To the End of Sweet Revenge

Rock on Baby

Sometimes I wonder how my life ended up being the way it is, not that I can complain cause I never would. It has been a tough trip but oh so worth it and I have loved every moment of it. Though nothing could compare to the news that my band and I were going to receive.

Finishing a practice one day we were all bumming around packing everything up ready to go to our next gig at a local bar, When our manager Jeff came storming in looking all huffed and puffed his cheeks were so red, now don’t get me wrong Jeff is pretty cool but at the same time can look like the biggest dork and at this stage he was.

So anyway he walked in where the girls and I were still packing our things up ready to get in to a little van that for some strange reason we named Bambi, So walking in he looked directly at me and started to speak “Dakota I have awesome news.”
“What Jeff?.” I asked.
“You guys are all going on tour.”
“What the fuck” Coco screamed.
“Yeh what the fuck” I asked again but this time rasing my voice a little louder.
“Linkin FUCKING Park want you at Projekt Revolution.”
“No FUCKING way” Jay screamed.

Before I knew it we were all jumping around like we were high on crack, so excited that we had booked our first ever proper gig and not only that but some of the biggest names in rock were going to be there like My Chemical Romance and the best thing was we were from Jersey too so we couldn’t wait to meet them.

Actually realising we were gonna be going on tour that meant tonight’s show would be awesome as we knew we would play our hearts out, but before I go on with my story I’ll tell you a little bit about my band, Well I’m Dakota Ackerson vocalist for Landslide and sometimes guitarist, also there is Jayana who is the guitarist/backing vocals but everyone calls her Jay she hate’s her full name and trust me I know from experience that when you call her that what she can do and it aint nice, then there’s Coco who’s the biggest nut and crazy bitch you will ever meet who plays drums and last but not least the tough cool bitch Mackenzie but we call her Mac who plays bass.

These girls are like my sisters and are the best people in my eyes that I could ever know, So we had finally calmed down and were realising that us LANDSLIDE were going on tour.

We had all cleaned up and were at the basement where we were gonna play our gig before going on tour, Getting up on stage for me and the girls was always like an adrenaline rush, nothing could compare to it not even sex.
The pure enjoyment and rocking away to the music was the best.

Image

So we went through our set and rocked our asses off, we had the crowd rocking along to our music and singing our words, nothing could describe the energy that we had up there.

When we had finally finished our set, we all decided to have some drinks
“Hey Coco...You’ll be able to finally meet your future husband” Mac yelled.
“That’s so totally true...we should warn him” I said while taking a swig of my corona.
“Fuck you guys...like he will wanna meet me and heck he already has a girlfriend...Lucky bitch” Coco said whining.
“Coke’s I’m sure if he was single he would want you” I said trying to cheer her up.
“Yeh right like Frank Iero would ever talk to me.”
“Ahh Coco...Don’t you remember we are going on tour and HELLO they will be there” Jay replied.
“Yeh I know but I can look from a distance anyway” Coco replied as she skulled her beer down and ordered another one.

Hours later we finally arrived back at our dingy apartment we all shared, going in to my room and looking at the clock I couldn’t believe it when it said 4am “Fuck” I muttered “So much for a good night sleep.”
Jeff would be here at 9am and unlucky for us that truly meant 9am, he was never late if anything always on time or maybe a few minutes early so that meant getting up in a few hours so we could pack our crap up and go to the first venue when we would receive more information

Getting in to bed I snuggled in to my blankets till I quickly fell asleep.

(A/N: Please comment, What do you think for the first chapter...comments and feedback greatly appreciated)