To the End of Sweet Revenge

Is It Really Goodbye?

Dakota’s POV

It had been nearly two weeks since I’d last seen Gerard and everything in my mind was fully restored, everything that I had shut away had come back, as much as I hated thinking of it, I was glad it was there so that I could finally get the pain out of my system.

As for Gerard, as much as I loved him, I needed to focus on myself and not a relationship, I needed to be able to think for myself, to do what I needed when I needed in order to heal, to overcome this traumatic experience I had gone through yet again.

As much as I knew it was hurting Gerard, I couldn't think of his feelings, maybe it was me being selfish but it was what was needed in order to heal, that was what was keeping me going in pushing away the man that I truly loved, I needed to be the bigger person.
To finally make that sacrifice and forgo the relationship I had longed for.

It was slowly getting easier but I couldn't help but have him on my mind constantly, I knew the girls had been giving him updates on me and as much as I thought it was sweet at the same time I wanted him to forget so that he could move on with his life and fine another love.

Today the day had come where the girls and I were going to be renting an apartment in LA to focus on our music before we started a nation wide tour, not having a manger was making that a little difficult however our label had been fully supportive with the decisions we were making and happy to support us in our music and what lay ahead of us in the future.

It was sad that we were unable to complete the rest of the projekt revolution tour, but the reports we had heard was that everyone was understanding and being very supportive not only to me but my band as well and I couldn't ask for more then that.

Having all my stuff packed I was ready to go like all the others were as well. This was exciting at the same time as I was actually being given a fresh start after all the shit I had been through. My philosophy on it was though it had happened I needed to move on and not dwell on the past.

As much as I hated Jeff, I also felt sorry for him, how by one action so many years ago had caused him to become insane and hell bent on wanting to make me suffer, over something I always thought was so minuscule. But in the end it hadn't been and with that I had nearly lost my own life.

“Coco...what time is our flight?” I yelled from my room.

“Um...in a couple of hours, we have to go shortly.”

With that I walked out of my room and in to the lounge area where Jay and Mac were sitting with there suitcases.

“Dakka, are you sure about not seeing Gee?” Mac asked.

Looking towards her I politely smile. “Yeah Mac...he needs to move on, right now I gotta think of me, I know it’s hard for him cause I’m pushing him away, but right now I just cant be with anyone.” I sighed as I tried to drop the conversation.

“He loves you...you guys could get through this, maybe Gee could come to LA as well.” Coco replied.

“Coco...right now I cant be distracted I need to be by myself, as hard as it is for me in the end this is the right decision.”

Coco looked towards me and smiled, if anything I just wanted them to understand I hadn't come up with decision lightly, I wanted him more then anything but right now it was what was best for me, I needed this. I needed to heal in the end that was what made it. I needed to experience this cruel world by myself, to understand who I was as a person.

Not to have someone that would love me, where I would be distracted, I needed to have clear thoughts, so I could finally overcome all the emotions that I was holding inside.

Image

As the clocked ticked away, I heard a soft knock at the door, thinking it was the taxi, I went to the door and was shocked to see Gerard standing there, looking towards me with the biggest amount of love I had ever felt.

“Hi.” I whispered meekly.

“Hey...I was wondering if we could talk?”

“Ahh...now’s not a good Time, I’m about to go to the airport.” I managed to reply while still staring at him unable to take my eyes of his physical features.

“I wont take long...I promise, can you give me 5 minutes please?” he asked with determination in his voice.

Sighing I opened the door further and got him to follow me in to my room where out of the corner of my eyes I could see the girls smiling that Gerard was here, more then likely thinking that he would sweep me off my feet again.

In my room I stood there before him as I waited to hear what he wanted to say.

“Don’t leave.” were his first words.

“Gerard I have to...I’m sorry really am, but I need this more then you know, I need a fresh start to get away from Jersey where everything happened, to start over. Please if you love me you will let me go.” I whispered.

Slowly I could see his heart break as was mine, but I had to go on.

“We could make this work, if you open up I could help you.”

“I know what your saying but this is a journey I need to take by myself, my focus is moving on and making new music with my band. I’m sorry that this isn’t what you wanted to hear, but I need this.”

“I love you and it hurts to let go.”

“I know I feel the same, but I have to.”

“If it hurts you can stop it, come back to me.” Gerard pleaded.

Tears were welling in my eyes, this was harder then I thought, but I was going to make it through it, to become a better person in the end. As I gazed towards him I knew he was now starting to realise that my decision was final.

“I’ll wait for you.” he said as he headed towards my door and with that out of my life.

Image

Time passed and before I knew it I was buckled in to my seat on the plane waiting for it to take off, life was finally going to start, I’d just said goodbye to the person I loved the most...but now my fresh start that I deserved was going to begin, gazing out the window I welcomed it forward excited about what my future now held.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
So GUYS what did you think...please comment and let me know...I'm excited to get your feel of the story :-)