Status: Finit.

Boys Will Be Boys

It's Okay To Say I Love You. / Someone Has To Pay the Price.

I freeze in my place, realizing what I just said. I can't believe I just said that. I mean, I got caught up in the moment and it was running through my mind. I never meant to voice it. It was an accident. He seems undisturbed by it. Maybe he didn't hear it. And if he did, what does he think? You know what? Screw what he thinks. I just continue kissing him, letting my mistaked "I love you" sink into the air. But then Afton stops and pulls away.

"I love you too, Raegan." Holy crap. He did hear me.
"Y-you can't."
"What do you mean I can't? I realize it's way, way too early in our relationship to say so. But I just wanted you to know that I feel the same way."
I'm astounded. "Really?"
"Yes."

I look into his eyes and I see nothing but the truth. I feel like a giddy school girl. All this happiness bubbling up inside me is just too much, And I only know how to express it in one way. I cup Afton's face, ignoring the pain in my arms, and kiss him like no tomorrow. His body tenses up at first then he melts against me. I groan and the move away from him. This could easily get out of hand. And honestly, sex is not something I want at the moment.

"Afton?"
"Mmm?" He asks, eyes still shut tight.
"You wanna go fix that?" I ask, referring to the bulge in his pants.
He blushes. "Nah, don't worry about it, it'll go away."
I laugh. "Alrighty then. Why'd you skip school for me?"
"Raegan. I skipped because I was worried sick about you. You ran out of my house Saturday morning without telling me what I did wrong. You confessed to me that your father abuses you. And not to mention, you didn't even call me. When you didn't come to school, I freaked."
I smile weakly. "You care that much about....me?"
"Yes. I care that much."
"Oh, Afton." Yeah, I know. I sound like a lovesick school girl.
He laughs and hugs me. "You wanna watch a movie?"
I nod, pointing to the book case full of DVDs. "Pick one. It doesn't matter."
"Triple X: State Of The Union?" I nod again and he puts the movie in.

When he settles down again, I cuddle into him. I shiver, due to my lack of clothing. Afton places his hoodie over me as a blanket and then I'm warm. Watching my favorite movie and being held by my boyfriend, I could swear right then and there that I'm in heaven. Or pretty darn close.

If you ask me what my favorite moment in time is, I'd have to say, nothing beats this. The here and the now.

Afton

Raegan fell asleep again. Not that I minded. I mean, he's hurt. He need sleep, right. So I just sit tight and watch the rest of the movie. Holding him tight and just feeling euphoric. I told him I loved him. I meant every word. I still mean it. But I won't be repeating it anytime soon. It's too soon for that anyway, and he needs stability. Not a bunch of promises that he think will be broken. I'm going to be that rock for him. That sturdy foundation on which he can lean on if ever he needs to.

The movie ends and I pick Raegan up with me as I stand up. I head to find his room. He murmurs my name in his sleep. I find it extremely cute. As I head up the stairs I think that a task like this should be hard. But it's not because Raegan is unnaturally light for a boy his height and age. I wouldn't be surprised if he was being malnourished. I mean, after all, the boy ate that pizza like it was the last bit of food on earth. I'm not judging though. His father probably doesn't even care if his son lives. How could a person be so ruthless to their own flesh and blood.

I enter what I think is Raegan's room and walk to the bed. Upon reaching it, I cradle him in one arm and pull back the covers. He stirs a bit and I carefully lay him down. He murmurs something incoherent and I smile. I decide to cover him up and leave my hoodie with him. I can get it some other time. I kiss his cheeks, forehead, and his lips then watch a smile grace his face. Then I leave the room and crack the door.

I go back downstairs and turn the t.v. off. I search around making sure that I left no evidence, besides my hoodie with Raegan, for his dad to find. When I find that all is clear I let my self out, making sure to lock the bottom lock behind me. Where am I going? I have no particular destination. But I do have a mission. Make a plan for Raegan. That's my number one priority. Then it hits me. I know exactly who I'm going to see.

Who, you ask?

Kevin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh. Afton's got a plan!

P.S. I want someone to be my hero!

:D Comments needed. Thanks.