To the End of Sweet Revenge

What Were You Thinking

Mikey's POV
Watching Gerard crumble it was to hard to watch and truly understanding was making it worse. All I wanted to was walk over and sooth his pain and let him know that it was all ok but when seeing me he wanted nothing to do with me.

He had turned away to wallow in his own misery which for me being his brother was extremely hard to watch.

As he crouched down on the concrete and cried his heart out. This for me was becoming hard as I hated seeing him like this and going through the pain no one should ever have to of heartbreak and despair.

But yet I felt compelled to watch, not wanting to leave him alone as his world started to crumble around him.

It seemed like he sat there by himself for ages, and before long one of Dakota's band mates Coco walked out, with a happy smile on her face.

"Why is Gee so upset?" She asked.

I said nothing as she walked over to where he was.

Gerard's POV
This was all becoming so hard, there was nothing more that I wanted to do besides to be able to hold her one last time, to kiss her soft lips. But it was never going to be.

Looking away I could feel a presence watching over me, as I looked up I could see that it was Coco.

"Coco go away." I mumbled.

"Gee, what's wrong why are you so upset?" she asked.

"Why do you think?" I snapped in anger.

"Look I know you’re stressed but you ran off before you heard Richard and Wanda speak." Coco softly replied.

"What for, I knew exactly what they were going to say…DAKOTA'S DEAD…what more do I need to know."

"No she's not." Coco whispered.

"Huh?"

"Dakota isn't dead, her surgery was a success, they were able to remove the bullet, and stop the internal bleeding. She is however unconscious’s at the moment…They have her heavily medicated and don’t expect her to wake up for a couple of days, as they want her body to start healing first." Coco answered.

Looking towards her I wasn’t sure what to believe, I had been certain that she was no longer with us anymore. But here Coco was telling me that she was actually ok.

"Gerard she's still here, do you wanna see her?" Coco asked, as I finally stood up off the ground and started to wipe the tears away from my face.

"You’re not joking?"

"NO Gee…she's here…I promise, Dakka…wont give up with out a fight." Coco replied with a smile.

Instantly I grabbed hold of Coco and pulled her in to a deep hug.

"Ahh…gee…c-cant bre-athe…" Coco stammered to reply.

"Sorry." I said as I let her go, with a smile beaming across my face. Feeling stupid on the way I had overreacted.

Mikey was still standing back and watching me, full of happiness I pulled him in to a brotherly hug and yelled. "She's alive."

Mikey smiled and let out a laugh.

Letting go of the sorrow I was feeling, I followed Coco and Mikey back in to the hospital where they took me directly to where Dakota's room was, the curtain and door was closed, but after softly knocking I could see Dakota's parent s sitting with their daughter.

Looking down at her she looked so peaceful, as if she were only asleep not heavily medicated on medication. As they saw me both got up and started to walk away.

"We will let you spend some time with her." Richard spoke as both him and his ex wife walked out of the room and left me and Dakota alone, even though she was asleep.

Sitting down besides the bed I couldn’t help but study her face, her bruises had fully come out and she looked worse then what they were especially with all the tubes that were, however she finally looked in peace.

I could feel a tear slide down my face as I placed my hand in hers, there was no movement on her behalf but I didn’t mind.

Knowing she was still alive was the greatest gift I could receive, all I needed now was her to finally awake.

Sitting there I said nothing at first…I guess in away too scared to make a sound, all that I could hear was the heart monitor, which was keeping an eye on her heartbeat, and the sound of the breathing apparatus.

"Baby you have to get better for me ok." I whispered. "Cause I need you, I love you Dakota, I know you cant hear me right now and if you did, I'm sure you'd think I was crazy. But please get better." I finished saying as I held on to hand tight.

Staying with her the through the night I couldn’t leave her and I didn’t want to, I wanted to be there when she woke up and saw familiar faces, to show her I was never going to leave her ever.

She truly was my world, it was so uncanny how I was able to open my heart again to new love, but besides Dakota’s antics, she certainly was the one and soon I’m make sure she was mine forever. There was no one else for me and there was never going to be anyone else.

Time passed by very quickly and before I knew it, morning had come and all I could smell was the beautiful smell of coffee, as my nose twitched I knew I needed a cup, I’d hardly gotten any sleep as nurses had constantly come in checking Dakota’s vitals, which they said were normal for the state of recovery she was in.

The police and FBI had also been by taking statements, as they were aware with me, I wasn’t going to leave Dakota’s side till she woke up.

But when she woke up that no one had a clue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Had you going there...mwah hahahaha *evil laugh* lol

hope you enjoyed and loved the little twist there :-)