Status: Finit.

Boys Will Be Boys

Pleasure And Pain Are Not The Same Thing.

*Two Days Later*

I haven't heard or seen Raegan since Saturday. I'm hoping I'll see get to see him today. So, y'know, we can sort some stuff out. I grab my clothes and pull them on. It's one of the outfits he bought me. A white, pink, and yellow Bring Me The Horizon shirt, and uhm... neon pink pants. I'll tell ya, these things are bright! I grab my school bag and head down stairs. It's still early. I take a seat at the table and my father comes in. Oh great. Just what I don't need this morning.

"Hey, Afton."
"Hi, dad." I say, standing up.
"Whoa! Those pants bright enough for ya, boy? You look like a flaming faggot."
I know he doesn't know my secret, but dang, those words hurt! "Yeah, someone bought them for me."
"Oooh. A new girlfriend, I suppose?"
Dang. What am I supposed to say to that? "U-uh, yeah." That was totally unconvincing.
"Hm. You're just like your old man. Been at the school for less than a week and already got girls drooling over ya. I'd have to say son, I'm proud of ya." He ruffles my hair.
"Dang it, dad." I say, trying to fix my hair.
He chuckles. "Well come on son. I gotta go to work, I'll just drop you off on the way.
"Okay."

I grab my stuff and shuffle my way out of the door. I get in and soon enough were driving away from the house. The ride is silent besides my over-active brain. I wonder what my dad will say when he finds out I'm half a faggot. And not really. I might as well say I'm gay, because there's not a girl that's truly caught my eye yet. Sure, they're pretty. But I'm not attracted to any of them like that. I mean Raegan... He's the only one I've been attracted to. And he doesn't even look like a girl! Ugh, this is frustrating.

We arrive at the school and I say bye to my dad. I go in, head to my locker and get prepared for first block. I'm practically jumping with joy to see Raegan's beautiful face. I want so bad to make him feel safe again. It's all I want. To have him in my arms where he belongs. He and no one else belongs there. Just him.

But when I take my seat in class and the bell rings, I'm disappointed. Raegan's no where in sight. I look over at his vacant seat and sigh. Is he skipping because of me? I sure hope not. I look past his seat and find Kevin. I scribble down, Where's Raegan?, on a piece of paper and throw it at him.

When he hands it back it says, At home. And we continue passing it between us.

Why?
I can't tell ya, man. He'd kill me.
What's it like top secret or some crap?
Yeah, it kind of is. He's going to need some space for a while man. Just, he'll tell you when he's ready.


I don't bother anymore because I have a feeling I already know what the problem is.

His father.

Raegan

-Flashback-

I walked into the door of my house. I was scared spit less. I knew Afton would never hit me. I knew he wouldn't. But his face when he was angry reminded me of my father. And I just couldn't be there. I had to leave.

I continued walking through the house. I hoped to make into my room without running i into my father. But as God would have it, I had no such luck. My father was there to stop me as soon as I reached there stairs.

"D'you have fun last night? Hm? Did he do ya good, faggot?"
I flinched. His words stung. "Pl-please n-n-not now."
"Oh. I'm sorry." His voice leaked with sarcasm. "Am I hurting your little feelings?" His hand latched on to my hair.
"Pl-please.... d-don't."
"This is what happens to faggots like you."

His free hand met with my gut, knocking the wind out of me. Tears threatened to fall from eyes, but I wouldn't let them. Another hit, that one to my nose. I watched as the blood oozed from my nostrils as another blow connected with my lip. They just kept coming. Not stopping, showing no mercy. This is what my life had consisted of. Being beaten to a pulp by a father who couldn't give two craps about you.

When he finished, I was left on the floor. Barely breathing. Just a pile of blood and broken bones. My eyes closed as I drifted in unconsciousness. My father, the man I once loved so dear, was the reason why his son shut out his own boyfriend in fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh. My. Gosh.

I didn't think I'd have the guts to write that.