Don't Let Them Grind You Down

A last fire will rise behind those eyes

Frank sighed as his eyes scanned his foggy surroundings. The air was damp and there was no one in sight.

"Perfect" he muttered, sitting down in his usual spot. He had found this spot when he was young. He couldn't remember his exact age, yet it was sometime close to his parents divorce.

Nobody else went up there, as far as Frank knew. It was one hell of a walk through the old overgrown cemetery and up to the deserted hill that over looked Franks hometown.

He was supposed to be going to band practice in five minutes, but hell, they could wait. In fact Gerard and the boys were probably used to his mysterious disappearings. Frank had been a friend of the band but not actually been in the band until a few months ago where they asked him to join.

Frank jumped as a small bird landed behind him. Turning to watch, he was fascinated, until the bird flew away.

"Even the birds hate me"

Now Frank wasn't one to be upset, but sometimes life just got to him. And today was one of those times.

As if getting the crap beaten out of him in school was not enough, he and his mother had argued and she had told him that the divorce was his fault. This had hit a sore spot and before he knew it Frank had stormed out and was already half way up to his hideaway.

His cell vibrated in his pocket and he yanked it out cursing himself for not turning it off. Seeing his mothers caller I.D flash across the screen he ignored it and lay back in the thick long grass, not caring about getting wet.

Frank even found it relaxing as the cold dew sank it's way into his hair, making him shiver. Once again his cell went off.

"Aww for..." He was stopped midway as the words Way Gerard were light up, instead of his mothers.

Should he answer it?, he supposed he owed his band mates an explanation.

"Hello?" he spoke quietly

"Hey, thank God, we were worried about you!"

"You were?"

"Yeah, your mother called us up asking if you where here, saying you just took off"

Frank shrugged then sheepishly realized Gerard couldn't see.

"Oh, sorry dude... uuh I'll be with you soon"

"Okay cool, and Frank?"

"Uh huh?"

"Where are you, I mean you always take off somewhere, but where?"

"I'll tell yuh someday Gee, swear" and he hung up.

Standing up he yawned and turned, and started to make his way down. Hoping nobody would ask questions.