Sequel: This Is An S.O.S.

The Chemistry Between Us Could Destroy This Place

Chapter eighteen.

November 1, 2007.

**SCIENCE** science because nothing happened before science.

When the bell rang, all these people came in late. They gave the teacher a perfect reason that was as true as the color of my hair. Mr. Creepy perv teacher guy didn't believe them, then went on a ten-minute rant about us talking. Every time he walked by my desk, I held my breath. I spent most of that time either acting like I'm listening or staring at Travis.

We were told to get into groups of two for the lab.(A/N: OMG!! My cat is snoring!) Jeneva asked me to be in a group with her. We were the first group to be done with writing down our stuff. This lab, you had to plan it out to show the teacher and he would give it an 'O.K.' before you could start the lab. It turned out that the teacher forgot to put something in the materials section. Then Travis' group came.

I waved to Jessica. I told Jeneva about having an urge to poke my 'halfro'. "I have a halfro" I said to Travis while poking my halfro.

"I thought afros were up all the way around" he said.

"It's not an afro, it's a HALFRO. And I have this stuff on it that makes it straight."

"It doesn't look very straight. Looks to me that it's curly. I like the suffix..."

"That's a prefix.." Jeneva informed Travis.

We went on to do our lab. It was trying to get salt and sand separated. Travis' group finished first and he came over to make us smell his salt/water solution. Jeneva smelled first then made a face. I was apprehensive at first, I thought that Travis peed in it. He told me it's okay and I smelled it. "Smells like like dirt" I said.

**AFTER SCHOOL**

We were let out of class late for reasons unknown. When I walked out of class, Tyler was there waiting for me. I told him very clearly that I was going to be at the bottom of the hill. I told him that I had to annoy someone and that I wouldn't get to if we didn't run. I caught up to Travis as he was leaving the school gates. I saw Oscar who sits across from me in art and pushed him.

I was in front of Travis and Megan. After we crossed the street, I saw sofia's emo friend across the street. I have no idea what his name is. I just started yelling random names that start with a J. Travis caught up with me and Tyler and helped me out with the name.

"Josephine!" he yelled.

"It's not Josephine!"

Tyler offered me some M&M's. I turned them down and he gave them to Travis. We started talking about candy. It turnsout that Travis shares my love of Kit-Kats.