. Holly played with Avara's newly full on black hair, with it's rainbow fringe and giggled.

"Is there a pot of gold in one of your ears Vara?" She giggled.

"What?"

"Your fringe ends at your ears, and your fringe is rainbow!" Avara gasped and immediatly stuck her fingers in her ears.

"Ew," she muttered, "ear wax." Holly made a face and went back to the seat she'd been sitting in before, and waited for someone to get to work on her hair.

Ten minutes later, the four girls found themselves dressed in elegant gowns, and were being situated around the inside of the castle. Because Holly was the front woman of the band, she was seated on a throne, while Tadem leant up against the side. Avara and Harlee were leaning against a fire place where an actual fire was burning.

- † -


Jake led the girls into a small room where Kill Barbie's interview was to be, and upon hearing the sound of the door opening, the group of people in the room turned to see who was entering.

"Oh my god!" Harlee squealed.

"Its Danny and Jane from Channel [V]!" Avara finished. Tadem turned to Jake.

"Our interview is with Channel [V]!" Holly also turned to Jake.

"You didn't tell us our interview is with Channel [V]!" Jake scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Whoops."

"Girls," Danny, one of the Channel [V] presenters, said to get everyone's attention. "We'll be taping this," he said, gesturing to the TV crew in the room, "For [V]'s Upcomming Artists," he finished, unsurely. "That cool?"

"That's freaking awesome!" Harlee squealed.

"Best thing that's ever happened to us!" Tadem agreed.

"Well sit down," Jane, the other presenter laughed, pointing to the couch across from herself and Danny. The four girls rushed to the couch, each of them wanting the best spot. It turned out that Holly was in the middle, which was fair enough because she was the front-woman, with Avara to her right, Tadem to her left, and Harlee sitting on the left arm of the couch.

"So who's who?" Danny aked. The girls introduced themselves.

"Do you want to rehearse anything first?" Jane asked the girls. They all shook their heads.

"Better to be spontaneous," Holly laughed.

"And we can cut anything bad out later," Danny told them. One of the crewmen asked if they were ready to start, and when everyone nodded, he counted them in.

"Welcome back to [V]'s Upcomming Artists," Jane said to the camera, "Danny and I are here with the girls of Kill Barbie, Avara, Holly, Tadem and Harlee," She nodded to the girls as she said their names. "Girls how are you doing?"

"Wonderful."

"Swell."

"Blissful."

"Chipper."

"If you wanted the Thesaurus entry for the word 'Great', look no further," laughed Danny.

"Now this would be the part where we ask if you're enjoying the country, but that seems irrelevant considering you live here," joked Jane.

"That we do," Holly said.

"From Perth I understand," Danny added.

"The land of the Sandgropers," Avara nodded.

"And the best milk," Harlee added.

"Milk?" Danny asked, apparently confused.

"Harvey Fresh," Tadem stated proudly.

"So anyway," Jane laughed, "Is it true that you haven't released any CD's yet?"

"Correct," Holly said, "No singles, albums, music videos. Nadda."

"How is it that a band with no albums has gotten this much attention?" Danny asked, not rudely.

"Well," Avara said, "Once upon a time, about six months ago, we were just your average girls who had a little musical talent and a whole lot of spare time. We weren't well known at all. And then Holly here got us on Warped Tour in America where we started to get a lot of attention."

"And now," Harlee continued, "We're touring with Short Stack, which has gotten us even more attention."

"And we couldn't keep up," finished Tadem.

"But I hear you're going to be working on an album in the near future?" Danny asked.

"That's the plan," Holly said, "We were without a manager for a bit so we were kind of hopeless, but now he's back with us and kicking our butts because we haven't been 'working'. So after we've finished the Stack is the New Black tour, were going to start recording."

"We have a bunch of new songs we can't wait to mess around with," Tadem grinned, rubbing her hands together.

"How do you afford to keep your band going without selling any CD's?" Jane asked.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say that I never saw this band being a career," Avara said. The other three nodded. "We've never looked to make money out of it so sales isn't something we generally think about. And at the moment we don't need to. We won the chance to go on Warped, so we didn't need to be busting our asses selling stuff to pay for it. And when you're from Australia, it doesn't cost a lot to tour around it. So we've just been living off the sales from our merch."

"That seems to be working for you," Danny said, "Now I want to ask something that probably isn't my business, but it's got a lot of your fans interested." The four of them groaned, guessing what it would be about. Jane and Danny laughed. "I heard that while on Warped Tour, Holly was put on 'Bus Arrest', care to explain."

"Well," Holly sighed, "Not everyone you meet there is nice." Avara made a sound of agreement. "Somebody in another band hit Avara, so I beat them up." Jane and Danny laughed but didn't press the subject.

"So you're close then?" Jane asked.

"Like sisters. All of us," Holly said. They all embraced as best they could on the couch.

"While you're doing that," Danny said, "Were going to go to a video clip, it's Kesha's new one; Blah Blah Blah featuring 30h!3."

"Ooh I like that song," Holly said.

"This isn't live, so that's just for show," Jane said.

"It all makes sense now," Harlee said, open mouthed. Everyone laughed at her. Jane turned back to the camera.

"And were back with Kill Barbie, Perth's new hottest band. Holly, Avara, Tadem and Harlee."

"Aw that's sweet of you," Tadem said.

"So, speaking of video clips," Danny said "Have you got any videos coming out?"

"I think were supposed to be working on one pretty soon," Holly answered, "But I'm not quite sure."

"At this stage, have you got any ideas about what song you want to shoot one for?"

"Not really," Tadem said, "It'll probably be a new one though."

"There you go fans," Jane said, "Keep an eye out. There'll be new Kill Barbie music coming your way."

"Well seeing as there isn't a lot of things to talk about with you guys, no new singles or anything like that, we asked your fans to submit us some questions that they wanted us to ask," Danny told them.

"This should be fun," Harlee laughed.

"Well, we've gone and picked out the ones we thought would be most fun," Jane told her. "First; Have any of you ever eaten a crayon?"

"Random," Avara laughed, "I don't think I have, but I like the way they smell. Holly?"

"Nope, not that I know of. Tadem?"

"Nope, Harls?"

"Probably."

"Question two," said Danny, "What colour socks are you wearing?" Harlee started this time.

"I'm wearing odd socks," she said, looking at the floor in shame, "You're not aloud to look at them. Tadem?"

"Mine are," she paused as she took her foot our of her shoe, "White and pink. Holly?"

"Me and Avara have the same socks, but on different feet. We stole one of eachothers." They both took off their shoes and showed them to the camera. One on each girls had a banana and the other had an orange, and they both said 'Sex-a-peal'. Danny and Jane laughed.

"What was the last thing you ate?"

"I had a packet of Skittles on the way over," Avara said. The other girls said it was food from the plane.

"Were any of you Honour Role students in High School?

"Nope," Harlee said, "Well, Tadem was a bit of a teacher's pet in year twelve, but that was just for show."

"Avara and Harlee were pretty smart too, but none of us were ever that goody-two-shoes," Holly added.

The questions went on in a similar fashion until the interview was over. The band and the Channel [V] presenters thanked eachother, and the girls left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoooooop.

Things appear to be happening for Kill Barbie.