Status: Hiatus

Mirror Images

Chapter Two

"Alright, truth or dare?" I sighed. It was lunch time and my wonderful friends decided to play truth or dare. She got Caleb, Summer, and Serenity to sit with us and play.

"Um, truth?" I had meant for it to be a statement, but it came out as a question.

"Aw, that's no fun!" Tisha exclaimed. The others murmured in agreement. I shrugged.

"So? That's what I choose, you're lucky I even picked," I put my head down. She looked a little concerned but nodded.

"Alright, is it true that you like someone?" I blinked twice. I hadn't really expected that. I've been out of it lately, ever since I first started seeing him, and I didn't think I acted like I liked anyone.

"Of course it's not true. Who do you think I like?" She grinned mischievously and for a second I thought she knew about him. But that's absurd, how could she?

"I'll tell you later." I shrugged and watched as it progressed. They were typical, as most didn't want to pick dare, and I soon tuned it out. I thought back to Him. I had started seeing him for a couple months now. The first time it happened, I was taken by surprise.

My mom had wanted me to take out the garbage. I was about to go back inside when I noticed him, walking. He was on the other side of the street, just walking, His eyes were icy blue and looked sorrowful and worried. His hair was blonde with black streaks, and his skin seemed to fit in with the rest; it was translucent. He was wearing a furry blue winter coat, tight blue jeans, and black Nikes.

I was speechless, just watching, but he didn't seem to notice. He just kept walking. I wanted to talk to the gorgeous boy, just to hear his voice, but I was glued in place. I gasped, just because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The beautiful boy just kept walking, not acknowledging my presence if he knew I was there.

The door snapped open and I heard my mother's voice. "Elodie, what's taking so long?" I tore my eyes off of him and looked at her.

"Oh, uh, nothing, I was just coming inside." I turned and looked but he was gone. I sighed and walked back inside, avoiding my mother's curious gaze.


"Elodie? Elodie!" I snapped back into reality and saw June was shaking my shoulder. She looked worried and I smiled meekly at her.

"Sorry, I was just thinking. Let's go," I walked back to class without waiting for them, trying to avoid their inquiry. I know they'd just think I was crazy. So I have to hide it. I have a fuzzy purple notebook that I never go anywhere without.

Inside of this purple notebook is every time I've ever seen him and all my thoughts on him. I know it sounds like I'm obsessed, but I need some way to let it out. It's not a good thing, I know, to be infatuated with someone I don't even know, but I can't help it.

From the first time I saw him I knew I wanted to be his. Regardless of what could happen, he is now a part of my life and I can never change that. So if I have to be a silent observer, then so be it, I just need to know he's there. Then I'll be okay.

I know there's something wrong with me for thinking this way, but I can't help it. Even though he has no idea that I'm here, I have to at least see him. It'll be the highlight of my day. To see his icy blue eyes again, that's what I want to be able to look into every day.

But for now, I'll stick to my journal and being the silent observer. It's much less painful. I don't think I could ever live with myself if he rejected me. Besides, admiring from afar is more mysterious. Someday, though, I will talk to him. It's on my to do list, at the very top, but I keep putting it off. I'm afraid, I know. But I suppose it's inevitable, so I'll have to see where it takes me. For better or for worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
R&R ! :D Updates every friday, I'm sorry for the late update but everything has been crazy lately.