Status: Done. Not doing a sequel unless I think of something perfect and far from cheesy. Not likely I'll find it.

Just a Little Sadistic

I'm going to tell the authorities.

I lay in bed with a cigarette wedged between my fingers listing to an old CD I found laying around. My head hurt from last night and I was in no mood to do anything. That girl put up a good fight but she was long gone now. I searched my mind and replayed the night over in my head, the corners of my mouth arching upward from the memory.

My cell phone blasted, removing me from my thoughts. I check the caller ID. Erik.

“Did you see the news?” Erik sounded worried but that didn’t always mean there was something to worry about. I smudge out my smoke.

“What’s on the news?”

“That girl you hooked up with! They found her dead.”

“And you’re surprised by this?” I snort. I pull the blankets back and step on the cold, wooden floor before I walk over to my dresser and pull out an old navy blue shirt that has a small hole in the lower left corner. I pull it over my head.

“-be careful, Daniel. People will be looking for you.”

“Yea, whatever. That’s the least of my worries. You know I’ve never gotten caught. Besides, I don’t leave fucking evidence around like some people,” I laugh triumphantly.

“Look,” Erik spat. “I’m your best friend and you’re mine. We look out for each other. So I’m just fucking giving you a heads up like a friend should.”

I roll my eyes and left my bedroom to check the news, curious on what they had to say about the girl. I fall onto the couch and turned on the TV.

“Don’t get all sentimental with me. I appreciate that. You know I do. I just have a funny way of showing it.” I smile as I flipped through the channels.

“Right. Catch you later.” With that he hung up.

I finally find a channel that is talking about the girl and I lay one arm over the back of the couch. According to the man on the news, it’s a real hardship and the family is going through some hard times now. According to the man on the news, whoever committed this crime is very sick and should be caught immediately - something that makes my smile grow. According to the man on the news, she didn’t deserve what happened.

Apparently they don’t have an idea who did it. Of course they don’t. I’ve never gotten caught with any of my crimes.

Ever since I was little I’ve always found a joy in other people’s suffering. I then found that I enjoyed it even more when I was the one who caused it. It happened when my friend Nathan and I were playing in the backyard when I threw a rock but missed terribly which caused the rock to collide with his skull. Nathan was my best friend at the time but the fact that he needed stitches sent shivers of pleasure down my spine knowing that I did that. I tried to ignore it, I knew that it wasn’t right to feel that way. I’ve never told anyone about the real way I felt. That is until I began to get older and it was just obvious although only a few people really knew how I felt and acted on my psychopathic thoughts. They were my best friends.

A knock at the door tear my thoughts away. I stand up and walk to the door. Open it. I see Jessica standing outside in a leather mini skirt and high boots, a white tank top and bracelets hanging at her wrists.

“What do you want?” I sneer.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. “Can I come in?”

I hesitate before nodding, curious to what she has to say. She steps inside and waits for me to close the door behind her. I raise my eyebrow as if to question her.

“You killed that girl on the news.” Her eyes narrow and she taps her foot. I almost laugh. My head flips back.

“Your point?” I hold my hands out and raise an eyebrow.

“You’re sick! And I’m going to tell the authorities!” I clench my fists and charge towards her, pinning her against the wall with my hand tight around her neck. I can feel her struggle under my grasp and I like it.

“Stupid whore,” I snap. Her fingers claw at my hand but does nothing. “You’re not going to tell a soul. Not if you want to live.” She gasps for air. Jessica does her best to nod at me, willing to do anything for me to loosen my grip.

I let go and she runs to the door. I know my warning got to her. Next time I don’t think I’ll go so easy on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was a little short. Sorry.

Subscribe and comment!