Runnig from a Vampires Kiss

MY Own Personal Hell

Chapter 3

I woke this morning and thought about yesterday. About Hayden.I had trouble sleeping last night due to the excitement of seeing him again today.Don't judge me , if you had met a guy as hot as Hayden you'd be thinking about him too.

Then I got up and took care of the necessaries. I brushed my teeth , took a shower and washed my hair , it was almost to my waist which made kind of hard to maintain, but I would never cut it. It was one of the few features I inherited from my mother aside from my eyes and my height ( the eyes I'm fine with, the height not so much ).

The uniform of Horace E. Johnson High School, or as I like to call it: My Own Personal Hell, was the standard uniform.A plain white blouse, a navy blue jacket with the schools crest onit ,a navy blue tie, knee high socks and anavy blue and white skirt, it was rule at school that all skirts were to be below the knee, a rule that I obeyed, but every other girl inmy graduating class didn't. I put on my uniform then I put my hair in one thick braid. I finished my ensamble with some black and white tennis shoes and my glasses. I'm very nearsighted, thats why most of the tree branches were slapping me in the face, before I saw them. Yesterday in my haste to leave the house I had forgotten my glasses.

My glasses are huge, they covered half of my face and made me look like a redheaded owl.

I went downstairs and saw my father passed out on the couch. Robert Kylborne was still handsome , even though he had developed a bit of a beerbelly due to his excessive drinking. My father used to be a Navy SEAL, when I was younger, much to my mother's dismay, he taught everything he knew about being a SEAL, how to fight ect. He used to call me his" little sodier". When I was ten he was injured pretty badly, so he was forced to retire, ever since that he's suffered from bouts of depression, then he began drinking.

My mom died two years later.

When I got home last night, this was how I found him and the house had been a mess. When he was drunk he became disoriented , more than normal,and knocks things over, so thehouse was often a mess unless I cleaned it. Which was admittedly often.

I wasn't hungry so I grabbed my bagpack and iPod, then left. The only time dad left the house was to buy more beer.

The school was just four blocks from home, so it was a pretty short walk.

I was the first to get to class, so I just sat and waited until the teacher arrived. I took out my iPod and turned it on , Fake It by Seether came on after that I pretty much just listened to music and stared out the window from my seat at the back of the class.

*******sorry if this is short