Status: Finit.

Boys Will Be Boys

1 Into The 2. 2 Into The 3. 3 Into The 4. Then You Gotta Breathe.

Doctors swarm in. Hands are tearing at my clothing, trying unsuccessfully to pull me away from my reason for breathing. Tears are streaming down my face in waterfall after waterfall.

"Save him! Please save him!"
"Sir, you have to leave."

Squirming and fighting. Screaming and hollering. All for one thing.

Save my baby.

Raegan

One electric shock.
No pulse.
Second shock.
Darkness is still in control.

Fight for it, Raegan. Fight. For Afton.

Third shock.
I can see white.
Fourth shock.
Just a little closer.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

Fifth shock.
Take a breath, Raegan.
Sixth and final shock.
Air inflates my lungs.

Afton

I drop to my knees out side the room. He has to live. Even if it means I have to give up my life.

Dear God,
Take the very breath you gave me.
Take the heart from my chest.
I'll gladly take her place if you'll let me,
make this my last request.
Take me out of this world
God, please don't take the boy.


B R E A T H E F O R M E , R A E G A N.

Raegan

The air in my lungs stings. It's foreign. I was dead. Now I'm alive again. I want my baby to know I'm breathing again. I want him to come to me. The darkness still hovers above me but it's easier to keep it away. I don't need to struggle. I can breathe freely. I hear no sounds, so I must be alone. Or maybe, I'm still unconscious?

I don't know. But I'm alive.

Afton.

My face is wet with tears when a nurse steps out of the room. She smiles down at me. I stand on my feet.

"Sir, may I have a word with you?"
I sniffle. "Is he... he..."
"He's breathing, Mr. Aimes. We revived him. He's quite a fighter."

She opens the door to his room and I rush over to his beside. Grabbing his hand and not caring about the doctors around me, I lean down to brush his lips with my own.

"Thank you."

Raegan
*Hours Later*

My eyes open and I flinch. The white lights above me are blinding. I look to the right of me. That familiar unruly brown hair covers a part of my arm.

"Af....ton." I hear my scratchy voice call.
His head lifts and those beautiful brown eyes meet with mine. "R-Raegan?"
I laugh inwardly. "Who else?"'
He smiles and crawls into the hospital bed with me. "I'm so glad you're alive."
"Me too."
"Shh, baby. You need to rest now. We'll talk again tomorrow."

He begins stroking my hair and I begin to fall asleep. My baby and I are finally together again.
♠ ♠ ♠
He made a comeback.

I like that I made it all dramatic. Trust me, I had a good reason for killing him for a little bit.

The story gets happier from here.