More Than Lost

Shut it, you two!

“What do you mean cannibals?” asked Elise in a dangerously calm voice.

“What do you think I mean you Muppet?” screeched Sinead. “I mean people that are going to eat us!”

“Well, where are they?” asked Luke, looking around him confused. Then he froze and his face went white and he whispered, “Oh...” Then he turned around and started running back toward the forest. The others stared after him for a second with exasperated looks on their faces and then ran after him.

They all pounded through the forest, their hearts hammering. They were all waiting for the sound of cannibals chasing after them but it never came. Eventually four of them stopped and rested against some trees, Alexis fell on the floor.

“Ok...we need to... think of a plan.” said Alex.

“Thanks for that Captain Obvious.” replied Sinead, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“Well at least I am actually thinking ahead.” grumbled Alex.

Sinead was about to reply but a voice from below cut her short, “Shut it you two.” Both Alex and Sinead glared at Alexis.

“Ok, this is what we are going to have to do,” said Elise, ever the practical one. “We are going to stay here for the night, find something to eat as we’re all hungry. Then tomorrow we will go back to the beach and see whether the cannibals are still there. If they are we wait until they’re gone. If they’re aren’t there then we work on the raft until it’s big enough for all of us and a ton of food. Then we sail back to main land.”
No one said anything for a while after until Luke broke the silence, “Well, I’m not complaining, I’m starving!”

Everyone sighed at the pure Lukeness of it, and then they all went off to find food. Afterwards they all climbed into trees so that the cannibals wouldn’t see them if they happened to come by; Sinead and Alex grumbling over the fact that they had to share a tree.

Once Alexis had shouted at them to shut it again they all managed to go to sleep...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!” Then a thump; everyone all woke up.

“The cannibals are attacking!” screamed Luke.

“Shut up, Luke” came a highly annoyed voice from the floor: Sinead had fallen out of the tree.
Alex was laughing hysterically, so much that he was eventually shut up by himself falling out the tree too.

“Serves you right...” grumbled Sinead.

“Well, now that we’re all up we might as well head over to the beach.” said Elise, once again practically.

“I might not be able to make it,” moaned Sinead dramatically, “on account of my broken back and all!”

“Stop whining, you weren’t that high up.” said Alexis.

“You can never tell with these things, though...” said Sinead mysteriously for no apparent reason.

Everyone looked at her strangely for a minute before laughing. Alex held out his hand to help Sinead get up with.

“Come on, let’s get going.” said Alexis.

Eventually they got to the beach. Elise peered cautiously over some tall ferns to see whether the cannibals were still there.

“It’s ok, they’re gone.” she stage-whispered over her shoulder.

“Thank God.” said Luke and he started walking toward where they had left the raft. Every one followed him.

When they turned the corner of the beach and saw the place where they had left the raft they were horrified to see their precious raft in pieces and ‘Ha-ha’ written in the sand beside it.

“Those cannibals have one mean sense of humor.” remarked Sinead.

“How did they learn to write anyway?” asked Elise.

“I don’t know and I don’t care all I know is we’re going to have to start from scratch so we better get started.” said Alex, which was a surprisingly useful thing for him to say.

“Ok, let’s get started then...” sighed Alexis.

Everyone left to go and find materials for the raft (making sure that they didn’t go anywhere near the cannibal huts). They worked hard, well, most of them anyway. Alexis was more interested in the baby turtles she found some way up the beach. Once they finished the raft and tested it out for maybe a bit too long, having fun pushing each other off. They set about making food holders and finding the actual food.
Eventually they finished. The raft was about ten times bigger that it had originally been and had a sort of railing round the edges of the raft. They had made little baskets out of reeds to hold the fruits and the coconuts.

“We officially rock.” stated Sinead.

“I second that.” replied Alex. Sinead looked at him strangely.

“Are you ready guys?” asked Elise, a huge smile on her face.

“You betcha!” replied Luke.

They all clambered on and each grabbed a paddle. Alex sat next to Sinead and she eyed him suspiciously.

“If you annoy me at all I will not hesitate to throw you overboard.” Sinead told him.

“I’m sorry but that will never happen?” Alex replied smoothly.

“Oh yeah, why not?”

“Because I’ll push you off first.”

“Never gonna happen, sorry.”

“Do you want me to prove it to you?”

“There is nothing to prove. You suck and I rock, that’s the end of it!”

“Now you’re in for it!”

SHUT IT YOU TWO!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it! :)