To the End of Sweet Revenge

I Want You To Love Me

Dakota’s POV

Looking towards Gerard the evening was absolutely wonderful all the thought he had put in to it was amazing, having someone treat me like this was so special. And now that I had it I didnt want to let it go.

Sitting down at the table where we both had glasses of wine, though Gerard’s was non-alcoholic we sipped while looking at each other, not able to take our eyes off each other nor say a word. It wasnt a silence where it was unbearable it was a peaceful one.

Gazing over at Gerard I couldnt help but let a big grin appear across my face.

Gerard returned the smile as he stood up from where he was sitting and walked over to me where grabbing my hand he pulled me up and planted a soft kiss on my lips, it was so intoxicating that such a small kiss could make you feel so much.

I needed to tell him now, not later, but now. I was afraid of how he was going to react but I was hoping he would find it in his heart to forgive me.

“Gerard I need to tell you something.” I whispered.

Looking at me he intently he said nothing. “Gerard seriously I need to tell you something.”

All of a sudden his appearance changed from relaxed to instant curiosity.

“What is it?” he asked with a whisper.

“Something I should have told you a long time ago and never let it come to this.” I replied.

I was finding it hard to be able to word it the right way, I knew no matter what it was still going to come across as bad, why I was having this sudden epiphany I had no idea. But I needed to let Grace and my past go.

To move on with my life and not to dwell in which I had been doing, not only was I bringing myself down but also the people I cared about as well were being impacted.

The selfishness and psychotic episodes needed to stop I was better then that, and I knew after what I’d told Gerard I’d have to prove it to him.

“Dakota what is it?”

Looking at him I could feel my body quiver in fear on how he was going to react but I knew I had to go fourth. “What we have isn’t real.”

“What do you mean, What we have isn’t real?” Gerard gasped.

“I’ve been lying to you from the start, this person you have come to like isn’t really me. I wanted to hurt you to make you pay for being such an ass to me when we first me, and then the pranks we done made me start to dislike you further. You became my obsession, someone I could destroy to break their heart and you became my target. I was hellbent on destroying you. That the best way I thought I could get to you was by tormenting you, picking at you, then turning everything around.”

I waited for a reply but I got nothing, rather Gerard looked me up and down with hurt eyes. So rather I continued.

“The worst of it was and still is that I’m falling for you. I tried so hard to suppress the feelings I feel for you but I cant anymore. I cant lie, I’m hurting so many people around me that it’s not fair to anyone, no one deserves this kind of treatment.”

“Was everything you ever told me a lie.” Gerard asked with a angry tone.

“No it wasnt when I told you about my past that was the truth, that I promise. Not that I think you will believe me after all the lies I’ve spun.”

“How could you do this to me, after I was giving you my heart?”

“I was angry with life in itself, the way I’d been treated, I let it get to me thinking the only way I could truly heal was by hurting other people. I’ll be honest after what happened I felt like I couldnt trust anyone, especially to fall in love to give someone my heart. I didnt think I deserved that.”

“Your fucking sick Dakota, I loved you...I don’t know why, but I wanted to be there for you, to help and guide you. And now you come out and tell me that you’ve never really liked me, that you were only using me. Your sick and you need help.

Tears started to instantly flow freely from my eyes. Looking at Gerard I could tell that he despised me and it was hurting more then I could imagine.

Gerard’s POV

Listening to the words come out of Dakota’s mouth was heart wrenching, I knew she’d had a plan on hurting me but to actually hear the words from her was so hard. I wasnt expecting this at all and I had no come back for her, nothing that I could say.

I was feeling angry, my feelings were boiling over and I was starting to loathe the person that she’d become.

“Gerard I’m so sorry really I am.” She said as she looked towards me with sorrow in her eyes.

I needed to escape but yet felt so compelled to stay where I was. I wasnt going to tell her that I’d known for some time now I wanted her to spiral out and feel how I felt when Jay had first told me. To me Dakota deserved a little more pain in her life.

“I should have been more careful. I was blinded by your halo, so I never noticed the horns" I said in a pit of anger.

Dakota looked towards me for forgiveness and there was no chance in hell that she was going to get it from me, she deserved nothing but a life of misery, and I wasnt going to be a part of it. I knew I deserved better then this.

Dakota spoke again “I’m falling in love with you, that’s why I’m coming clean...I know your angry and you have every right to be especially after what I wanted to do, but please forgive me for my actions.”

Her words felt so sorrowful and I knew that it was coming from her heart and for the first time ever I was seeing the real Dakota.

“Dakota you don’t deserve my forgiveness and you will never get it, now get the FUCK out of here, your just a pathetic bitch” I yelled in anger needing her to leave.

She grabbed her bag that was on the table and headed to the door but first glancing over and whispering. “ If I could control my heart, I would stop it from falling in love with you. But I cant I am falling in love with you.”

With that Dakota left and closed the door, not sure of what to do next I grabbed the bottle of wine that was on the table and threw it at the door in frustration.

Dakota’s POV

Closing the door behind be I could feel my heart break, it was hurting so much that I wasnt sure what to do. I knew to expect this but to hear the words was worse, especially after I’d been so honest in declaring my feelings in which I’d never done before. And then to be shot down made it all that much worse.

I knew I deserved it, after all I had been a manipulating bitch. My past had finally bitten me in the ass and I was never going to get my happily ever after, and as for my sweet revenge that was also off the cards.

Finally getting back to my room, outside the door I could hear laughter and music, wiping the tears away from my eyes. I entered where all looked at me, not wanting to say anything to anyone I bolted in the bathroom where I locked the door.

Instantly I heard a knock on the door and then a voice. “Dakota come out and party-y-y-y” Coco said with a drunk voice.

Ignoring her my body slumped to the floor where I cradled my face in my hands as the warm tears flowed freely yet again.

How I was going to over come this I had no idea and what my future had in store for me was terrifying.

Loud sobs came from me as I thought of how I’d lost the one person that really cared for me, it stung so much that it was still hard to fathom that I’d thrown the best thing away ever to enter my pitiful life.