Status: Active. You comment, I update.

Please Be Mine

Speaking the Truth

Was he kidding me? I mean...really?!

"What?" I asked not believing what he had just told me.

"Giselle, I promise nothing happened she just needed help," he said running his thumb over my knuckles while he was still driving.

"And I don't even want to know what kind of help she needed," I said taking my hand away from his touch.

"Excuse me? What are you trying to say?" Joe said getting a little mad. "Look, I'm just telling you this because I think it's nothing bad and you should know about," he finished shaking his head.

"Joe, are you serious? You just told me you spent the whole afternoon with another girl in your apartment all alone to 'help her' get through a 'heartache'. And that girl being Stacey. How do you expect me to believe that nothing happened?"

"Because it's true," Joe sighed. "Look let's get to the restaurant and continue this later."

I didn't even respond. I stared outside my window. I couldn't believe what Joe just told me. And the fact that he felt so guilty that he needed to take me to dinner just to tell me that made me sick.

We arrived to the restaurant and Joe parked his car. He went to open my door but I opened it myself not wanting his help. He frowned and just took my hand. I would've slipped my hand away from his but I didn't want people to notice and gossip start.

We were taken to our table and Joe pulled the chair out for me. Even though he always did this I felt he was doing it because of his guiltiness. He sat in front of me and took my hands in his. He started playing with my promise ring twirling it around. I wanted to pull my hand away badly but I knew I still had to listen to him. He deserved to explain.

The waitress arrived and handed us the menus then walked away. I started looking through it even though I already knew what I was ordering. I just didn't want to get to the Stacey subject. But of course Joe had to see through me and put my menu down.

"Giselle, look at me," he said. "Look I don't want you to act like this. Please. Just listen to me."

I didn't respond so he went on.

"Look, first of all I don't want you to think that I brought you here jut to tell you about this because I had it planned before Stacey stopped by. Now, I really want you to trust me. You know I always tell you the truth and nothing less. Alright?"

"Sure," I said nodding.

He sighed and continued. "Okay, so what happened is that I was at my apartment and since I had nothing to do I decided to watch some James Bond movies. When I was in the middle of the first one I heard the elevator doors open and heels and I really thought it was you. I mean just a few people know where Im living now and no one can get in my apartment so easily without my permission. So when I heard the heels I really thought it was you coming early because you just missed me that much," he smirked at his own words. "So I didn't even move from my spot on the couch waiting for you. Then I felt two arms running down my chest from behind and I closed my eyes at what I thought was your touch-"

"Ready to order?" the waitress arrived smirking at Joe when she saw the look on my face. Great another wh- girl wanting my boyfriend. We said our order and she scribbled it down. "Ill be right back with your drinks," she said about to leave sending another flirting look toward Joe.

"Actually you can bring them along the food. Thank you," Joe said. He wanted no interruptions I could tell. So 'Monica' as she introduced herself earlier walked away trying to look sexy swaying her hips uncontrollably. I shook my head and looked toward Joe.

"So, as I was saying," he continued. "I thought you were the one touching me so I kept my eyes closed. Then I felt her sit on my lap and I put my hands on her hips and before I knew it she attacked my lips. That's when I opened my eyes knowing it wasn't you. My hands didn't fit at her waist and her kiss was just disgusting. I swear I immediatly pushed her off me and I was just about to kick her out but she start-"

"Here's your food," Monica arrived with our plates and drinks. She practically tossed my plate and then sat Joe's in front of him with a flirting smile. I noticed she had unbuttoned down her shirt revealing almost all of her breast. I glared at her when she handed me my drink and she ignored me turning to Joe. He noticed and took my hand over the table intertwining our fingers. As much as I felt mad at him then I felt good when he did that telling the girl to back off. Monica finished setting everything on the table and walked away. I immediately pulled my hand away from Joe's grasp.

I started eating slowly and we were silent for a moment. I remembered just where Joe had stopped and I felt the tears coming to my eyes. I swallowed really hard and took a sip of my water. "So what happened then?" I asked Joe as much as it hurt I needed to know the rest.

He ran a hand through his hair and continued. "Well she started crying. Really hard. And I felt just so bad for her and when I asked her what was wrong she broke down completely. She told me she had just so much going on in her life and I'm sorry I can't tell you because I promised I wouldn't but it was terrible. So I offered her to stay and thought I could help her a bit. So I told her we could write a song cause that's what helps me get through hard times. And she accepted. She said she was starving so we ordered pizza and then started writing the song. It was pretty emotional because she just poured her heart out into the lyrics. So when we finished she thanked me. She said it really had helped her a lot. That I had helped her a lot. That she needed that support and that someone to talk to because she doesn't have muh friends here in LA since she just moved. And that she felt better thanks to me. And before I knew it she was kissing me and-" he stopped and sighed running a hand through his hair. And that told me there was something bad coming. I said nothing urging him to continue. And swallowed hard again trying to hold back the tears.

