Always and Forever

Bedtime

Chapter 2

Justin and I were on the couch watching old tv shows from the seventies(a tradition for whenever he came back from a particularly long photoshoot) I was wearing a pair of his boxers and one of his old tshirts. He was wearing a pair of old trackpants and and he was shirtless, I was trying hard not to stare at this display of male perfection.

" So when are you leaving again? " I asked. When your best friend is an a world reknowned photographer,who has been known to disappear at legths at a time, jetting off to places like Africa, India ect.,this is one the most important questions to ask.He looked up as I asked the question and I ended up staring into his crystal blue eyes. As always my heart sped up and my body began to throb with need. Though Justin and Ihave beenfriends for over fourteen years I still could not get over my attraction to him.But who could blame me? he was spendido,gorgeous, and impossible to tie down. Being bestfriends with Justin was like finding a dog,spending the whole summer bonding with it, then having the owner show upunexpectedly to take it back.

But I wasnt in that boat alone I was joined by the scores of women he's dated and they could tell you better than me the more you tried to hold on the more Justin let go.In my case as much as I wanted more than friendship I came to terms with the fact that it would never happen. So I had no choice but to move on.I was so deep in thought I didnt hear him answer.

"Sono spiacente, I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, I'm gonna stick around for a while" He repeated.I felt practically giddy , I was gonna have him for a while longer.

" So how's Aunt Marabelle ? "he asked referring to my very italian mother who tried to stuff him full of food everytime he came back from a shoot. She's also the same woman who made me speak only 75% english and the rest italian.

"She's belissimo, you know she's gonna want you to come for dinner this Sunday, right?"

"Looking forward to it. I shudder at the thought of eating your cooking everyday "He said with a smirk. I hit him halfheartedly. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap and up against his chest. It was torture being this close to him,I felt my body heat with desire, but of course he was totally oblivious to my reaction.He put his head in the crook of my neck and kissed it, it was something that he had done a million times before but this time was different, there was an underlying tension that wasn't there before. I shivered, then there was a heartbeat where we just stared at each other for a second I thought he was going to kiss me .Then he abruptly got up and announced that he was going to bed.And I was left wondering what would have happened if we had kissed.

"Goodnight" he said going into the former guest room, that had slowly become his.I said goodnight turned off the t.v. then I went into my room. And wondered why I even bothered , I would end up crawling into his bed anyway, we've been sleeping beside each other since we were kids why should it change because of one awkward could've been kiss.

I took a pillow, left my room and quietly knocked on his door." Come in, And " I smiled, opened the door, ran into his room and jumped on the bed. He let me slide under the covers and pulled me on top of his chest, this was different from before it was more tender than playful of coursethe ever present attraction was there, but not so much now as he lazily stroked my hair. As usual, when I spent the night with him,I kissed his bare chest and I quickly drifted off to sleep. Feeling completely safe and content with my bestfriend holding me in his arms.