Status: Sequellllllllllll! :)

My Words Are a Matter of Pride

New songs, and new pathways.

"I am so glad we aren't playing a show tonight," Avara sighed as she collapsed on her bed in the hotel room.

"I know right," agreed Holly, "Up at 2 am to catch a plane, then straight into a five hour photoshoot, then to an interview. I'm so freaking tired and it's only lunch time!"

"I would like to sleep now, so shut up. Please," Avara said, laying down and closing her eyes.

"Atleast you got to sleep on the plane," Holly said. She dropped her bag and sat down on her bed to take her shoes off. "I had to sit next to some old dude who kept touching me."

"What?" Avara's eyes opened, "Explain."

"He kept rubbing up my arm. It was creepy," Before Avara could compare this to her flight experience, Harlee and Tadem walked into the room, letting the door loudly bang shut after them. Tadem had three McDonald's bags in her hand while Harlee followed with one bag and a tray of drinks, one of which she was drinking out of.

"We bring lunch!" Tadem exclaimed as she handed Holly and Avara a bag each, "Worship us." Harlee sat down next to Avara and handed her a drink while Tadem sat next to Holly and took another drink from the tray. Holly reached out to grab the last one but Harlee slapped her hand.

"None for Holly, because I drank out of all of them," she smirked. Holly smacked her and grabbed the drink, pretending to ignore her fear of spit, but failing. She eyed the tip of the straw and glared at Harlee. "I was kidding," Harlee laughed, "I didn't." After a few more minutes of suspicion, Holly drank her drink. The hotel room door opened again and Travis, the merch guy, walked in, followed by Jake.

"You guys should really lock this door," Jake said. Avara and Holly waved off his comment. "As your manager, I order you to lock this door."

"Your closest," Avara said between sips of her straw. Travis sat down on her lap.

"Cooper! What are you doing," she yelled, punching in the back with the hand that wasn't holding her drink. He ignored her and brought a small video camera out of the pocket of his hoodie.

"What are you doing with that?" Holly asked.

"Recording us chillin'," he replied. Jake sat down on Holly's bed and explained.

"Were making a dvd, to go with your first album."

"As front woman of the band," Holly started, mocking Jake's professional tone, "I'm ordering you to talk these things over with the band first.

"Holly," he said, knowing she was joking, "Can we make a dvd."

"Yes."

This had all been recorded by Travis, who was now sitting in Avara's lap giggling. He took a sip of her drink and she punched him in the back again.

"Cooper germs," Tadem said, faking a gag.

"In other news," Jake said, "Your boys are flying in tonight and I have arranged for them to stay at this hotel. Not that they would stay anywhere else..."

"By our boys, you mean...?" Asked Harlee.

"Short Stack. Which reminds me, I was talking to JCook yesterday."

"Camera off!" Avara shouted.

"Camera off," Travis repeated, turning the camera off.

"Go on," Avara said to Jake.

"He told me that he saw your new song on YouTube, and to tell you that he thought it was really really immature, yadda yadda."

"And you said...?" Harlee asked.

"That if he says anything like that about my Avara again, I will not only sue him for slander, I will punch him," Jake said as if it was no big deal.

"Will it be a falcon punch?" Holly asked.

"Oh Holly, I am going to Falcon Punch him so hard, his turban will fall off." Holly giggled and clapped her hands together in excitement.

"Hey Jake, do you know if this hotel has a pool?" Jake looked up at Tadem and his expression told the girls he had't been listening to her.

"What was that Tadem?"

"Does. This. Hotel. Have. A. Pool?" She said slowly. Jake stood up and wondered over to the open balcany and looked over the edge. A minute later, he came back in and sat down were he had been seated before.

"Yes, Yes this hotel does have a pool."

Holly and Avara decided they didn't want to go down to the pool for a swim. Avara wanted to nap on the comfy lounge on the balcany, and Holly wanted to sit on the couch with an acoustic guitar and narrate Avara's day with a song. Jake and Travis had followed Tadem and Harlee. A knock on the door made Holly stop playing the guitar and make a shocked face.

"I bet that's Justin Bieber!" She heard Avara laugh from the balcany, and then grinned at Avara as Avara walked past to open the door. It was Kyle. "That's not Justin Bieber." Avara cracked up laughing and shut the door. He knocked again.

"Your 'Justin Bieber' wants to talk to you Kody," Avara chuckled.

"Kody doesn't love Justin Bieber anymore."

"What would you do, if it actually was Justin Bieber at the stupid door?"

"Die sorta?" Avara snorted and re-opened the door.

"What do you want Bieber?" Kyle looked at Avara with the expression she'd seen him give her and Holly thousands of times before. It was a confused looke, mixed with amusement. "I said," Avara exclaimed, "what do you want Bieber?" Kyle laughed, and then stopped knowing his laughter wasn't wanted in this hotel room.

"Just wanted to ask Holly something." Avara took a bored glance at Holly, who yawned back at her.

"Princess Holly doesn't care what stupid Bieber wants." Kyle sighed and handed her an envelope. Avara took it curiously and stared at Kyle. "This a bomb?"

"No?"

"Okay," she said, "goodbye." And with that, she shut the door, threw the letter at Holly, and went back to sleeping in the sun on the balcany. Holly on the other hand sat and stared at her letter. With one swift movement, she ripped it open and unfolded the paper within.

I'm torn, I love you.

She thre the letter down and stomped off to look for her guitar. When she found it, she sat down and started to strum. She had lyrics in her head already, and she knew the song would be called 'Kyle'.

"Kyle," she sang loudly, strumming strongly against her guitar strings, "you were always there for me, you never went away from me. Yet when the time eventually came, you up and ran away from me." She set her guitar down and wrapped her arms around her knees, leaning her head down. "Kyle" she whispered, "I love you too."

- † -


Avara sighed as she heard Holly singing the same words over, and over again. She knew Holly still loved Kyle beyond anything and anyone ever before. Even her. With another sigh, she got up and tip-toed to the door, where she slowly and quietly opened it. She had one person in mind, and even though she hated that person as much as Holly loved Kyle, she knew he was the key.

She came to a stop outside his door and let a sigh slip out of her lips. She didn't want to see Jonathan Cook, let alone speak to him. But she knew it was for her H-Bomb, so she raised her hand and rapped her knuckles against the hard wooden door.

Marc answered the door, and he was abviously surprised.

"You do know this is Jonathan and Kyle's room," he said, "right?" Avara ignored him and pushed past him to where she could see Jonathan pretending he wasn't excited she was here to see him. "Avara!" She turned and glared at Marc. Marc sighed and shook his head. "Okay, if you insist."

"Cook, we need to talk, about Bieber." The look in Jonathan's eye was one of hope. He was used to Avara and holly's weird antics, so her coming her and saying something like that made him think they were back to normal. But only for a second. "I mean Burns."

"Why did you call him Bieber?"

"Not important," she told him, "what is important is that he's slowly breaking my H-Bomb's heart. She's sitting in our hotel apartment thingo singing a song about him because he just dropped by and gave her a letter." Jonathan didn't know what to say to her. Eventually, he settled on:

"What was in the letter?" Avara shrugged.

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Your her friend?"

"So?"

"So, couldn't you have just read it?"

"No?"

"Why not?"

"Because it's invading her privacy?"

"But she's your friend, and you want to help her?"

"Yes?"

"Avara stop it!" he exclaimed after a while, "Stop putting a question mark on everything!" Avara giggled.

"Sorry?"