"Well she kissed me and I- it wasn't really on purpose but I may have- well I sort of- I kissed her back. But before you jump into conclusions it wasn't because I wanted to. I mean I did it because I just felt so bad for her I couldn't bring myself to reject her and hurt her more than she had been before. Even though I pulled away quickly and I regreted it I swear, Giselle. I just- I know it was wrong, completely wrong but I didn't know what to do. After that she left. I just wish you believe me that I had no intentions of hurting you. And it doesn't mean I wanted to cheat on you. You know I love you with my entire heart and no one else. But I felt you deserved to know this. So, I wish you can forgive me because I know it was completly wrong and I regret it. Can you do that, baby?"

At this point tears had found their way down my cheeks but I wiped them away immediately. I said nothing and focused on the plate in front of me. Joe reached for me across the table and I just excused myself.

"I'm going to the restroom. I'll be right back," I said and stood up taking my clutch with me. I entered the restroom and started crying hard. I needed to let it out. Hiw could Joe do such a thing? I kept asking myself that question. How could he cheat on me? That idea disgusted me. He had cheated on me. And that's something I can't stand in a guy. It just hurt me so bad that Joe would do that. And with Stacey. A girl who I had barely talked to but I was pretty sure was as fake as her..entire self. I started to feel really sick. I couldn't go out and face Joe again. So I took my phone out of my clutch and dialed Nathaly's number.

Hey G, how your date going?

"Uhm hey. Hey Nathaly do you think you could come and take me home? I don't feel really well," I said to her as my voice cracked a little.

I heard her excuse herself and some shuffling. I suppose she was with Nick and got the hint something had gone wrong with Joe.

Sure. What happened? Did you and Joe have a fight?

"Something like that. I just need to go home. Hurry up please."

Yeah, I'll be there in ten. Don't worry.

"Thanks." I hung up and cleaned my face. I walked to the table again and thank God Joe wasn't there. Monica arrived with some bread and I asked her if she had seen Joe. She said he had just entered the restroom. I nodded and she walked away.

He took really long so when Nathaly texted me she had arrived he was still in the restroom. I left a bill on the table not wanting Joe to pay for my food and rushed outside and into Nathaly's car.

When I got in she opened her arms for me and embraced me in a much needed warm hug. She let me cry all the ride. She decided it was better if I stayed at her house. I would feel so alone and wouldn't torture myself with questions and thoughts about Joe.

Joe's POV

I went to the restroom to wash my face. I knew Giselle was mad at me and I didn't blame her. I had really messed up. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and as corny as it sounds I felt disgusted with myself.

I walked out of the restroom and walked toward our table. Giselle was still in the restroom I assumed. She must've been really mad because she was taking so long. I called Monica when she was near our table and asked her if she had seen Giselle.

"Oh, but she left a while ago while you were still in the bathroom," she said trying to hide a smirk.

"Then I'm leavig. Keep the change," I said taking a bill our of my wallet and putting it on the table. Then I noticed there was another bill there. And that was my cue. She was more than mad at me. And she wanted nothing to do with me now. At least for a while.

I saved G's money and payed for the food. I stood up about to leave and felt Monica's hand on my back. I shook it off and didn't even look back. I practically ran to my car. I sat there just staring a the steering wheel. I grabbed it with so much anger making my knuckles turn white.

I was really mad at myself cause I knew I had hurt her feelings badly. And she had every right to be mad at me. I took my phone and called her. And of course she didn't answer. I tryed several times. Each time leaving a voicemail I knew she wasn't going to listed to but I had to try.

I felt the hot tears rolling down my face. I felt angry but not with her. With myself and somehow with Stacey. I mean what I didn't tell Giselle is that Stacey had apologized later for that behavior. She said she got caught up in the moment and because of her state she just needed that kind of comfort. It somehow made sense to me but it was the reason Giselle had walked out on me and wasn't answering my calls.

In the long time I've dated her we had never had a fight like this. And this wasn't even a fight. But an issue like this. And something told me this was not ending soon, and it was goig to get worse. Cheating is the one thing Giselle hates the most. And gaining her trust back would take me a lot of time. That was if she ever took me back.

I started the car and drove to my apartment. The whole ride I kept thinking of everything that had happened. How I had messed up really badly. Before I knew it I was already in the parking lot. It took me some time before I finally came out of the car. I slowly walked to the building. Then to the elevator. I rested against a wall thinking about how I could have her pressed against one of this walls if I just had backed off, or asked her to leave or anything else for that matter.

The elevator stopped on my floor. I slowly walked through the foyer. I set my keys on the table there and took of my shoes. I walked to the living room and stopped right in my tracks.

What was she doing here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's your update guys. Hope you like it. Please please leave your comments :) it only takes a minute :)

Again..I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. Again: college. But Im telling you one thing: I am not giving up on this story. Updates will come when I get the time to write.

Thank you for sticking with this for so long. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Thank you my lovely commenters. I'm sorry I haven't been thanking you personally like I used to because of the time. I'll try to do it this time.

Again, hope you like it. Leave your thoughts. Much love.

-Giselle.