Warmth.

one.

Die shivered, his eyes snapping open, a frown forming on his face as he looked around the dark room sleepily. Why was he so cold? He was wrapped up in the covers like a butterfly in a cocoon and yet, goose bumps were covering every inch of his skin. It was ridiculous.

He shivered again, the pout becoming more pronounced and he tried to get his groggy brain to think of a suitable solution to this problem. He could get a jumper but the wardrobe was too far away. He could turn the heating up but then Toshiya would moan at him, saying it was too hot. Wait… Toshiya….

Die turned his head to the man sleeping next to him, an impish smile spreading across his lips, lightly touching the younger man’s shoulder with his finger. Toshiya was always warm and there he was, lying sprawled on the bed, inviting the guitarist to just… borrow some of that heat. Surely, he was entitled to take that invitation?

He slowly moved closer to the bassist, until his head was resting on his muscular, deliciously warm shoulder and his arm was draped over that lovely chest of his. ‘A little better’, Die thought, smiling softly, ‘but not warm enough.’ He continued nudging closer, until finally he was warm and comfortable enough, a small content sound escaping his throat as he nuzzled his head into the crook of Toshiya’s shoulder and got ready to go back to sleep.

Unfortunately for Toshiya, Die had continued shifting until he was literally lying on top of him, the guitarist’s weight dragging him out of his sleep and making him grumpy. “What the hell, Die?” He asked, his voice thick with tiredness, as he tried to look for the older man through his blurred vision. He didn’t get a response, only a happy little purr from the suddenly warm man above him and so he poked him in the side, making the purr turn into a grunt. “Daisuke!” Die grunted again to show he was listening. “In case you hadn’t noticed, we have a double bed… why are you lying on me?”

“It’s cold,” The guitarist explained, his voice sounding a little whiny due to just being woken up and he clung tighter to the younger man beneath him. “And I’m comfortable here.”

“You’re comfortable?” Toshiya grumbled, rolling his eyes. “Oh, well, that’s alright then!”

“Good,” Die smiled contently, nuzzling deeper into the bassist’s neck, inhaling his scent. He was too tired to register the sarcasm and wouldn’t have moved anyway. Toshiya sighed, wondering if he should just succumb to his fate, a small smile escaping him at yet another content sound leaving the older man’s throat and the way his breath tickled his neck.

“What time is it?” He had to ask, since if it was nearly time to get up, he could deal with being a pillow for a while longer. But he wasn’t hopeful, judging by how dark it was.

“Half four.”

Toshiya groaned loudly, trying to shift a little but Die was relentlessly clinging on, unwilling to give up his newfound warmth. “Why are you awake?” He asked grumpily, his eyes narrowing slightly, not caring if the question was a little strange. “You never wake up until about midday.”

“Well… if it weren’t for you talking to me, I’d still be asleep.” Die smiled softly, lifting his head to look the bassist in the eye, giving him a little peck on the lips.

“So, it’s my fault?” The younger man raised an annoyed eyebrow, then chuckled, shaking his head and looking up at the guitarist with a loving smile on his face, his eyes glittering with adoration. “You’re a cheeky bastard, you know that?”

“I know…” Die grinned, lifting a hand to rub his left eye. “But you love it.”

“Do I?” The younger man snorted, using his lovers weakened grip to his advantage and flipping them round so that he was on top. A surprised squeak left Die’s mouth, which made Toshiya chuckle as he pressed his lips against the older man’s ear, whispering intensely. “You know, I should punish you for waking me up at this ungodly hour.”

Die groaned quietly, looking up at Toshiya with wide, innocent eyes. “Why don’t you then?”

“I’m tired,” The bassist rested his head on his partner’s chest, muffling his yawn with his hand, snuggling closer and wrapping the duvet tighter around them both. “But, mark my words… tomorrow, I’ll make you so warm, you’ll never feel cold again.”

Die laughed, squeezing him tight and kissing his hair. “I’ll hold you to that.”