To the End of Sweet Revenge

Why Am I Like This

Gerard’s POV

Heading them words come out of Dakota’s mouth absolutely put me in shock, here I was now standing in the corridor having been taken out of the room after I had told her who I was and yet she still had no idea. What was causing this I had no idea. The doctor was in with her at the moment.

Hopefully finding answers cause I certainly needed them, this out of all things was not was I thought would happen.

Time passed as Mikey sat with me, we waited and waited and still the doctor hadn’t left Dakota’s room.

Starting to tap my feet I was becoming impatient, all I wanted to know what was going on, but no one was willing to give me any answers, eventually I saw Richard and Wanda walk past who smiled towards me as they walked in to Dakota’s room. Once again I was left empty handed as I was still in the corridor of the jersey hospital waiting to find out what was happening.

“Mikes I don’t know how much more of this I can take, I’m so tempted to go in there.”

“Just be patient, if she has some form of memory loss for all you know she could be freaking out right now and the last thing she needs is some one to go in there with guns blazing and you know exactly that you would do that.” Mikey responded.

I just nodded in agreement knowing that Mikey was right and I really just need to be a bit more patient whether I liked it or not.

More time lapsed and I was starting to get pissed again after Mikey had already calmed me down once, but then low and behold the door opened and out walked the doctor along with Dakota’s parents.

Looking towards them they walked over, there were no expressions besides straight faces.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Gerard she’s fine, she was just in a state of shock, the doctor here has told us she will regain everything she lost, its her short term memory that has been affected. She know’s who Richard and I are and she remember’s her band, being accepted to play at projekt revolution, but meeting you that she cant remember, nor can she remember what happened to her and why she is here in the hospital.”

My mouth stayed open as Wanda continued to tell me that I could go and see her and explain who I was that I could mention I was her boyfriend, but one thing not to pressure her, nor expect anything as the doctor was under the impression that since Dakota’s attack she had decided to sub-consciously put a wall up not wanting to remember what had happened and hence all that had happened to us over these past couple of months were now hidden somewhere in Dakota’s mind.

It was hard to fathom what Wanda had explained to me, but it gave me an understanding, she was in shock and deep down she didn’t want to relive what had happened to her, what made me sad was that the memory of me had also been blocked.

Opening the door I walked in where I saw Dakota sitting on the bed looking at the wall, confused at why I was there.

“Hi” I said as I walked in and closed the door behind me.

“Hi” she whispered softly.

“How are you doing?” I asked.

“Could be better...”she muttered.

“Yeh I heard...I’m sorry you cant remember everything but it will comeback.”

“I hope so, My parents said you and I were involved, is that true...cause your the guy from My Chemical Romance right?” she asked literally having no idea who I was. It was starting to become overwhelming and I could only imagine what she was going through.

Dakota’s POV

Staring at the figure that stood before me, I had finally worked out who he was and what made it weird for me was that my parents had told me was that we were involved, that he was my boyfriend, thinking about it I thought that was crazy. Why would he want to go out with me for, what could I offer him.

As he started to talk, none of it was making sense in how we had met at a music festival and that at first we didn’t like each other and would play horrible pranks on each other, which made me laugh, but then we had over come that when we had realised our feelings for each other.

He truly seemed like a nice guy, but I wasn’t able to feel anything for him and to me that was sad, not only was he nice and caring but he was bloody hot and somehow I had snared him, which I couldn’t even imagine.

What was killing me more was that no one was telling me why I was here or how I got here, inside I wanted answers but I wasn’t sure how to ask and whether I should, I was assuming I’d been in a car accident or something like that due to the scar that was now on my body and the pain that I felt through my whole body.

I’d ask but I wasn’t sure when, I needed to find out more about the last couple of months that I has lost and knowing why I was here was the least of my worries, more then anything all I wanted was my memories back. But my brain and I weren’t comprehending together as the doctor had put it. Which to me had made me laugh.

But soon or so I hoped things would start to come back, the doctor had told me it was going to take time and I was willing to wait until it all came back.

But with Gerard by my side that I didn’t know, I felt like I didn’t know him but yet he knew a lot of stuff about me which seemed to make it more confusing.