To the End of Sweet Revenge

Waiting Till The End

Gerard’s POV

3 days had passed and Dakota still hadn’t woken up, the doctors had taken her on her medication in hopes she would slowly wake up but after 24 hours it was like there was still no sign of life, rather it was as though she was quite content to stay asleep.

I had hardly left her bedside and when I did I would begin to fret thinking that she would wake up and that I wouldn’t be there and then she would think that I no longer loved her.

I had told myself that I was never going to leave her side again, whether she liked it or not she was stuck with me.
A few more hours had passed and Dakota’s vitals were still the same, I only hoped she woke soon. The doctor’s were confused at why she wasn’t waking up, as she had no swelling around the brain and her body to them was healing beautifully.

Finally the guys conned me to leave and to go back to the hotel to have a shower, there excuse was that if Dakota woke up the last thing she would want to smell was me, honestly I thought I smelt ok, but it had been a couple of day’s since I’d last taken a shower.

In the end I knew they were right, for the moment I needed to get out of there and clear my mind and then come back to her all refreshed. So as I walked back in to the room, I continued to stare at Dakota while she peacefully slept, bending over I pecked her softly on the lips and whispered. “I love you.”

Walking away I headed back to the hotel with the rest of the guys and my brother.

Dakota’s POV

Hearing all these voices was hard, all telling me they loved me and that I needed to wake up. Why did I need to wake up I could hear everything they were saying. Who was saying things that I couldn’t work out, there were so many voices and all I could truly make out was the words. It was confusing there was this one person who had a sweet voice that was practically begging me to wake up.

Who this person was I had no idea, but it seemed liked they cared for me very much, but being where I was it felt safe if I opened my eyes, I’d be there in the unknown. But having a choice was a different story, my body knew it was ready even if I wasn’t ready.

As my eyes opened, they started to blink as they were hit with light coming from an unknown source. As I started to shuffle, I could feel some thing pull on my wrist, when looking at it there was a long plastic cable connect to this bag that had liquid in it, I had no idea what was going on and here I was all alone.

I needed to get out, out of this unknown place, but as I started to move I could feel a sharp pain come from my abdomen area, it tore through my body like a wave crashing against the sand, it was insatiable. Lifting up the gown it exposed my stomach that was wrapped up in some form of bandage, pulling at it I finally ripped it off which showed a red line that had been stitched up.

No thoughts were coming to mind on how this happened, why didn’t I know...trying to think I was coming up with nothing, now this was starting to frighten me...Why couldn’t I remember what happened.

Trying to move, I pulled the blanket off the rest of my body, but as I started to move a beeping sound came from one of the machines that were in this tiny room as a sticky substance pulled off my skin.

Before I had a chance to move let alone say anything, I could hear someone yell code blue and the rustling sound of footsteps coming from the corridor. Then like whoosh a female came in and looked at me in surprise as I also sat there surprised.

“Hello there...” she yelled a little too loud.

Before she could say anything a few more people had rushed in to the room and now were all staring at me as well, as I continued to look back utterly confused.

“Hello.” I softly whispered finding the courage to speak to these unknown people.

“I’m Jenna...How are you feeling?”

“Ok. Where am I?”

“Your in a hospital.”

“Oh...why?”

“Ahh...I think we should get your doctor.” The Jenna woman replied.

Remaining quiet my eyes just followed as they all started to back out as I continued to sit on the hospital bed, it was becoming all confusing on why I was in a hospital and what had happened. There was still nothing that was coming to mind no matter how much I tried to remember and if anything that was the most scary thought, not actually knowing.

Gerard’s POV

Finally back at the hospital, I was glad to be back, in the lift with Mikey the rest had decided to stay behind, the girls had decided to get some sleep and if anything changed for us to call them. Dakota’s parents were exactly the same knowing they also needed rest. So that when they came back they were fully refreshed for when their daughter woke up.

I prayed that she woke up, I needed her...

Walking to her room, I could see there was a little bit of commotion going on outside her room, speeding my pace up I walked over to the nurses who were standing there.

“Mr Way your back.” Jenna replied, she had been Dakota’s head nurse always checking her vitals and making sure everything was right with her.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“She’s awake.” Jenna replied.

“Oh my god...can I see her?”

“We are waiting for her doctor, but I don’t see why not.”

Elation took over, she was awake wanting to come back to be, quickly I headed in to her room while Mikey waited outside.

Looking at her, she was sitting on her bed with her legs dangling, she looked at me in surprise. Smiling at her, I walked over to her and embraced her in my arms, but didn’t get the reception I was expecting rather then embrace me back she pulled away looking towards me frightened.

“Dakota what’s wrong?” I asked.

Looking towards me, I could tell she was trying to study me, it took awhile before I got an answer but then it came and boy was this one think I was certainly not expecting.

“Who are you?”