Alone

Chapter 4: False alarm

I looked back at John and back at the hand. I had been like that for a while waiting for him to do it again.

The doctor was still mad at me and I made him bring my bed into here with all of my stuff. I didn't care whether or not they were in a coma and I wasn't. I needed to be with my family. In comas or not.

Mara, my new nurse came striding in. Well she wasn't a nurse yet but she wanted to become one. But for animals I have gathered.

"hey Ktherine!" she said and smiled at me.

"hey Mara." I said back.

It seems we are the same age. She has a little sister who has cancer so thats why she wants to be a nurse here for a little while before going to be a vet. At least thats what she told me.

"Mara, John squeezed my hand but now nothing. I felt so happy and now so crushed. What does it mean?" I asked.

"Well Katherine, Coma patients tend to do that. They still have a body that works. It probably was a spasm." she said gently.

"Oh okay. I am going to go to bed. Can you help me?" I asked.

"Sure." she said and helped me into my bed.

I took one last look at John and he seemed to have smiled at me. I shook my head trying to clear it. I looked back and knew I was only seeing things.

Or was I? I shook my head again and then went to sleep. I was totally exhausted and fell into a deep sleep to awake to a haertbeat that wasn't my own.

I looked over and saw John starting to stir. I sat up so fast and swung my legs over the bed and walked to his bed. I sat down in the chair that was awaiting me today. Then it hit me. I had walked. I had WALKED!!! The doctor had said I wasn't going to be able to walk for the rest of my life and here I was walking... Mental note: Sue this doctor of mine!

"John?" I whispered in his ear. he turned to look at me.

"Katherine?" he asked.

"John!!!!" I yelped and hugged him.

He yelped to.

"I am so sorry John!! i am so glad your awake now. That stupid doctor tried to get me to sign a paper to let ou off your guys machines... so you would die... I refused and I am glad I did!! He also said I was paralized but here I am in this seat. I walked over here." I spat out at him in one big gasp of air.

"Nice to see you too!" he smiled as he siad that.

I smiled back. Mara came in at that moment and almost dropped my tray.

"You are up and in that seat and John!!! I get to meet you at last!!" She said and put the tray down and headed over to us.

I was so happy. Nothing could ruin my good day. Nothing.

Comments please