Status: Active. You comment, I update.

Please Be Mine

Fight Goodbye

I stopped in my tracks. I just stared at her. What was she doing here? She looked up at me with a serious expression but I could see her swollen eyes, red from crying, and it broke my heart knowing that it was all my fault.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" I finally managed to say.   And she looked at me as if trying to find the words to speak. I hurried to kneel in front of the couch she was sitting on. "Hey baby, listen, I'm really-" I started to apologize again but she cut me off.

"Don't, Joe. I don't need to hear your apologies. I just came by to return something," she said looking straight into my eyes.

I gave her a confused look and stood up. "What? G, please just-"

She again cut me off, standing up just centimeters away from me, "here," she said and I looked down at her hand. She was handing me the promise ring I had given her. I looked up at her in disbelief. I could feel a hole in my stomach. She had put on a poker face and I was just about to break down. I mean, she was really leaving me forever. How could she take such a decision in such short time, about an hour to be exact. How could she be giving up on us so easily?

"What?" was the only thing I managed to say. I shook my head and pushed her hand away. I took a few steps back still looking at her in disbelief. "Giselle, are you serious? I'm not taking that. Put it on!"

"I'm sorry Joe but I can't wear this anymore," she handed me the ring once again and I just stared at her. "Fine," she finally said and slammed the ring on the coffe table. I finally saw the tears coming to her eyes. She picked up her clutch from the couch and walked past me, already leaving. I finally snapped into reality and grabbed her arm. She looked at me and tryed to loose my grip. I grabbed her shoulders and made her look straight into my eyes.

"Giselle, please, don't do this. You're going to regret it. Just give me a chance to explain everything," I pleaded.

She looked at me and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Joe. But if you know me enough you'll know that cheating is one thing I don't stand. And you know what, you're the one that should be regretful. Not me. Now let me go!"

"No!" I said loudly and hardened my grip on her arms. "I am not letting you go! Don't you think I regret everything?! Don't assume things when you've barely heard the story. I know you more than you think. And that's why I know you're going to regret it. I know you can't stand cheating and that's why I need you to listen to everything."

"And what difference will it make? You cheated and that's it. I don't want anything to do with a cheater. Now let me go Joseph!" she finally got out from my grip. I didn't try to make her stay or anything. It was useless. She walked through the foyer and stopped in front of the elevator.

She turned around and said, "you know Joe, I do love you. And I'm sorry for that," she said and closed her eyes to avoid the tears from falling.

"G, don't say that please, I love you more than you can imagine. Everything's going to be alright," I said and tried to embrace her.

"No, Joe. It's not! Don't you get it? It's over! It's been over since you decided to cheat on me. I'm sorry. Goodbye," she said and stepped into the elevator.

"Giselle! Come on! G! Please, baby!" I cried after her but she shook her head and I could hear a sob right when the doors closed.

I noticed then tears had found their way completely down my face. I started crying really hard. I just had the girl I love walk away from me. And I knew she would regret it. But I also knew how stubborn she was. And that wouldn't be to my advantage.

I shook my head and walked into the living room. My eyes landing on the ring laying on the coffee table. I sat on the couch Giselle had been sitting and grabbed the ring. I looked at it and felt disgusted. If only I had pushed Stacey away nothing of this would be happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy! Sorry for making you wait. Thank you so much to those who have stuck with this story and to my lovely commenters :)

Please leave your comments and tell me what you think :) I appreciate every comment :)

Next chapter should be up due to next weekend or so :)

-Giselle